Lost my job today

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody PM me this man's address. Sounds like a man in need of a serious bombing.  The only way to stop me is to move...cause someone knows where you live...and they will spill the beans.  

I decided to tell them to get stuffed.  

You must maintain a positive attitude..You and only you.... A very long time ago I was out of work going on about 6 months and the wife says "how can you be so happy and positive all the time"...

Sorry to hear that man. Don't know your circumstances but it's never easy and it can be incredibly defeating at the time. Keep your head up though - there's a great community here to help with that. Good luck on the hunt and here's to an even better future! Smoke a good one today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My natural response is to say I am sorry to hear that you lost your job. Was it one you enjoyed or are you 'happy' to be moving on. I hate looking for work so I generally stay in a job until forces beyond my control take over. What is/was your line of work?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drguano said:

My natural response is to say I am sorry to hear that you lost your job. Was it one you enjoyed or are you 'happy' to be moving on. I hate looking for work so I generally stay in a job until forces beyond my control take over. What is/was your line of work?

Not my first rodeo.  I did enjoy it at one time.  Long story but thank you for your thoughts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv2fly said:

Lost my job today but I am hopeful about the future.  Smoke a good one folks!

I think what is upsetting when this happens is that it plays on your self-worth...as in, you may find you ask yourself, "aren't I valued in this corporation? etc"

I love your posts. I reckon take time to reflect on what you value in yourself and bring that to the table in your next job. Be assertive!

• Like 2

I've been RIFFED, downsized, reorged , whatever the buzzword is at the time, a couple of times in my working life.

It's never pleasant (though the last time it happened, I ended up spending most of the summer at the beach), but it works out.

Hang in there!

I'm sure you'll bounce back BOTL. I lost a job I really loved in 1992. It was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I've been self employed now for 25 years, and love it. Keep your chin up.

I lost a job nearly 10 years ago and it sucked for months until the next opportunity came up, and it set my life on a completely different path for the better. I took a few days off and then treated finding another job like a job, 6-10 hours a day.  I am confident things will work out.  

Likewise, someone PM me luv2fly's address so I can give him something to do during his relaxation time!