Partagas Shorts vs Mille Fleurs

Would like to hear some opinions on the above. Came across a box of Mille Fleurs TOU Dec 17. Never tried a P Short. Flavors? Strength? 

The Mille Fleurs I have taste ok. Nothing spectacular. A bit of a “mongrel” in the last half. Good for a 40-45 minute smoke.

17 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

If I had the choice to pick either Party Short or Mille Fleurs, I would be disappointed with myself for even debating it.

Party Short.  Every day, all day.

I agree 100%

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

A kick up in richness, depth of flavour, a deep thick butterscotch core.

A top level premium cigar in a small package. 

Nothing wrong with the MF, but they are just aiming lower and more rustic.

Both great and both have their own time/place

Rustic would describe the MF PERFECTLY!

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of Partagas.  Second Cap Quintero's comments - IMHO the Shorts will blow you away.  And they're so short, you'll finish the stick and want to light another immediately.  Just an explosion of intense flavors.  Also a shorter smoke than the MF, for me. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, moy71 said:

how many years before the Mille Fleur start improving?

They are absolutely ok. Nothing I would want to trade. My box is from Dic 17. Will try the shorts soon. Just a plain simple smoke. Typical Cuban profile, with a dash of “rustic” in there as @CaptainQuintero said, I would not say harsh. As far as aging more,  I probably will go through them over the summer. It’s just a quick morning smoke with coffee or a quickie in the afternoon. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 5:42 AM, moy71 said:

how many years before the Mille Fleur start improving?

It depends what you are aiming for I guess. They're not going to turn info Lusitanias no matter how long they sit.

You'll probably see them soften out and become a tad sweeter/creamier from 5+ years if the other Mille Fleur/Brevas style Cubans are anything to go by

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, CaptainQuintero said:

It depends what you are aiming for I guess. They're not going to turn info Lusitanias no matter how long they sit.

You'll probably see them soften out and become a tad sweeter/creamier from 5+ years if the other Mille Fleur/Brevas style Cubans are anything to go by

this is very helpful. thank you!!

• Like 2