FOH Fishing International 2019 April 27th and 28th

18 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

F4AEBD21-F6A0-49E0-AB4F-059A072F686F.jpeg

What do you call these fish? They look identical to our Mulloway / Jewfish

4 minutes ago, bayala said:

What do you call these fish? They look identical to our Mulloway / Jewfish

I've seen those fish you guys have down there and thought the same thing! These are White Sea Bass! They're actually part of the Croaker family. They're typically caught in northern Baja, Mexico and the Southern Californian bight...however later in the year we get some inconsistent runs of the bigger 30-60lb class fish when we get squid spawns along the coast. There is absolutely ZERO chance they'll be showing up in April unfortunately...

22 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I've seen those fish you guys have down there and thought the same thing! These are White Sea Bass! They're actually part of the Croaker family. They're typically caught in northern Baja, Mexico and the Southern Californian bight...however later in the year we get some inconsistent runs of the bigger 30-60lb class fish when we get squid spawns along the coast. There is absolutely ZERO chance they'll be showing up in April unfortunately...

Quick wikipedia and they both belong to the Sciaenidae family (drums or croakers). There you go. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bayala said:

Quick wikipedia and they both belong to the Sciaenidae family (drums or croakers). There you go. 

That's awesome!

Do you guys get much fishing done on the Great Barrier Reef? It's one of my bucket list trips to come down and fish with Nomad! The jigging and popping opportunities down there are just unreal! 

4 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

That's awesome!

Do you guys get much fishing done on the Great Barrier Reef? It's one of my bucket list trips to come down and fish with Nomad! The jigging and popping opportunities down there are just unreal! 

Only once, but not for as long or as hard as I would have wanted to. I might have to join you!

Count me in ?

I'll make sure to still be at my Florida home to be in the saltwater category.  Should still be some sailfish around along with plenty of mahi.

• Like 3

Looks like Captain and I may be teaming up as we found out we are neighbors :P

Backbone, what part of south Florida?  I'm up in north Palm Beach Co.

• Like 2

Still looking for a charter out of Hemingway. Apparently not so easy to do if not on the island.

We shall persevere!

On 2/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, El Presidente said:

FOH Fishing International 2019  April 27th and 28th

• Fish one or both days. 
  • Fish anywhere in the world .
  • Individual or Teams

Categories:

Teams:          Offshore Fly & Offshore Spin 

Individual:     Fly and Spin Fresh

Fly and Spin Salt

• Biggest fish (weight)
  • Most fish
  • Most unique fish
  • Best dressed

Prizes

• FOH International Fishing clothing
  • Cigars or Cigar coupons

Registrations Commencing 1st of March. 

FOH Fishing Int 2019_XLGE.jpg

two points.

why not bait? 

next, a prize for the "most unique fish". how can something be the 'most unique'? it is either unique or not. there are no degrees of 'uniqueness'. 

59 minutes ago, juri said:

They have some big fish down in Australia can I tag in my arrrhm friend Jeramy wade from river monsters  ?

17934_rmbs0410.jpg?w=2256&h=1504

2847a9574256b99696d43aa3440592cd--giant-

literally had that episode on ten minutes before i saw this. that is down the mouth of the brizzy river, i believe. so a few miles from most of us. dirty old brown slow river but some big things in it. 

a bull shark haven. 

many years ago, fishing just in front of the place we lived (near the indooroopilly bridge for those familiar), i hooked the biggest thing i have ever caught - an eel. massive. took me across the river several times. finally got it in and the body was thicker than my thigh (i have large thighs). it was a good six foot long. no idea how heavy (other than very). cut the line rather than bring it into my kayak. 

• Like 1

• bayala unpinned this topic