Just in case you missed it

2 minutes ago, ShortFatHokie said:

Pretty sure that was from 2016...

I always thought that it was only cigars brought back from Cuba that was legal. 

This article refers to Cuban cigars form anywhere in the world. 

My accountant (Artie) sent it through on Saturday.   he normally doesn't drink but I have noticed he has been hitting the Ouzo heavily lately ;)

about fuc.... TIME.  Wow times are a changin between US and Cuba.  Getting better all the time.  Now get the credit card tsituation straight,

allow americans to go to CUBA at anytime with no restrictions and give Cuba the chance to be a US state.  Puerto Rico blew thier chance a couple of

years ago when they voted against becoming a state. Let Cuba take Puerto's slot and have a chance.  I'm sure they would jump at the chance.

A marriage made in heaven, makes sense. C'mon Trumpy Bear give them a legal shot........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuma said:

about fuc.... TIME.  Wow times are a changin between US and Cuba.  Getting better all the time.  Now get the credit card tsituation straight,

allow americans to go to CUBA at anytime with no restrictions and give Cuba the chance to be a US state.  Puerto Rico blew thier chance a couple of

years ago when they voted against becoming a state. Let Cuba take Puerto's slot and have a chance.  I'm sure they would jump at the chance.

A marriage made in heaven, makes sense. C'mon Trumpy Bear give them a legal shot........

I think the US will cease to exist before they ever allow Cuba to be even a territory

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kuma said:

A lot of Puerto Ricans hate the United States and see them as occupying their country. 

5 hours ago, kuma said:

I quite doubt that, even if there is a democratic president in office they would never do that. For one they are still first and foremost a communist country.

23 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I always thought that it was only cigars brought back from Cuba that was legal. 

This article refers to Cuban cigars form anywhere in the world. 

My accountant (Artie) sent it through on Saturday.   he normally doesn't drink but I have noticed he has been hitting the Ouzo heavily lately ;)

Just wondering since everything I'm hearing here in the US, politically speaking in regards to Cuba, is heading back in the other direction...of course, with US news, you never know what is true and what isn't anymore...

On 12/9/2018 at 6:54 PM, HDGSN said:

Question is - is it still 100 per person before duty?

Yes. Hit the Munich LCDH in October (great staff, enjoyed hanging out). €1400 in cigars and rum (fyi, HC Cohiba is really good, but not worth the $$$). Current limits are 100 cigars and 1 bottle of alcohol before duty. Also, limit of $800 for ALL purchases (per person) before duty hits. Price or quantity triggers the duty charge. Currently at 4%. Spreading it across multiple people helps, but plan ahead to split into multiple purchases so that you can take advantage of the VAT refund. I wasn't able to split up the receipt, so I couldn't get it stamped at entry. Lost a VAT refund of ~€160.

@El Presidente...

After getting back from my trip I was hoping to open a locker and slowly stock over the next couple years. Was hoping to do a 2-3 week trip to AUS/NZ in 2020 and making a stop at FoH to empty it out! When you start the lockers back up, is this something that could be done?

On 12/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, hedgeybaby said:

A lot of Puerto Ricans hate the United States and see them as occupying their country. 

Ditto Hawaii. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2018 at 1:20 AM, Al3xanderdelag said:

I was hoping it was for by mail too. I got a few good stern letters by customs and when I go to Mexico this spring hopefully I won't be pulled in for questioning by them. 

You should be fine.

When I went for my CBP interview for Global Entry earlier this year, I wondered if some past seized shipments might come up. Not a word. About anything. They just scanned my fingerprints and said I should expect an approval email within a couple of hours.

I even said, "aren't you going to ask me any questions?" LOL

He seemed aware that I'd been background checked before (Past SEC registration, pistol permits, etc.) and said something like, "you've been through a few of these before."

3 hours ago, tigger said:

You should be fine.

When I went for my CBP interview for Global Entry earlier this year, I wondered if some past seized shipments might come up. Not a word. About anything. They just scanned my fingerprints and said I should expect an approval email within a couple of hours.

I even said, "aren't you going to ask me any questions?" LOL

He seemed aware that I'd been background checked before (Past SEC registration, pistol permits, etc.) and said something like, "you've been through a few of these before."

FYI I knew someone who had an issue with the mail and Global Entry approval so consider yourself lucky! 

Edited by gcman68