Ever reached for the same box in a walk in Humidor?

I'll set the scene.

You're at one end of a well maintained walk in humidor, out of the corner of your eye, you see a box of Dunhill Cabinetta peaking from behind a wall of boxes, as you approach, you sense a presence from you right, you glance to the side, a man is walking quickly toward the same spot. In a mad last dash you both develop a light jog, and both place a hand on the box at the same time. 

What do you do?

Only one solution, a fight to the death... If it's a full box and not the last single, I guess offer to sell him a 5 pack at 50% markup lol. I treat this like Rob does, they are just cigars, there will always be more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I treat this like Rob does, they are just cigars, there will always be more. 

I like your chat........ but i would hazard a guess that if this actually happened in the flesh, you would struggle to be so loosy goosey.     I'm honest enough to say that if there was a showdown for a box of something like La Escepcion Finos.... I would be f-bombing and shoulder barging in a very unbecoming manner. 

Grab the box at the same time?

I would suggest a split with the one who keeps the box paying an extra (60-40%).

Accepted: go to the cashier.

Not accepted: I would try to hold tight the box (not because of the cigars but because this guy is an asshole).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh and there's more!! 5 more boxes right there, you can have this one (never really letting go), then as soon as he flinches, snatch it and leave. 

But then, if you get there at the same time, you were too slow, you didn't want it bad enough.

Sometimes it helps polite gentleman's conversation, when you calmly convince that you need this product more. Sometimes it is necessary to show "animal grin" that the opponent thought that I am ready to go up to the end in this fight. 
There should be no shame, cigars - a hobby equivalent to collecting, and collectors are definitely ready to kill each other for a rare thing. В 

Quick nakadaka jab to the solar plexus. By the time he says 'ha! that didn't even hurt!' he'll have expelled all the air in his lungs. you just knocked the wind out of him. his diaphragm, unbeknownst to him until this moment, is in spasm, and he is about to fall to the floor in excruciating agony, compounded by the fact that he is unable to scream. It's ok. He'll live. You'll win the day. You'll earn the nickname "Humi Ninja".

23 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

Quick nakadaka jab to the solar plexus. By the time he says 'ha! that didn't even hurt!' he'll have expelled all the air in his lungs. you just knocked the wind out of him. his diaphragm, unbeknownst to him until this moment, is in spasm, and he is about to fall to the floor in excruciating agony, compounded by the fact that he is unable to scream. It's ok. He'll live. You'll win the day. You'll earn the nickname "Humi Ninja".

I think you've just illustrated yourself not to be the person to bump into in the humidor.    As much as I like cigars, a prefer and uncollapsed breathing apparatus

• Haha 1

Well I guess this thread perfectly illustrates that cigars are either:

- just tobacco, and goodwill is the important thing, or

- trophies burnished by the blood of your fallen foes.

Personally, I’d cling on with both hands while wailing “my babies, my babies!” and let embarrassment and disgust work its magic. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 99call said:

I think you've just illustrated yourself not to be the person to bump into in the humidor.    As much as I like cigars, a prefer and uncollapsed breathing apparatus

If it makes you feel any better, I’d reserve this move for black prince, 898UV, ninfas, etc. your dunghills and davidoffs are safe ?

1 minute ago, cfc1016 said:

your dunghills and davidoffs are safe ?

In addition to you, I just said Dunhills, as they're the cigars that people most go 'frothy' over.   Any Dunhills or Davidoffs I've ever smoked have either been poorly looked after or, over the hill.      Would rather a box of Imperiales, or 98 Fundies any day

13 minutes ago, 99call said:

In addition to you, I just said Dunhills, as they're the cigars that people most go 'frothy' over.   Any Dunhills or Davidoffs I've ever smoked have either been poorly looked after or, over the hill.      Would rather a box of Imperiales, or 98 Fundies any day

I’d take boli demi tasse over dunghill any day. 

Just now, cfc1016 said:

I’d take boli demi tasse over dunghill any day. 

Hmmm,  I'm not saying that Dunhills of Davidoffs don't have the potential to be some of the best cigars ever made,.....just rather the ones i've tasted were either poor examples, or poorly kept.   It's worthwhile when considering the rightful merits of these cigars, is that their collectable nature means they've probably travelled around the world 10times over, they often don't get the best chance of being as good as they could be.

Owner: "What you guys think why these have been hidden behind the wall of Monte Opens, eh? This is my private stash. C'mon boys, let me quickly put them back, these are Dunhill Cabinettas, what on earth had you thought - they'd be up for sale?!!

And - will you please! keep that hanky to your nose!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Owner: "What you guys think why these have been hidden behind the wall of Monte Opens, eh? This is my private stash. C'mon boys, let me quickly put them back, these are Dunhill Cabinettas, what on earth had you thought - they'd be up for sale?!!

And - will you please! keep that hanky to your nose!"

so true.    So many times i've had owners say.   "oh these!???   these are not for sale...........these are just placed here to break your heart"

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, 99call said:

I'll set the scene.

You're at one end of a well maintained walk in humidor, out of the corner of your eye, you see a box of Dunhill Cabinetta peaking from behind a wall of boxes, as you approach, you sense a presence from you right, you glance to the side, a man is walking quickly toward the same spot. In a mad last dash you both develop a light jog, and both place a hand on the box at the same time. 

What do you do?

“Hey, look over there, is that a box of the new QdO Coronas!?”

For the “foe”...may be a bro from here. ?

If that matters, and may decrease the violence brought upon this person, may I suggest FOH members may need a special ring or lapel pin to catch one’s eye before rendering him no longer a threat. 

This is the animal and waterhole scenario - when they look at each a little differently when there is less water around...except a cigar ain’t water