Just in case you missed it

5 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. THANK YOU! If I had a dollar for every time I've been called a "Howly" I'd be weeks, not years, from retiring. 

That would be Haole. 

Elementary school at Hale Kula on Oahu..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Interesting, so does this apply only for US citizens or for people visiting the US and bringing Cubans to the US too?

My take is that it applies to anyone bringing Cubans into the US, citizen or otherwise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Islandboy said:

My take is that it applies to anyone bringing Cubans into the US, citizen or otherwise.

Non-residents can import the following articles for personal use free of duty:
a. 100 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 4.4 lbs.(2 kg) of smoking tobacco (persons of 21 years or older), or combination thereof;
b. 1 US quart of alcoholic beverages (persons of 21 years or older); 
In addition, each non-resident (incl. minors) can import gifts of max. value of USD 100.- free of duty, once per 6 months, if their stay in the USA is not less than 72 hours.

State restrictions: Quantities in excess of one US quart of alcoholic beverages per person imported into certain states are subject to local state taxes. For more information, contact the Distilled Spirits Council of the USA.

Alcoholic beverages and cigarettes may not be included in the USD 100.- gift exemption. If not entitled for the USD 100.- gift exemption, articles not exceeding a value of USD 50.- may imported, including max. 100 cigars or 3 lbs. of tobacco. The USD 50.- exemption may not be grouped together for members of a family.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Non-residents can import the following articles for personal use free of duty:
a. 100 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 4.4 lbs.(2 kg) of smoking tobacco (persons of 21 years or older), or combination thereof;
b. 1 US quart of alcoholic beverages (persons of 21 years or older); 
In addition, each non-resident (incl. minors) can import gifts of max. value of USD 100.- free of duty, once per 6 months, if their stay in the USA is not less than 72 hours.

State restrictions: Quantities in excess of one US quart of alcoholic beverages per person imported into certain states are subject to local state taxes. For more information, contact the Distilled Spirits Council of the USA.

Alcoholic beverages and cigarettes may not be included in the USD 100.- gift exemption. If not entitled for the USD 100.- gift exemption, articles not exceeding a value of USD 50.- may imported, including max. 100 cigars or 3 lbs. of tobacco. The USD 50.- exemption may not be grouped together for members of a family.

I guess this applies for people entering the US by plane, don't know if the rules are the same for someone crossing the border by land from Canada or Mexico, do you happen to know?

On 12/11/2018 at 1:38 PM, Hutch said:

Fairly shortsighted of them. I’m guessing they’d like the billions in  aid and welfare to continue. 

Yep.  I'd love to see Puerto Rico go.  They love all of the benefits yet whine 24/7.  They intentionally held supplies like a runway filled with water so they could complain that the US wasn't helping them enough.  Ridiculous.  

• Like 1