someone asked me if nick the tennis player is gay

He was weak last night....his post match comments that he was sore from playing basketball....embarrassing....at that level pain is your friend.....embrace it, push through it and come through the other side a winner...

He was booed of the court....such a tosser...

He's always full of excuses. I've given up. If he wins a slam at some point, good luck to him. I wont be overly excited.

Tomic is no better.

utter disgrace. arrogant imbecilic tosser of the worst kind. not since anthony mundine have i so wanted an australian to lose a sporting match as i did last night (the only time i'd like to see mundine win a fight would be if he was in a ring with this tosser). could not have been more delighted he got done (dallas lose their playoff game to a last second 50 metre field goal and this spoilt brat gets done in five after leading 2-0 and more, up - in the same week. whacko. but my birthday was last week).

the sooner we are rid of him the better. all this PR crap before the game about how he might divide people but he is good for tennis! what ill-conceived, stupid nonsense. hard to think of a game when he has not disgraced himself, his family, his sport and his country. his family should hang their heads in shame. apparently his mother was out there saying he was now in a better place and so on. if that is a better place, spare me.

that press conference where he kept saying 'ask johnny mac, he knows everything'. what an embarrassment. mind you, at least johnny mac knows how to win.

and to start making excuses - how banged up he was. he has just had an enforced holiday. sadly, nowhere near long enough. tennis admin is apparently actually corrupt as well as morally corrupt.

oh, i shouldn't have been playing basketball. who made you?

i'm the only player in the top 100 without a coach. well try and get one.

i should have done more work in the pre-season. yes, give up basketball if you are even half serious.

i gather he then pulled out of his doubles. his partner? 'he'll understand'. buggered if i would ever play with him again. in a grand slam and you have to forfeit because your partner is a completely self-obsessed moron? i'd be monumentally pissed.

sure he is young. but he is an aussie playing in the australian open. and he has had way too many opportunities. the sooner he is gone from tennis for good the better on every level.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

utter disgrace. arrogant imbecilic tosser of the worst kind. not since anthony mundine have i so wanted an australian to lose a sporting match as i did last night (the only time i'd like to see mundine win a fight would be if he was in a ring with this tosser). could not have been more delighted he got done (dallas lose their playoff game to a last second 50 metre field goal and this spoilt brat gets done in five after leading 2-0 and more, up - in the same week. whacko. but my birthday was last week).

the sooner we are rid of him the better. all this PR crap before the game about how he might divide people but he is good for tennis! what ill-conceived, stupid nonsense. hard to think of a game when he has not disgraced himself, his family, his sport and his country. his family should hang their heads in shame. apparently his mother was out there saying he was now in a better place and so on. if that is a better place, spare me.

that press conference where he kept saying 'ask johnny mac, he knows everything'. what an embarrassment. mind you, at least johnny mac knows how to win.

and to start making excuses - how banged up he was. he has just had an enforced holiday. sadly, nowhere near long enough. tennis admin is apparently actually corrupt as well as morally corrupt.

oh, i shouldn't have been playing basketball. who made you?

i'm the only player in the top 100 without a coach. well try and get one.

i should have done more work in the pre-season. yes, give up basketball if you are even half serious.

i gather he then pulled out of his doubles. his partner? 'he'll understand'. buggered if i would ever play with him again. in a grand slam and you have to forfeit because your partner is a completely self-obsessed moron? i'd be monumentally pissed.

sure he is young. but he is an aussie playing in the australian open. and he has had way too many opportunities. the sooner he is gone from tennis for good the better on every level.

Beautifully put Ken ...

The brat should remove the word "professional" from his job description. I can't see how any sponsor would think he is a good brand ambassador. They should be embarrassed that he even uses their products.

You start to wonder if some tennis players on the circuit are in 'cahoots' with bookmakers. It gets hard to justify such variations in performance.

Had the same thought myself. He simply stopped trying. Was the fix in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Williamos said:

Had the same thought myself. He simply stopped trying. Was the fix in?

would not put anything past this bloke but i think he is so mentally bankrupt that the sort of nonsense he pulled last night is part of the make up. also, if he was in for the fix, very dodgy to go match point up. that could have easily gone wrong.

more likely, if the fix was in, that it was for something more simple like that the match would go five sets.

Imagine if a team sport player be they AFL, NRL, EPL, NFL, NHL etc put up a show like that. Career over. Nat Fyfe played an AFL final with a broken leg, Dippa played a AFL Grand Final with a collapsed lung. To see him shuffling across the court like he'd been shot with an elephant gun was a sad sight indeed. I don't think the bloke is right in the head myself. Massive swings between highs and lows.

I think I've brought this up here before, but Agassi was a spoiled punk early in his career, and he figured it out.  He was known for his on-court tantrums, tanking, and poor sportsmanship.  Hell, he refused to play at Wimbledon because he didn't want to wear white clothing.  By the time he was 22 he had dropped out of the top 10, and many observers began to write him off as a wasted talent who couldn't be bothered to take tennis seriously.  He eventually won 8 slams (plus a gold medal) and ended up as one of the best players of his era.  Not betting on Kyrgios to follow that path, but at least there's precedent for a generational talent on the brink of throwing it all away, turning things around and learning to be a professional.  

I think I've brought this up here before, but Agassi was a spoiled punk early in his career, and he figured it out.  He was known for his on-court tantrums, tanking, and poor sportsmanship.  Hell, he refused to play at Wimbledon because he didn't want to wear white clothing.  By the time he was 22 he had dropped out of the top 10, and many observers began to write him off as a wasted talent who couldn't be bothered to take tennis seriously.  He eventually won 8 slams (plus a gold medal) and ended up as one of the best players of his era.  Not betting on Kyrgios to follow that path, but at least there's precedent for a generational talent on the brink of throwing it all away, turning things around and learning to be a professional.  

That's a good point. I have to say I do feel for very temperamental people prone to having meltdowns who perform in a public forum. Simply no place to hide. Watching him felt like I was rubbernecking passing a car crash. All that open road and he lines up a tree and puts his foot down.

There was an article about him showing the difference in his forehand when he tries compared to hitting it while not caring. It's amazing to see the difference. During one serve he will care for one second and smashes some great shot back, the next second, he couldn't care less and hits some lazy lob shot back or just watches the ball go by like it's no big deal.

I figured that with all the stupid crap he's put people through, the way he is protrayed in the sports media, and being an Aussie, he would want to perform in front of his fellow countryman/women this open and change that perception. Guess not. I hope grows up someday and stops wasting his talent.

8 hours ago, wabashcr said:

courier made the same point recently. but whether this idiot can make the same transformation remains to be seen. i don't believe he will. agassi might have carried on a bit - as did connors, mcenroe, cash, many of them, but those guys also had a burning desire to win in the end. not sure this bloke has it. in fact, i really think he would much prefer to be the human headline than a winner.

to play that in between the legs shot at that stage of the match. i cringed. he is a circus act and we all want him to fall off the tightrope for our entertainment and he can't help himself.

loved the description of him as 'as mentally weak as a scotch finger in a cup of tea'.

21 hours ago, westg said:

Beautifully put Ken ...

I couldn't agree more Westy! Well said Ken.

I enjoyed watching Thompson take a set of the next young Slam winner Thiem last night. The Austrian blew him out of the water in the first 2 sets, but did he quit? No. He came back and won the 3rd and pushed Thiem again in the 4th after a slow start. The kid has ticker. unlike kyrgios and Tomic.

And Ash Barty is going great in her comeback. She has guts. Unlike Kyrgios and Tomic. 

And the small blonde jumpy one now representing us. She puts up a fight whenever she plays.  Unlike the two idiots.

But I guess it's a sign of the times. If the ITF and Tennis Australia and the Slam events want this generation of Twitter/Snapchat/Instagram/Tinder using ingrates to follow tennis, then they'll want Kyrgios and Tomic around. Tanking or not. I guess it is what it is!

yes, evidence that there is no god because no divine entity would ever give the bloke that much talent and then take every bit of mental strength and competitive drive away. what a waste. we may not see anyone from australia with his talent in decades and he is throwing it away and proving to be a total tosser along the way. has made australian tennis a joke. and given more than tennis a black eye. people overseas who know little about us see this and think what a bunch of grubs we must be. and he gets fined $7k. a disgrace. made about $90k for losing, in that manner. and this is weeks after he returns from the last meaningless suspension he got. the spineless jellyfish that run tennis here do not realise that they would finally be seen to be vaguely competent, not completely morally bankrupt, if they banned him for a very long time.

agreed about the other players.

there was mention of AFL heroics. toss in someone like the great johnny sattler. 79 minutes of an NRL (or equivalent) grand final with a badly smashed jaw. as a front rower. you don't get tougher or give more commitment. dennis lillee - the way he fought threw such debilitating back injuries. never gave up. became an all time great. nick the dick? occasionally practices for 15 minutes according to the former coach.

I like hot-headed sportsmen, normally it shows a burning desire to win. McEnroe was a great example from tennis, he had a pretty bad attitude at times but it came from wanting to win. Kyrgios however is a clown. He throws games when they aren't going his way and doesn't care about the fines or bad publicity. Somehow he's still ranked as a top 20 player despite all of this.