FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 - Official Thread!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been stopping by this thread now and again to see how you all have been moving along. I must say, the whole thing looks like it was put together by a military engineer... -LOL ( wait a second,

Alright gents, box has arrived safely in the USA. Was a hot day on arrival so i made sure to take it right out of the 90 degree heat and put directly in the freezer to cool it off ??? My put/takes

Well everyone, after 149 Days and over 20761 Miles travelled, the FOH CAN/US Box Pass 2017 has arrived back where it started, at Casa del Schmerr.  It's been a long road indeed! I'd like to thank

Box shot out yesterday to Boosted.  Everything was looking good. Zeedubya did an awesome job on re-packing. Everything was in good shape and all humidipaks were fresh.  Some of the sticks show slight travel wear, including some cracked feet. But, nothing to worry about as all will smoke well.  There are some incredible smokes in there. 

Huge thanks to ChanceSchmerr for putting this all together.  He's doing an amazing job.  Thank you for letting me be part of this. 

Also, muchos gracias to Tave1225 for throwing in the ERDM.  Much appreciated. 

Here's a shot of the put/takes.  Puts on top (left) and takes on bottom (right) [can't figure out how to rotate pic]: 

IMG_2676.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I got the package the other day, and I kept going back and forth on what I wanted to take. I finally made my decision.  

Here are my takes:

Diplomatico Presidencia 109

JL Distinguidos RE Germany 11

JL Seleccion #1 LOT MAR 11

RA Specially Selected ETP MAR 16 

RYJ Petit Corona OPG FEB 15

Here are my puts:

El Rey Del Mundo Tainos BM OSSC ( Briones Montoto 09/97)

RA Phoenicio RE Libano 30 TEB AGO 08

Trinidad Fundadores EL NNSU (El Laguito 11/98)

Monte Especiales OLUA (05/86)

Punch Royal Selection 12 FR OUSO (La Corona 08/90) 

As a side note, I want to thank Chris for putting this together. It's not easy and a ton of work, so thanks bro. 

I'd also like to thank @PigFish. Thank you Ray for putting in such a lovely cigars for us. I look forward to burning it.

Below is a photo showing my takes and puts. Takes are on the left and puts are on the right. Oh! I included a bonus cigar. It's a Partagas Perfectos from the late 60s to mid 70s. All 6 cigars I put in are vacuum sealed together and in the rare/htf container.20170930_154117.thumb.jpg.7f070f55cbd44e579a1629d641219116.jpg

One more side note. I put in gifts for @Lotusguy and @ChanceSchmerr . They are vacuum sealed and have their forum handles written on a piece of paper inside the vac sealed bag. I had to put them in the regular box pass containers so please keep an eye out for those and set those to the side for those guys.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeez... glad I was in the beginning of the pass. I could not make a fair trade with these HTF sticks. This pass is top notch. Nice additions Boosted!
Thanks again to Chris for the pass.

Chris smoked the 2011 upmann no2 last night! What a beauty, thanks again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Boosted said:

So I got the pacPresidencia the other day, and I kept  going back and forth on what I wanted to take. I finally made my decision.  

Here are my takes:

Diplomatico Presidencia 109

JL Distinguidos RE Germany 11

JL Seleccion #1 LOT MAR 11

RA Specially Selected ETP MAR 16 

RYJ Petit Corona OPG FEB 15

Here are my puts:

El Rey Del Mundo Tainos BM OSSC ( Briones Montoto 09/97)

RA Phoenicio RE Libano 30 TEB AGO 08

Trinidad Fundadores EL NNSU (El Laguito 11/98)

Monte Especiales OLUA (05/86)

Punch Royal Selection 12 FR OUSO (La Corona 08/90) 

As a side note, I want to thank Chris for putting this together. It's not easy and a ton of work, so thanks bro. 

I'd also like to thank @PigFish. Thank you Ray for putting in such a lovely cigars for us. I look forward to burning it.

Below is a photo showing my takes and puts. Takes are on the left and puts are on the right. Oh! I included a bonus cigar. It's a Partagas Perfectos from the late 60s to mid 70s. All 6 cigars I put in are vacuum sealed together and in the rare/htf container.20170930_154117.thumb.jpg.7f070f55cbd44e579a1629d641219116.jpg

One more side note. I put in gifts for @Lotusguy and @ChanceSchmerr . They are vacuum sealed and have their forum handles written on a piece of paper inside the vac sealed bag. I had to put them in the regular box pass containers so please keep an eye out for those and set those to the side for those guys.

 

Exceptionally done, @Boosted! You've made a hell of a good trade for the Presidencia and  I'm happy to see it go to a good and worthy home. TRADES APPROVED!

 

Your extra cigar and gifts are too kind  as well, thanks man - no one would ever doubt your generosity!!!

 

Now please make sure you give us all a review of the Presidencia when you smoke it! I'm sure we're all curious to hear how it was!

Big thanks again to @PigFish For his generosity as well - those were some special sticks you put in, Ray! They each found a good home and i'm grateful For What you Did for the pass, thank you mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

Jeez... glad I was in the beginning of the pass. I could not make a fair trade with these HTF sticks. This pass is top notch. Nice additions Boosted!
Thanks again to Chris for the pass.

Chris smoked the 2011 upmann no2 last night! What a beauty, thanks again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome man - those 11 Hup2s are awesome, aren't they? Glad you enjoyed it :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Exceptionally done, @Boosted! You've made a hell of a good trade for the Presidencia and  I'm happy to see it go to a good and worthy home. TRADES APPROVED!

 

Your extra cigar and gifts are too kind  as well, thanks man - no one would ever doubt your generosity!!!

 

Now please make sure you give us all a review of the Presidencia when you smoke it! I'm sure we're all curious to hear how it was!

Big thanks again to @PigFish For his generosity as well - those were some special sticks you put in, Ray! They each found a good home and i'm grateful For What you Did for the pass, thank you mate!

My pleasure amigo... I had a fun time watching them on their journey!

Cheers boys! -Ray

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The box arrived safe and sound this afternoon from@boosted. It was a cracker of a tape job!!!

6dd33c0fbadab5f5eacb6dd122730a53.heic

I’ve really enjoyed watching the pass evolve and it is a great thing to see the same journal from the pass back in 2013! It is great to even to see some of these fantastic cigars. Even though I wanted to go through and lick and fondle each and every one, I restrained myself.

Below is the list of puts/takes.

Puts:
Bolivar Corona Extra (dress box) - CSU-VC-3 (1998)
El Rey Del Mundo Grandes de España - RPO AUG02
El Rey Del Mundo Petit Corona - EUS JUL11
Cohiba Lancero - BTO MAY13
El Rey Del Mundo Lonsdale - (1998) I can read the box code any longer so if you can make it out, you have better eyes than I do.)

Takes:
El Rey Del Mundo Gran Corona - RPO ABR01
Sancho Panza Sanchos - HTM ABR04
Bolivar Regentes - OSU ABR01
H Upmann Sir Winston - ARG AUG14
Punch Super Selección No.1 - PUT FEB07

I threw a little something in for@chanceschmerr for all his hard work.

5de23a8750f8d0ee6b9ab53bef3a4fde.jpg

2296af80434948a73d5344e34a7c36f7.jpg

19b120f2f2d56538d0a7520d6db06900.jpg

5bf5fa0bdae67163fa23a25c8d719341.jpg

2aaf747574b1f9273dc7bedde4e0406d.jpg

13980a8ebfa5770e2880c2eab2e1a78a.jpg

Once approved, I’ll get these out in the mail. Will probably replace the outer box as it seems a little worn down from its travels across the country.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jacktarnold said:

The box arrived safe and sound this afternoon from@boosted. It was a cracker of a tape job!!!

6dd33c0fbadab5f5eacb6dd122730a53.heic

I’ve really enjoyed watching the pass evolve and it is a great thing to see the same journal from the pass back in 2013! It is great to even to see some of these fantastic cigars. Even though I wanted to go through and lick and fondle each and every one, I restrained myself.

Below is the list of puts/takes.

Puts:
Bolivar Corona Extra (dress box) - CSU-VC-3 (1998)
El Rey Del Mundo Grandes de España - RPO AUG02
El Rey Del Mundo Petit Corona - EUS JUL11
Cohiba Lancero - BTO MAY13
El Rey Del Mundo Lonsdale - (1998) I can read the box code any longer so if you can make it out, you have better eyes than I do.)

Takes:
El Rey Del Mundo Gran Corona - RPO ABR01
Sancho Panza Sanchos - HTM ABR04
Bolivar Regentes - OSU ABR01
H Upmann Sir Winston - ARG AUG14
Punch Super Selección No.1 - PUT FEB07

I threw a little something in for@chanceschmerr for all his hard work.

5de23a8750f8d0ee6b9ab53bef3a4fde.jpg

2296af80434948a73d5344e34a7c36f7.jpg

19b120f2f2d56538d0a7520d6db06900.jpg

5bf5fa0bdae67163fa23a25c8d719341.jpg

2aaf747574b1f9273dc7bedde4e0406d.jpg

13980a8ebfa5770e2880c2eab2e1a78a.jpg

Once approved, I’ll get these out in the mail. Will probably replace the outer box as it seems a little worn down from its travels across the country.

Those are some beauties you're putting in! Love to see some aged ERDM action!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jacktarnold said:

The box arrived safe and sound this afternoon from@boosted. It was a cracker of a tape job!!!


I’ve really enjoyed watching the pass evolve and it is a great thing to see the same journal from the pass back in 2013! It is great to even to see some of these fantastic cigars. Even though I wanted to go through and lick and fondle each and every one, I restrained myself.

Below is the list of puts/takes.

Puts:
Bolivar Corona Extra (dress box) - CSU-VC-3 (1998)
El Rey Del Mundo Grandes de España - RPO AUG02
El Rey Del Mundo Petit Corona - EUS JUL11
Cohiba Lancero - BTO MAY13
El Rey Del Mundo Lonsdale - (1998) I can read the box code any longer so if you can make it out, you have better eyes than I do.)

Takes:
El Rey Del Mundo Gran Corona - RPO ABR01
Sancho Panza Sanchos - HTM ABR04
Bolivar Regentes - OSU ABR01
H Upmann Sir Winston - ARG AUG14
Punch Super Selección No.1 - PUT FEB07

I threw a little something in for@chanceschmerr for all his hard work.



Once approved, I’ll get these out in the mail. Will probably replace the outer box as it seems a little worn down from its travels across the country.

@jacktarnold, I'll echo @Boosted, it's fantastic to see some discontinued love here on the pass, particularly with the ERDMs! Trades APPROVED

I also thank you for restraining from licking the cigars....although I agree there are a good number that look good enough to eat.  Thanks for the little something haha - much appreciated although not required!

Thanks too for replacing the outer box - It's starting to look like the kicked around delivery box from the opening of Ace Ventura.......so it's a good thing to maybe swap that out haha!

Unfortunately, @joshb has asked to step out for work reasons, so the next guy up is @Charley.  I'll see if josh can join us back in at the tail end of California in a few weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Thanks too for replacing the outer box - It's starting to look like the kicked around delivery box from the opening of Ace Ventura.......so it's a good thing to maybe swap that out haha!

I love that movie.....I can just imagine that scene in my head when you said it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jacktarnold said:

Package is dropped off and on it’s way to@Charley.



Thought I would get updated pictures out of all the cigars at this point. All of them are in great condition.


 

Thanks for the great pictures, @jacktarnold! I'm pleased to see what good condition the cigars are in at the point in the pass! awesome! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woke up this afternoon and found that the package had arrived! I didn't get a chance to check it out before leaving for work though. Here are my proposed puts and takes. I'll get some pictures up when I get home in the morning. If all is ok I might be able to get it shipped tomorrow,  if not it will go out first thing Monday morning.

 

Put: Cohiba Piramid Extra UPE FEB 13

Take: Cohiba Lancero 

 

Put: H. Upmann Sir Winston ARG OCT 14

Take: Bolivar Petit Corona

 

Put: Diplomatico #2 TOS JUN 16

Take:  Monte #2

 

Put: Monte Dantes EL SUM OCT 16

Take: Bolivar Libertadores 

 

Put: H.Upmann Mag 56 MEL DIC 15

Take: LGC #2

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Charley said:

Woke up this afternoon and found that the package had arrived! I didn't get a chance to check it out before leaving for work though. Here are my proposed puts and takes. I'll get some pictures up when I get home in the morning. If all is ok I might be able to get it shipped tomorrow,  if not it will go out first thing Monday morning.

 

Put: Cohiba Piramid Extra UPE FEB 13

Take: Cohiba Lancero 

 

Put: H. Upmann Sir Winston ARG OCT 14

Take: Bolivar Petit Corona

 

Put: Diplomatico #2 TOS JUN 16

Take:  Monte #2

 

Put: Monte Dantes EL SUM OCT 16

Take: Bolivar Libertadores 

 

Put: H.Upmann Mag 56 MEL DIC 15

Take: LGC #2

 

@Charley, these look great!  Your overpay with the Sir Winnie more than makes up for the legendary status of that BTO CoLa and the MUR LGC MdO#2.  Trades Approved!

Please Post up your pictures before sending on, mate!  Many thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

105 days on the road, for those not keeping score at home:looking:

Drinking and counting error combined math...BTW

It's true! Over a hundred days on the road. And two of the cigars in there have made the whole trip so far, the Sancho Panza Eslavo RE Serbia and the RA Club Allones LE have been there since the start!  I'm happy to get those back (particularly the Eslavo, probably the best SP RE they've ever done), but equally happy if they find a new home too.

And hey - next trip through USPS take the box over the ocean to Hawaii.  A new step for the FOH Box Pass, it's never had a long water transit before LOL!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's true! Over a hundred days on the road. And two of the cigars in there have made the whole trip so far, the Sancho Panza Eslavo RE Serbia and the RA Club Allones LE have been there since the start!  I'm happy to get those back (particularly the Eslavo, probably the best SP RE they've ever done), but equally happy if they find a new home too.

 

And hey - next trip through USPS take the box over the ocean to Hawaii.  A new step for the FOH Box Pass, it's never had a long water transit before LOL!

Getting closer to me - yeah!!

 

Surprised nobody traded for the Eslavos - what an outstanding cigar!! It's probably safe from me since I have an almost full cab at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Surprised nobody traded for the Eslavos - what an outstanding cigar!! It's probably safe from me since I have an almost full cab at home.

I took a run at the Eslavo, but didn't have a good match to trade. Oh well ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok,  went through the box and everything looks good. I was going to open up the Davidoff tubo just to look at it but I was afraid my face would melt off. Here are photos of my pits and takes.  This will ship out tomorrow to Mañana. Thanks for letting me join the party Chris!

Puts: 

20171008_214944.thumb.jpg.6eb6f387dcec0782ef981b93fd6a27f4.jpg

 

Takes:

20171008_214949.thumb.jpg.439c5008935ea5fd3a1ac9b5de17285a.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Charley said:

Ok,  went through the box and everything looks good. I was going to open up the Davidoff tubo just to look at it but I was afraid my face would melt off. Here are photos of my pits and takes.  This will ship out tomorrow to Mañana. Thanks for letting me join the party Chris!

Puts: 

 

 

Takes:

Looks good mate!  You're ready to go! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.