Petit Coronas

I am and always been pc/minutos fan. The 4 regular production minutos are all great. BCJ, Shorts, Rascc, El Principe is my ranking but again they are all great and I smoked more Shorts than anything else. BPC, RyJ pc, Upmann pc, Monte4, Siglo II are all pack a punch. Great cigars one and all. 

They all represent the marqua very well. Not overly complex but the shows the marqua dna and main flavours. Many times I smoked 2 pcs instead of one big cigars. I do not like robustos as much mainly because of the rg. But funny enough in this month the best cigars so far were 2 robustos hahaha. JLS 2 and SLR Regio to name them...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PCs never leave me wanting in terms of flavor and richness when they're good. In fact, many--including myself--think that the most flavorful and richest CCs are generally found at 42RG and below. 

The Petit Coronas is almost the perfect cigar. I feel that spot is saved for the Coronas, of which there are few to be found. I enjoy most that I have yet favor more the many that are no longer m

I very much enjoy 50+ rg cigars.  I guess me and my small penis will go buy more Macanudos from Rob since I am just a Neanderthal with no taste buds and only smoke to be cool and have no interest in f

Guest Robusto 107
On 2016/11/18 at 9:28 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

PCs never leave me wanting in terms of flavor and richness when they're good. In fact, many--including myself--think that the most flavorful and richest CCs are generally found at 42RG and below. 

There really isn't a PC I'd stay away from--they all have their merits for the most part, although I'm partial to the HUPC, HdM DP and the Boli Tubos No. 2 at the moment. 

Also, if you can smoke a Mareva in 30 mins, you're a maniac! 45-60 mins is about typical for a Mareva.

I think Rob may have a PC sampler available. I highly recommend it if so. 

I never forget the Upmann half corona, small but much flavoursome And tasty.

I've said this 127 times--the more I smoke the more I think Petite Corona and Minutos are my favorite vitola.  There are just so many excellent consistent cigars in this range.  RASCC, Party Shorts, Siglo 2, El Principe, Monte 5, HUPC, BPC, BCJ, RYJ PC, PLPC, SP Non-Plus.  I would go so far as to say if I had to choose one vitola to smoke forever this would be the one.  4-5 years ago Robusto or Lonsdale would've been the top choices.  Maybe there's a joke here somewhere here about being married for 5 years now but smallclub might get mad at me.  ;)

• Like 3

Odd statement. Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken ?

Maybe a re-calibration in in order ;-)

FYI... more than 75% of what I own and smoke falls under 46rg. Unfortunately, the options are pretty much non-existent in comparison to 15 years ago...
  • Like 3

Going to order the PC Sampler today, I think that's a good place to start. With a 2 year old and a 1 month old my wife is on me about sitting on the deck with a cigar. Lately it has been 10:30 at night when I go out to smoke when everyone is asleep and North Jersey weather is starting to turn so that won't be a great option anymore with a 1:30 smoke. Thanks guys.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

PCs have no flavor or complexity. A 50rg is required to produce any decent flavors emoji41.png;)

I would suggest that you try an aged Upmann 46, a Connie 1 or the Siglo IV IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Great addition to the discussion – probably the most worn stupid cliché about cigars…

I guess then you must smoke large cigars - sorry if I offended you....

2 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

I've said this 127 times--the more I smoke the more I think Petite Corona and Minutos are my favorite vitola.  There are just so many excellent consistent cigars in this range.  RASCC, Party Shorts, Siglo 2, El Principe, Monte 5, HUPC, BPC, BCJ, RYJ PC, PLPC, SP Non-Plus.  I would go so far as to say if I had to choose one vitola to smoke forever this would be the one.  4-5 years ago Robusto or Lonsdale would've been the top choices.  Maybe there's a joke here somewhere here about being married for 5 years now but smallclub might get mad at me.  ;)

... this means you mentioned it in one in 5 posts.

After a quick survey I have determined that you are exaggerating, more than slightly.

Now if you added it to your sigtag, you would immediately redeem yourself! Otherwise go sit in the corner with @Brandon.

-Piggy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PigFish said:

... this means you mentioned it in one in 5 posts.

After a quick survey I have determined that you are exaggerating, more than slightly.

Now if you added it to your sigtag, you would immediately redeem yourself! Otherwise go sit in the corner with @Brandon.

-Piggy

Ahhhhhh....sweet redemption. :P

5 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

Going to order the PC Sampler today, I think that's a good place to start. With a 2 year old and a 1 month old my wife is on me about sitting on the deck with a cigar. Lately it has been 10:30 at night when I go out to smoke when everyone is asleep and North Jersey weather is starting to turn so that won't be a great option anymore with a 1:30 smoke. Thanks guys.

Great choice. One other benefit in your situation is that while the PC can be an hour long smoke, it's also a bit more affordable, so that if you need to put one down early, it won't hurt as much. Congratulations on the baby, and I'd love to hear your feedback on the PCs as you try them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, zeedubbya said:

Agree with most of this for sure. I have great respect for most of the Minutos and Perlas with my main complaint being they're not nearly long enough! I would kill for a Minuto or Corona with the El Principe blend. Same for the Shorts or BCJ which I really believe is slightly different than the BPC. I find the BCJ has a bit more of the dried fruit/raisin quality that used to be so prevalent in the old Bolivars.

If I was relegated to one vitola, I'd probably concur that Mareva or close to it would be my choice. The variety and quality is probably the best combination of all Cuban vitolas. 

• Like 2

While I've tried and enjoyed several of the Coronas and PCs listed here, and I do like the thinner cigars, I too have a bit of a negative issue when it comes to buying CC PCs.

Being blunt, these aren't legal to buy where I live, so we assume some risk in placing the order on the 24:24 or other site.  With that said, if I'm going to assume some risk, I want to increase the "reward" of ordering a larger format cigar rather than a box of quick 40 minute smokes.  I have bought a box of Monte #4s from this site, but haven't bought anything smaller for the above reason.  

I'm I'm sure there are great smokes I'm missing out on, but for now, I think I'll stick to CGs and similar for CCs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BarryNY said:

A very sexy woman once told me "Only men with small penises smoke big cigars"....take it for what it's worth.

"It's not the meat, it's the motion."  Famous quote from a very sexy woman.

17 hours ago, BarryNY said:

A very sexy woman once told me "Only men with small penises smoke big cigars"....take it for what it's worth.

& expensive fast cars...

A woman that doesn't understand men, cigars or cars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RWhiz said:

While I've tried and enjoyed several of the Coronas and PCs listed here, and I do like the thinner cigars, I too have a bit of a negative issue when it comes to buying CC PCs.

Being blunt, these aren't legal to buy where I live, so we assume some risk in placing the order on the 24:24 or other site.  With that said, if I'm going to assume some risk, I want to increase the "reward" of ordering a larger format cigar rather than a box of quick 40 minute smokes.  I have bought a box of Monte #4s from this site, but haven't bought anything smaller for the above reason.  

I'm I'm sure there are great smokes I'm missing out on, but for now, I think I'll stick to CGs and similar for CCs.

There's always Laguito No. 1/Especials and Lonsdales for a 90 min+ <42 RG smoke. 

As for me, I'd rather have a Mareva with some seco and ligero than a Sublimes full of volado. I can only keep puffing on what is essentially a Macanudo for so long.

• Like 2

There's always Laguito No. 1/Especials and Lonsdales for a 90 min+
As for me, I'd rather have a Mareva with some seco and ligero than a Sublimes full of volado. I can only keep puffing on what is essentially a Macanudo for so long.

A lot of folks are not smoking for the flavor, but for the ritual.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Agree with most of this for sure. I have great respect for most of the Minutos and Perlas with my main complaint being they're not nearly long enough! I would kill for a Minuto or Corona with the El Principe blend. Same for the Shorts or BCJ which I really believe is slightly different than the BPC. I find the BCJ has a bit more of the dried fruit/raisin quality that used to be so prevalent in the old Bolivars.

If I was relegated to one vitola, I'd probably concur that Mareva or close to it would be my choice. The variety and quality is probably the best combination of all Cuban vitolas. 

I wish the El Principe was made in the Mareva size. Truly a delicious blend, need a bit more smoking time.

7 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

There's always Laguito No. 1/Especials and Lonsdales for a 90 min+ <42 RG smoke. 

I do have a couple boxes of Partagas 898s and a decent selection of CC corona gordas which keep my puffing happy!  So far, I've just stayed away from the really small format cigars due to the above stated reason.

3 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I very much enjoy 50+ rg cigars.  I guess me and my small penis will go buy more Macanudos from Rob since I am just a Neanderthal with no taste buds and only smoke to be cool and have no interest in flavor...

(and yes, I am having a little fun with you guys.  I couldn't (or could?) care less what your tastes are compared to mine.  Smoke what you like.  Just maybe don't be so condescending to those who may have a different palate and preference than your own.)

Despite the aforementioned...I don't dislike the size, but I do prefer the Lonsdale to the Petite Corona.

20161120_112619.jpg