Wrinkled Wrappers

I need a bit of help. I have a weather tight tupperdore that holds several trays of customs. Now in this container I have three 320g boveda as well as about 5 60g 65% boveda packages. I have approximately three hundred customs in this container. The only cigars that have wrinkling are my 109s. Temperature has always been between 68F-70F. Despite having the 65% Boveda I’m currently at 69% humidity in the container. None of the other cigars seem to show issues. 1st pic is when I brought them back from the island. Second pic is 6 months later. 

03565EE2-2AE8-43DD-9AC1-325FF0BA40BD.jpeg

797B2692-8E58-449E-8E96-53BA19BCAA6C.jpeg

• Like 1

Custom rolls is made so that it can be comfortably smoked directly from the table of the roller (wet tobacco). They specifically make some underfilled to keep a fresh cigar Smoking. When the cigar dries to standard humidity, it can lose its shape.

• Like 1

Another option may be if you often open the container, boveda does not have time to restore the humidity. This is a problem I have in the winter in the humidor, when the humidity in the room falls.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BarryVT said:

Yeh looks like shrinkage due to lower humidity. Even the bands appear to be much looser

I would agree with you there

5 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

Another option may be if you often open the container, boveda does not have time to restore the humidity. This is a problem I have in the winter in the humidor, when the humidity in the room falls.

The container is hardly ever opened, as I have probably only opened it 4 times in six months. 

6 minutes ago, Isaac said:

would agree with you there

Geez! If you are at 69-70 rh, makes you wonder what they were at when you got them! Catch 22, raise humidity and chance mold, lower humidity and shrinkage.  No win situation

On 5/2/2019 at 5:03 PM, Isaac said:

They look ugly as sin, but smoked one now and flavors were spot on without any burn issues. 

That is what matters the most! Save those as your personal stash, and pull out the silky smooth ones when sharing with friends. (And maybe put those on the bottom so you don't have to look at them) lol