Medio Siglo-nice surprise

Just tried my first Medio Siglo from a Jaunuary sampler.  I had moderted expectations, but was nicely surprised.  Full, tight pack, slightly stiff draw (which I like)- but was as described, coro on steroids-very nutty,  more full bodied- though still a bit young- lasted well over an hour- will but some more.

• Like 3

People like to turn up their noses at it. It's not worth it, or it's not a good value... They claim. They started out a bit high but the market has started to correct itself. Initially these were going for more than a box of CoRos, which is kinda nuts. Personally, I prefer them to the CoRo but maybe I'm nuts. Glad you enjoyed your first of many I hope @Man D'olin

• Like 2

Thanks ElJavi

I've been a large fan of most all the Siglos at one time or another-currently the III's.  I agree the Medio's seemed crazy steep- so I waited on a sampler. Also feared the smoke would be over too soon- but this one today smoked longer than some of my Sig IV's. I also enjoyed it more than recent Coros. Thanks for the good wishes. 

• Like 1

Good morning from here lads!?

Been enjoying Medio Siglo since their launch and now, with a year or two or more on them they are lovely. Also we seem to all like Siglo 3 here, which has to be my favorite Cohiba.

If that’s a winner for you, get yerself a couple of RyJ Cazadores. Also londsdales Partagas 898’s. Many here are fans.

CB

• Like 1

Hard to fathom after being disappointed by the Vigias, though I may just be a skinny cigar snob.  Will have to punt on a box when I see them at a reasonable (ha!) price.

I really started paying attention to the Medio siglo when Jose Candia  (Punch Joe) was scoffing them like lollies in Havana November 17. That man knows his cigars and he was dead set right. 

I have an aversion to Petit Robusto. Unfortunately the Medio Siglo, Monte Petit Edmundo, HDM Petit Robusto, R&J Petit Churchill, Partagas SD 6 are all bloody excellent. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Presidente said:

I really started paying attention to the Medio siglo when Jose Candia  (Punch Joe) was scoffing them like lollies in Havana November 17. That man knows his cigars and he was dead set right. 

I have an aversion to Petit Robusto. Unfortunately the Medio Siglo, Monte Petit Edmundo, HDM Petit Robusto, R&J Petit Churchill, Partagas SD 6 are all bloody excellent. :rolleyes:

He handed me one my last time in Havana. It was stellar. I just can't get over the pricing on them.

• Like 1

I have had a few out of one of my boxes and I’m not a fan of the size but I am a big fan if the cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A real winner for me. I am a big fan of the CoRo and becoming a big fan of the MS. Was running low and happy to have picked up a box in Cuba. They seem to be easy to find many boxes in Cuba compared to other Siglo and the Robusto.
I recall reading somewhere that this was the same blend as the Siglo VI. I don’t smoke many VI so I can’t comment of this one. Would love to hear those that have some experience with this.
93519f60322ae63e71fff14c6a7cff53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I agree with El Pres when he says the petit robusto is a strange vitola BUT I also agree that the Petit Edmundo is a killer Monte- I haven’t tried the others.  I do find that Magicos can be magic.  And to the brother who likes 898’s, I say “right on”- if you can handle what I would call an adult dose of St. Nicotine.  

Maybe I got a great batch of the Medio Siglos, but I now feel one should give em a try, if you like the Cohiba flavor enough to drop the coin.

I thought the Medio Siglo is just a pricey gimmick cigar due to its $$$ but not expected to see many positive reviews. Is it worth as CORO?? Also, how is new RyJ Petit Royales going???
RyJ PR are the bomb diggity. So good and a good value

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jimmy_jack said:

RyJ PR are the bomb diggity. So good and a good value

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! More cigars to be reviewed with these new school cigars!

You mentioned Magicos. A friend gave me one and it was very rich, full, and excellent. While I have not tried the Medio Siglo I think I’ll love it.  are there any similarities between the two?  Are magicos very underrated?  Perhaps the price puts people off?

On 3/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, Man D'olin said:

I agree with El Pres when he says the petit robusto is a strange vitola BUT I also agree that the Petit Edmundo is a killer Monte- I haven’t tried the others.  I do find that Magicos can be magic.  And to the brother who likes 898’s, I say “right on”- if you can handle what I would call an adult dose of St. Nicotine.  

Maybe I got a great batch of the Medio Siglos, but I now feel one should give em a try, if you like the Cohiba flavor enough to drop the coin.

I'm not as adept at flavor descriptions as many here, but I really like the Magico flavor profile- I've smoked many boxes of them, and find the flavor complex, they have that dark chocolate maduro thing going for them.  They are expensive, and I save them for a treat. What I love about a good Magico is the lack of any unpleasant tobacco flavor- and I know that sounds weird, but it's that flavor that comes when you open a pack of cigarettes.  As an ex-cigarette smoker...well enough said.  The same can be said of the medio Siglo's I got- but I do find the flavors quite different. 

Il glad you posted this...the Medio siglio has been in my top 3 for a while now...I adore this cigar and is aging beautifully. Maybe just me but I find the lighter ones a tad more desirable