Berlin Cigar Journey Ride-a-Long

24 minutes ago, Buck14 said:

A ? for my Cigar adventures in Berlin..

Just arrived at hotel in Berlin from Chicago - room isn’t ready yet - oh well...guess I’ll just fire up this HU2 from @inter4alia while I wait

F89EA6BE-0A2C-474C-AF38-4F5C010CC4DA.jpeg

Berlin tour continues at Krohan Bress

Punch RE 5th Avenue Preferidos

(I’ll look up the year later I’m busy right now?)

Edit - Proprietor says that these were supposed to come out end 2017 or early 2018 but that they just got these this month (April 2019)

96C96E8E-7F79-475F-97B0-64AB4A9EEAC5.jpeg

8CFA7C60-08FE-4916-AA32-E740145E9A9C.jpeg

2011 Sancho Panza Belicoso Easterfest Alexanderplatz Berlin accompanied by Berlin Pilsner 

D31B33D2-D922-4B97-9E51-9E03F59EBADE.jpeg

Go cubbies!

• Like 1

Don’t worry about the Preferidos, I think they’ll be around. I am not impressed by the first box, and there’s going to be 10k boxes. There’s always a run on the 5th. In the first days, - I think however the stampede will wear off soon?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hookmaker said:

Don’t worry about the Preferidos, I think they’ll be around. I am not impressed by the first box, and there’s going to be 10k boxes. There’s always a run on the 5th. In the first days, - I think however the stampede will wear off soon?

Thanks brother! I was able to secure some so I’m happy. I smoked one couple days ago and thought it had great potential but meed at least another 6 months to 1 year down 

If you make it to LCDH Hamburg please beat the proprietor about the head and shoulders until he produces either a 50 Cab of PL Coronas or the $600 USD he owes me.  At this point I'm not too particular about which he chooses to part with.   

• Haha 3

If you make it to LCDH Hamburg please beat the proprietor about the head and shoulders until he produces either a 50 Cab of PL Coronas or the $600 USD he owes me.  At this point I'm not too particular about which he chooses to part with.   

Rotfl - what did you expect? I have been warning people publicly and privately about this crook for years.

5 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Rotfl - what did you expect? I have been warning people publicly and privately about this crook for years.

I am aware.  I was given false hope as 3 friends ( also members of this forum) ordered and received theirs.  

3 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

I’ve been extremely unimpressed with everyone of the handful of LCDHs I’ve visited excepting Puerto Vallarta in Mexico.

Did not experience any scam / price gouging at the one in Berlin but very unfriendly and one of the worst stocked cigar lounges I’ve ever seen.

I’ve been extremely unimpressed with everyone of the handful of LCDHs I’ve visited excepting Puerto Vallarta in Mexico.
Did not experience any scam / price gouging at the one in Berlin but very unfriendly and one of the worst stocked cigar lounges I’ve ever seen.

Check out Stuttgart, Leipzig, Munich, ... and you will change your mind.

Yeah, don't let the Berlin LCDH sway you from visiting the others.  Most are great.  Hamburg is run by a charlatan and thief, but at least in person you will be able to be very insistent about receiving cigars you paid for.

3 hours ago, Buck14 said:

The only LCDH I'd strongly discourage people to buy from here in Germany would be Hamburg - don't get why anyone would still buy there..... Frankfurt is a close second as service is shitty to non-existant from my one and only experience there.

Never been to Berlin - nor care to.

If I am not allowed to "touch" a Cab or check the bottom markings I will bring my money somewhere else right away.

My favourite LCDH's here are Cologne, Kaiserslautern and Saarbrücken. Family run cozy affairs with great service and good attitude.

Yeah Berlin LCDH at the Savoy is a joke for stock, looks like a Russian shop in the 80s, empty shelves. On the whole the service is pretty cold in all the cigar ships in Berlin.
As others have said, Peter Heinrich's in cologne is brilliant, lcdh Koblenz is very very friendly in a lovely town and selected cigars in Dusseldorf is good too. Crap experience with cigar world on line, but in person no complaints

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Check out Stuttgart, Leipzig, Munich, ... and you will change your mind.

I've been to the one in Stuttgart and was treated like a king.That was 3 years ago

13 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

I have to second this opinion, took me many phone calls and eventually a not so friendly letter from the family lawyer in Germany until they refunded my money. And that’s a good 10 years ago now.

Used to go there regularly when I lived in Hamburg in the early 2000’s. In the shop and in Person it was always ok. But now I’m with Claus! Stay away as far as you can!

In Berlin I’ve always been treated very well at ‘Herzog am Hafen’. Even though it’s the same owner as the LCDH I’ve always received great service from the guys, either online or in the lounge.

• Like 1

Took me two months to get my money back on a 50 cab of RG Perlas that never materialised. Used Google Translate to express myself in very strong terms in phrases that were beyond my basic German. It became quite a game and I learned to say things that would shock a 'Oma'.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

Part 4

They have a fantastic old school department store in Berlin (KaWeDe) which reminds me of the old Marshall Fields in downtown Chicago (RIP). What a fantastic store! You can spend ALL your money in there really easily.

They have a little Davidoff-sponsored kiosk with a little walk-in humidor - was the only place in Berlin that I found a few PL RE 5th Ave Coronas. They also had a couple off boxes of Punch Preferidos RE 5th Ave as well.

3200D51D-8E9C-408D-8501-2E0ADA85B985.jpeg

A450722E-C6AA-49DD-885B-7500EA77AB09.jpeg

CB16F6DF-4F20-489A-817D-659DE8A89F31.jpeg

• Like 2

Part 5

There is a very nice liquor store in Berlin  called Delicious Berlin with a nice walk-in humidor in the back. The cigar area is called Stark Zigarren which confuses the hell out of me when trying to find it. Well worth the visit several boxing of the RE Punch Preferidos

They also had a 3 types of ANEJADOS: 

1. HDM Robustos 

2. Party Piramides 

3. Party Coronas Gordas

all from 2008 with that REVISADO stamp.

I have limited knowledge of the Anejados program other then what I’ve read on here and I’m terrified to throw any coin at it. But those Piramides looked incredible.

7EC4AC2D-5430-4751-BE9F-042206A05232.jpeg

4D98F58A-52E5-49E7-8D86-D7D1C5C676B9.jpeg

0814D34C-D6B3-4793-A5AC-F6291EE377C7.jpeg

AF3DA867-AE87-426F-AA17-8425518843B4.jpeg

4040E530-7627-4D08-9D99-A1F2822C1E73.jpeg

1B0D9222-4BB7-4C0A-8E4A-490CBA0ECA5D.jpeg

65A098D0-EEBD-4FA0-9B98-2F79EA699DF7.jpeg

156F801D-60F3-4974-BEDF-1F9D152C82D4.jpeg

• Like 2