What are you listening to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

original copy of the first Dire Straits record. Sounds amazing on vinyl. Dug this out of my old man’s crate of records. Absolutely amazing. 

The latter one has a cornet solo at 1:58 from the pianist in the first video. He was most famous for his cornet material, but was an equally great pianist. We never got a chance to hear much of his piano work, however (In a Mist is his only solo piece on piano) as he wasn't known for piano and he died of pneumonia caused by abuse of unmoderated prohibition era liquor in 1931 at the age of 28 after a sad three year decline. He was one of the greatest pioneers of jazz and was in equal competition with Louis Armstrong as the greatest cornet player of the 1920s. Speaking of whom:

Emrah really does make great transfers of these records. I have all three on their original labels (I have the OKeh for Mahogany Hall), but only the first two in decent condition. Louis is on trumpet for this recording, but same difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

Listened to the Leslie West Tribute yesterday.  Some good songs there as well.

His tone on Theme for an Imaginary Western on that Night of the Guitars is godlike. Wish I had a good DVD copy of that whole show!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, luckyli said:

I like paddle boarding. Lucky me we have a summer holiday and i can actually do it from time to time. Other than that i am all the time busy with my college studies and there is no much spare time. I haven't watch movies in months and don't have much time to chill either. The only help i get is from https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/war, which write my paper assignments in a short time.

Dread mar is great. Lots of good reaggae in spanish, he is a stand out

https://youtu.be/VF2-JmNItMk 

Willie Colon’s la cosa nuestra. One of top records of Fania from in my humble opinion the god father of salsa, raw and pure.

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

Tommy Bolin burned twice as bright but half as long. R.I.P.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hrs1 said:

First heard Tommy Bolin on this album & still remember being blown away.   

Thanks for bringing that one up.  I hadn't heard it for a long time.  Looks like this is going to be a jazzy rock Sunday.  I'll have to find some Stanley Clarke too😁

4 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Thanks for bringing that one up.  I hadn't heard it for a long time.  Looks like this is going to be a jazzy rock Sunday.  I'll have to find some Stanley Clarke too😁

Likewise - hadn't listened to Spectrum in forever until I saw your Tommy Bolin post :) 

A jazzy rock Sunday is my kind of day & some Stanley is just what the doctor ordered.   Have a great one! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently came across this artist, Benjamin Tod - shades of Townes van Zandt

• Like 2