The worst part of being sick......

On the 26th of Dec., got a bad cold. It has been very hard to shake, and has been hanging on ever since. The Doc has assured me its just a cold, and one that's going around that is persistent. But the worst part is, I've only had one cigar in a month!  It seems to be finally going away, so hopefully will be able to enjoy one this weekend......A month is way to long, esp. poking around in here seeing the daily smoke/just bought posts!

• Like 3

Since Sunday evening...curiously the day after I got back from Vegas for 7 days and many many many cigars I've had a sinus head, ear mess on my hands (head). Today I went to doc....shot of steroids in one cheek, shot of antibiotics in another, antibiotic and steroid prescription and some god awful nasal spray.

Haven't had a cigar since...Good news is I've aged every cigar almost a week without depleting anything!!!

Get well @BellevilleMXZ the 26th OF DECEMBER is way too long. Don't know how you are doing it!

Anyone feel that cigars (in excess maybe) can get you sick cause any particular crud in your experience? I've never been able to definitively correlate it but...? 

• Like 1

I came back from the CES show in Vegas with a cold. Was bad for a week but lingered for two. When your at a show like that, shaking so many hands and in high traffic area public places getting a cold is not that unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LLC said:

I came back from the CES show in Vegas with a cold. Was bad for a week but lingered for two. When your at a show like that, shaking so many hands and in high traffic area public places getting a cold is not that unusual.

I'd agree. I know I did a number on my immune system though too...LOL

• Like 2

Hope you get better soon, you've had a cold for too long.  That first stick after you get well is going to be awesome.  Almost like getting your virginity back. :lol:

Wednesday, i started feeling like crap.  To combat this crud, I've been loading up on Vitamin C, Zinc, colloidal silver, gargling with hydrogen peroxide, and gargling with warm salt water.  I really don't want to go on an antibiotic, unless I just can't shake it.

Good luck brother.  Being sick sucks.

• Like 1

Guys, please take some advice.  You may think it gimmicky, but I promise you will be amazed at the effectiveness of Cold Eze or Zycam.  The key is to get on it at the very first sign of a cold.  If you start on it at that first little feeling you get when you think you may be getting a cold but are still in denial, it will cut a cold recovery down to about 2-3 days. 

• Like 2

Sleep, avoiding smoking (which sucks), and plenty of fluids are the best way out. I've too noticed smoking sets me back quite a bit when I'm down and out and let's be honest you probably won't enjoy that stick much anyway. I've found that constantly drinking herbal tea and avoiding coffee/caffeine (also sucks) seems to help as well. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was like this in our last winter during August. The problem is that everything in your life is effected, your physical and mental strength, your relationships and your motivation/s. I think the key is patience, you can't fight time and your body works to regenerate/repair itself everyday anyway. Embrace this time, every day you are little better and when it passes your focus and strength is renewed and memories of this time in your life will pass.

• Like 1

Flying on airplanes will get you every time...circulating that contaminated air....ugggghhhh.....

Every time someone sneezes or coughs anywhere near my seat I cringe!

I hear ya on this one. I've spent 27 hours in the air this month. Good thing my immune system is normally pretty good.

• Like 1

I started with a dry cough last Saturday in Seattle and took the red eye home Sunday night and crashed for 25 hours with low fever, hacking cough, sore throat, runny nose, you name it. Three days off work, no smokes, booze (well a sip of medicinal whisky here and there) and I am on the mend but know I have to take it easy for a while. I do get a lot of sympathy at home...

IMG_7526.JPG

• Like 3