I may be a cynic ......

I love the marketing aspect............but that cynic in me :D

CAO AMAZON BASIN CIGAR

Traditionally planted in long, neat rows, the tobacco seeds that later became the harvest for this cigar are grown in the last remaining half acre of the Rainforest and scattered wherever sunlight can be found. After the harvest, the leaves are rolled by hand, fermented for six months, and then carried to the river, put into canoes, and rowed to the mainland before they are driven to port and shipped to Nicaragua. The result of this tedious process is an exceptional cigar with an open draw and hints of the environment where it originated. The minimalist smoke carries no label, opting instead for another piece of tobacco in its place.

image.png

• Haha 1

So....it's the hipster sustainable fair trade liberal cigar to the normcore mass production cigars. So funny. There is nothing wrong with properly planting seeds and caring for them in meticulous rows on the traditional farm .I award no points for growing this tobacco in some patches of forest for the sake of trying to eek out an ounce of character.

I knew it was a load of crap when they say it's planted on the last half acre of rainforest... Unless deforestation is a lot farther along than I thought, those maps are very depressing to look at...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If you ignore the marketing drivel, it’s actually a halfway decent change of pace cigar. Only the Amazon Basin, though, not the other two releases in the series. Also quite cheap to be had.

I smoke one probably once every 6 weeks.

• Thanks 1

I agree rob love the marketing aspect “anything that gives you the edge “

cigar wrapped in a jungle vine ?

but I won’t be buying any....cc’s for me !

the best or nothing 

cheers

Remove the band or leave it on? How do I get it off?

I’d try one.  Have enjoyed CAO cigars before.

They May contain Amazonian Armored Hissing Rolling Razorback tobacco beetles as well as foreign tobacco mold spores, the latter which enhance and fully ripen the cigars like fine cheese, after a couple years of cave aging of course. I’d keep these in the wine cellar so the mold has the humidity to fully cure the leaf and the cold keeps the beetles from hatching, not because they would harm the cigars, far from it, legend has it the beetles protect the tobacco and the last thing I want to do is contend with a cluster of sharp hissing drunk beetles when reaching for that nice afternoon smoke.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Traditionally planted in long, neat rows, the tobacco seeds that later became the harvest for this cigar are grown in the last remaining half acre of the Rainforest and scattered wherever sunlight can be found. After the harvest, the leaves are rolled by hand, fermented for six months, and then carried to the river, put into canoes, and rowed to the mainland before they are driven to port and shipped to Nicaragua. The result of this tedious process is an exceptional cigar with an open draw and hints of the environment where it originated. The minimalist smoke carries no label, opting instead for another piece of tobacco in its place.

Did not like this at all. If I remember correctly at about the halfway mark.........i tossed it in the lake.

Reading smoker's reactions, I wonder if they wouldn't be more popular if they added a touch of ayahuasca in the liga.

4 hours ago, DeskSmkr said:

Remove the band or leave it on? How do I get it off?

I’d try one.  Have enjoyed CAO cigars before.

They May contain Amazonian Armored Hissing Rolling Razorback tobacco beetles as well as foreign tobacco mold spores, the latter which enhance and fully ripen the cigars like fine cheese, after a couple years of cave aging of course. I’d keep these in the wine cellar so the mold has the humidity to fully cure the leaf and the cold keeps the beetles from hatching, not because they would harm the cigars, far from it, legend has it the beetles protect the tobacco and the last thing I want to do is contend with a cluster of sharp hissing drunk beetles when reaching for that nice afternoon smoke.

If a cigar is really good, I noticed seasoned smokers tend to smoke through the paper band  and continue to take detailed flavor notes. In this case, it may not be safe to smoke the band so I use miniature scissors that a hipster once gifted to me to gently remove the Amazonian debris.

scissors.jpg

• Haha 1