Bloody shiraz gin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to be available here in the UK. Very interested in this, I think I'm going to get it for the missus, then hide it once the brownie points have been gained. Cheers for bringing it to our attentio

dimmers, apols, i have been off air. my understanding was that the batch 1 members were those who helped crowd fund the kick off plus a few mates (i am in the latter category). i gather it was on

cracked one of mine, or more technically, one of a mate's that i arranged, last night. hard not to love!  

Gday guys my gin came in today what can i say I tried some already it is very tasty indeed and complex. Will go nicely with a cigar im sure. 59833aa233e4a2d9cd835f6c2f801219.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dicko said:

Gday guys my gin came in today what can i say I tried some already it is very tasty indeed and complex. Will go nicely with a cigar im sure. 59833aa233e4a2d9cd835f6c2f801219.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

cracked one of mine, or more technically, one of a mate's that i arranged, last night. hard not to love!

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, JC67 said:

Happy to hear other opinions but to my taste the 2017 is not at good as the 2016 which had a little more bite

5944786e58518_2017-06-1709_55_33.jpg.12b4e7c626429e09ae16f46dff7c4410.jpg

My delivery got left behind at a Sydney Postal Centre this week (I could track it not moving since it arrived Sunday from Melbourne), so I e-mailed Four Pillars on Thursday and they were great. They got in contact with Australia Post, the bottle was located and the delivery completed the next day! The Four Pillars team are just fantastic!

I aim to give one of these bottles to Fuzz this weekend and I hope to do a vertical tasting with the 2016 and 2017 batches too.

30 minutes ago, JohnS said:

5944786e58518_2017-06-1709_55_33.jpg.12b4e7c626429e09ae16f46dff7c4410.jpg

My delivery got left behind at a Sydney Postal Centre this week (I could track it not moving since it arrived Sunday from Melbourne), so I e-mailed Four Pillars on Thursday and they were great. They got in contact with Australia Post, the bottle was located and the delivery completed the next day! The Four Pillars team are just fantastic!

I aim to give one of these bottles to Fuzz this weekend and I hope to do a vertical tasting with the 2016 and 2017 batches too.

for the 2015 (i think they skipped 16, unless i got something different), much smaller run. not sure if that made a difference. i think the 15 has more vibrancy, more exuberance. the 16 more mellow, more complex. i probably like the pop and wow factor in the 15 but enjoy both.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Working really hard on getting some of this in Los Angeles.  Won't know until July if my persistence has paid off

Hurray!

Bloody Shiraz is officially available in the states. Sure does pair well with cigars, glad I listened to you guys. In this instance, Monte 3 BLP Feb 08

835932f2abdf8a3efb00d3cc85a1af48.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

So its been a whopping 6 months since you guys turned me onto this, and Ive gone through  full bottle already.....I don't drink much hard liquor, so thats like a 5 year supply for me. Ive also gone through a bottle of their rare dry gin (which is flippin phenomenal). Even my dad decided he'd drink Gin and Tonics if they all tasted like this stuff. So I raise my glass to you Aussies for the finest gin in the land! Dilly dilly!

the rare dry is the basic one so you should have no problem with that. bloody shiraz is more difficult but keep an eye out.

something new-ish is to be announced soon but i have been sworn to silence so can't say. but keep an eye out.

finally, i see this dilly silly on beer ads. what the hell does it mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

the rare dry is the basic one so you should have no problem with that. bloody shiraz is more difficult but keep an eye out.

something new-ish is to be announced soon but i have been sworn to silence so can't say. but keep an eye out.

finally, i see this dilly silly on beer ads. what the hell does it mean?

What does "dilly dilly" mean? According to the advertising agency, absolutely nothing and everything.

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

so it is a bureaucratic/government term used mostly by politicians?

Pretty much. Just a load of gibberish. Politicians wish they could get that many people talking about it, though.

Yes, 'bloody' good recommend by Ken.  We ended up finding it in Vietnam last August and now in the U.S.  It became such a favorite for one of our friends that I now must schlepp a bottle with me to Ecuador next month for her birthday! :party:

Odd note about the Bloody Shiraz gin (the Rare Dry is fantastic too) is that it has a relatively short shelf life for a gin.