JohnS' and Luca's 2018 Christmas Sampler Video Reviews Series

JohnS

5. Partagas Serie E No.2

The Partagas Serie E No.2 is another cigar that has enjoyed more attention in 2018 on our forum, much like the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2. In this review, Luca and I both admit our naivety in smoking this cigar, however, we enjoyed comparing it to other Partagas vitolas we're more familiar with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 99call said:

looking forward to youre thoughts on the Partagas Presidente.  Keep up the good work fellas, really enjoying these

Thank you for the kind words @99callI'm glad you're enjoying the reviews! I'm hoping we can do that next. @JohnS can we pleaaassseeee smoke the Party Pres next!?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

Thank you for the kind words @99callI'm glad you're enjoying the reviews! I'm hoping we can do that next. @JohnS can we pleaaassseeee smoke the Party Pres next!?

Will be interested to see if you get any aspects of Fonseca No 1 marshmallow out of the GOS Presidente, Its a curveball I've been enjoying of late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Luca said:

7 hours ago, 99call said:

Will be interested to see if you get any aspects of Fonseca No 1 marshmallow out of the GOS Presidente, Its a curveball I've been enjoying of late. 

Coincidentally, I think we were talking about it after the H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1. If it has a Fonseca No.1 'marshmallow' to it, then I will genuinely be surprised as these are thought of as usually indicative of 'old school' flavours. Sure thing, I look forward to it.

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Then I will genuinely be surprised as these are thought of as usually indicative of 'old school' flavours

Yep, I was definitely head scratching, but think someone else also picked up Fonseca 1 aspects In the 12DCRC.  Mine definitely has some of that porchini funk to it and forest floor. I think I described it as a marshmallow dipped into a mushroomy peppercorn sauce. 

Always find these sweet savoury smokes to be the most intriguing.   Hope you guys enjoy it. Either way I hope you guys love them

• Thanks 1

8. Trinidad Fundadores

This is another cigar that has enjoyed a loyal following in 2018 on our forum. If you've had some ARS/RAG late '17/early '18 box codes of this cigar, surely you'd know how delightful and consistent the coffee and doughnut flavours in these have been!

• Thanks 1

9. Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona

When was the last time you had a Double Corona? It's possibly the last time you were able to devote 2 to 2-and-a-half hours to smoke one! How does this Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona compare to other Hoyo de Monterrey regular production cigars and other Double Coronas?

• Thanks 1

10. San Cristobal de La Habana La Fuerza

La Fuerza in Spanish means power (or force or strength). Is this cigar a powerful cigar in the San Cristobal range and how does it compare to the very popular forum favourite, the El Principe?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

7. Partagas Presidentes

Aah yes, the Partagas Presidentes. This is one of those cigars known for its 'old school' flavours in the past. Is it still as potent?

Gah!  Really well done, deep review fellas.  Thanks for your thoughts.  Perfect timing for me.  :2thumbs:

• Thanks 2

Thanks @aphexafx!!! Much appreciated.

It was a good learning experience for me. I learnt alot!

also - you might find review no. 10 (SCDLH LF) funny. @JohnS son George decided to prank us when we were in the middle of our review.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wertman said:

Great videos man.  I love them.  What cigar is your favorite to smoke now?  And which is your favorite to age in the long term?

Perhaps @Luca can provide his opinion too, but this weekend we finished the review series (I will upload the last two later this week) but my favourite of these 12 cigars to smoke now...

• For recent overall consistency for construction and quality - H.Upmann Connossieur A
  • For recent reliability in flavour and enjoyment - Trinidad Fundadores
  • For the best smoking experience overall in this Review Series - Punch Punch
  • For aging long-term - Cohiba Robustos, but I would personally rank just behind and value the Punch Punch, H.Upmann Connoisseur No.1 and Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona aged too.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wertman said:

Great videos man.  I love them.  What cigar is your favorite to smoke now?  And which is your favorite to age in the long term?

I agree with what @JohnS has said. To add.... at the moment I am smoking alot of Partagas Mille Fleurs and PLMCs. They are good fresh. I have also been enjoying JLN2 which have about 2 years on them. 

For aging I am resting some QdO Coronas (ETP OCT 15 and 16) which are getting better and better as each year passes. They are in their sick period fresh so if you do get a box - hold off for a minimum of 2 years. @DirtyHarry has smoked a 2007 QdO Coronas gifted to him from @Fuzz and he said it was an amazing cigar and he nubbed it! So for long term aging this also looks promising. 

I am also planning on aging (long term - 5 years) some UEB MAY 18 Mc4s  which have smoked great fresh but will pay dividends later on down the track.

Thank you for watching the reviews. I'm glad you are enjoying them!

Luca

• Like 2