best ever ads

i suspect we have done something like this before but i came across an old fave recently.

for me, the greatest ad ever. makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with the product but you never forget it (and how on earth can you watch this and not smile) and i believe it gave the company a massive boost around the world, after some issues. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtEyDrD4oA

• Haha 1

I  thought the Cadbury ad was a shocker.

That said if it has people mentioning it ,nice work .I remember that bourbon ad and all the talk following it ..it was huge .The elongated blink..

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i suspect we have done something like this before but i came across an old fave recently.

for me, the greatest ad ever. makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with the product but you never forget it (and how on earth can you watch this and not smile) and i believe it gave the company a massive boost around the world, after some issues. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHtEyDrD4oA

I recently saw that this ad was in response to some bad press for Cadbury in England because they sold out to a US company I think. The marketing director gave the agency an open brief to bring the feeling of joy back to the brand. Great courage. As a guy, who has worked in advertising for 25 years, I wish more clients were this brave. But everyone tends to overthink everything now because there are so many opinions and ideas get diluted and compromised. Every now and then there is a gem though.

Just now, Bill Hayes said:

I recently saw that this ad was in response to some bad press for Cadbury in England because they sold out to a US company I think. The marketing director gave the agency an open brief to bring the feeling of joy back to the brand. Great courage. As a guy, who has worked in advertising for 25 years, I wish more clients were this brave. But everyone tends to overthink everything now because there are so many opinions and ideas get diluted and compromised. Every now and then there is a gem though.

bill, i knew it was something like that. 

amazing leap and how on earth did anyone think of something like that. 

westie, on this one, we are not in agreement. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

bill, i knew it was something like that. 

amazing leap and how on earth did anyone think of something like that. 

westie, on this one, we are not in agreement. 

I think they probably started brainstorming British things and landed on Phil Collins and that moment in the song that everyone knows then went crazy from there.

40 minutes ago, MD Puffer said:

The Apple 1984 Super Bowl ad would have my vote. Ironically, I detest Apple and these other nosey tech companies. 

Sent from my iPhone

Haha classic

These were always great too, nothing about the product, funny though. I know there's a lot of them but the whole campaign was fantastic. Didn't make me want to buy Budweiser but I laughed everytime 

5 hours ago, FireMedic said:

These were always great too, nothing about the product, funny though. I know there's a lot of them but the whole campaign was fantastic. Didn't make me want to buy Budweiser but I laughed everytime 

had not seen them. brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...

These Dos Equis ads are legendary 

His personality is so magnetic, he can’t carry credit cards. 

He once gave a pep talk so good, both teams won.