Petit Coronas

I am currently enjoying the petite Corona format and have been going through them in the last several months.    As far as my smoking experience over the last four years I have had a couple bolivar tubos #2 that of been hands-down want to talk three cigars I've ever had.   So far the Montecristo's number four and the Partegus shorts have been fantastic. I just jumped in with the el princepi's.  Looking to score some PLPC soon.  I've heard more positive stuff on this thread about the HUPC than ever before; it shall be added to my list.  I had a Connie #1 the other day that was by far the best smoke I've had in November.   It may just be that I'm not able to get the best quality cigars but it seems that every now and then I get a diamond and they range in size and brand.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PCs never leave me wanting in terms of flavor and richness when they're good. In fact, many--including myself--think that the most flavorful and richest CCs are generally found at 42RG and below. 

The Petit Coronas is almost the perfect cigar. I feel that spot is saved for the Coronas, of which there are few to be found. I enjoy most that I have yet favor more the many that are no longer m

I very much enjoy 50+ rg cigars.  I guess me and my small penis will go buy more Macanudos from Rob since I am just a Neanderthal with no taste buds and only smoke to be cool and have no interest in f

Then why buy CCs? Surely there are cheaper, bigger and less flavorful NC options.  :confused:

It's all personal preference...

Some like more prominent flavors... some don't.

Some prefer subtle flavor profiles... some don't.

Some look to certain brands as a guarantee of certain, specific flavors... some don't.

Some like to smoke for hours... some don't.

Some are satisfied with a Cuban profile that is only pleasing... some aren't.

Some expect a long finish out of a good cigar... some don't.

Some only flock to more expensive labels as an indication of quality... some don't.

Some think more tobacco means more flavors and complexity... some don't.

I'm not going into personal reasons for smoking only Cubans. It's no different than preferences in wine, coffee, etc.
  • Like 1

Juan Lopez PC hands down my Favorite 

Good to know! I have a box on the way. Love that citrus/coffee flavor profile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Adding absolutely nothing to the discussion other than to say, I'm firmly in the Double Corona and down crowd!

I'll reach for a Perla/Minuto/Petit Corona the fastest. Love that vitola..

...followed by a Corona/Mareva and mix a Dalia/Delicios and I'm good to go.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2016 at 3:13 PM, NYgarman said:

I wish the El Principe was made in the Mareva size. Truly a delicious blend, need a bit more smoking time.

Seriously? That 19mm difference would give you enough of "more smoking time"? 

Maybe a lonsdale size would...

On 11/17/2016 at 8:25 PM, Hurltim said:

I have been buying up PC's like they are going out of style lately. I love a PC with my morning coffee on the weekends.
The Intensity is there just not as complex IMO. A Bolivar PC will kick you in the beanbag and won't even kiss you on the neck afterwards.

Couldn't have said it better Hurltim, them little buggers are powerhouses...and tasty too!

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to try the small formats.  I was fortunate enough to have been gifted a couple different PC's, and they were fantastic!  Prior to those, I hadn't even considered smoking the small format stuff.  And Hurltim is right about the Bolivars, they pack a wallop!

My humidor is stacked with 90% smaller format cigars. To me, that's the perfect size. My favorites are BPC and Monte 4. I'm very confident in them and they are pretty straight forward. The El Principe is slowly inching towards that realm too. I think the sampler will be the best bet for you. 

Please post back and let us know what you think of your sticks. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Quai D'orsay Coronas It's great and unique taste profile.

I have a rotation of Petite Coronas Corona Especials Longsdales and there's so many brilliant cigars in this profile

Love the Quai Dorsay in the morning mmmm good also sometime HUPC in morning or at other times that's not exclusively a morning smoke

Montecristo Especial These are just Fabulous

Cohiba Lanceros We're getting into OMG Nirvana

Trinidad Fundadores not in my rotation at this time even though I love this cigar. Lately its been difficult to obtain the true special Fundadores quality so I haven't purchased 

Also I am trying for the first time 

R y J Cedros De Luxe No 1 (42 gauge X 6.5in) from 2012 (i heard these cigars are gems when they're aged I hope 4 years is enough aging)

The H Upmann Noella Jars Also trying these for the 1st time Heard they're really good and was able to pick up a jar at reasonable price from LCDH 

That's my corona -Lonsdale Rotation

On 11/21/2016 at 0:35 AM, Ralphanator said:

Juan Lopez PC hands down my Favorite 

Ralphanator Thank you for informing there's a JL Petite Corona Wow I love Juan Lopez and I never knew they made a petite corona I'm buying a box right away

BAC do you know which box codes are running good from JLPC? Or anyone with recommendation 

The other great thing about PC's is you can go deep and go aged. Love em? Pick up two boxes. 1 or 2 year old boxes are fairly easy to come by so you run your own aged experiments without breaking the bank.
Compare that to 3 years of Coro's at 400 a box before they hit their stride.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hurltim said:

The other great thing about PC's is you can go deep and go aged. Love em? Pick up two boxes. 1 or 2 year old boxes are fairly easy to come by so you run your own aged experiments without breaking the bank.
Compare that to 3 years of Coro's at 400 a box before they hit their stride.

Yeah, uh, so, my PC boxes don't tend to last that long.. Boli PC's go even faster.. :blink::ph34r:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Morgan said:

Ralphanator Thank you for informing there's a JL Petite Corona Wow I love Juan Lopez and I never knew they made a petite corona I'm buying a box right away

BAC do you know which box codes are running good from JLPC? Or anyone with recommendation 

I don't know if they have been discontinued but they are Very Hard to find so maybe they are! I really don't follow box codes and the box I'm smoking now is 05/02..TDV..

I was able to pick up a few boxes in June 05/14..OME but I haven't tried one yet! the TDV 02 are Outstanding!!

I went threw about 5 boxes in the past SML 10/06 also Outstanding! 

• 3 weeks later...

2 young kids and an attention span that lasts roughly an hour (I usually smoke alone), the PC is the perfect vitola for me.   Over 75% of my collection is either a PC or smaller.  

• Like 2

On 11/23/2016 at 4:17 PM, Ralphanator said:

I don't know if they have been discontinued but they are Very Hard to find so maybe they are! I really don't follow box codes and the box I'm smoking now is 05/02..TDV..

I was able to pick up a few boxes in June 05/14..OME but I haven't tried one yet! the TDV 02 are Outstanding!!

I went threw about 5 boxes in the past SML 10/06 also Outstanding! 

OME 14 codes are still available at several trusted vendors. Doesn't look like there's much if any 15 or 16 production out there.

Rob and Ken did a video review of the JLPC UME 14 and it was less than stellar. Last box I had was from 12 and was also not impressive. Hopefully the next wave will be better whenever they appear. JLS1 and S2 have been excellent the last few years. Hopefully the PC gets some attention as well.

My two cents worth. I never limit myself to just one method or one way.  There are so many marcas I have not tried

yet above the petit corona or corona level.  My tastes vary depending on mood,  time of season, venue (inside / outside) bldg,

bar, driving auto and time of day just to mention a few reasons.  Each and every cigar has it's own merits.  There is one constant,

Rob's product is far and away the best quality I've ever incountered in my short cigar life.  Not a Rob homer just stating what

has worked for me since 2010 - 2011........Cao

• Like 1