US political threads

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There have been many a political junkie on this forum... As a prolific writer and a highly biased one, most of you likely know where I stand on many issues. After years of concealing it, a few years a

Great modding Ken  Years...and years...of experience has led to this unfortunate rule.  May of us love political debate. Unfortunately many cannot play the ball and not the man. In the end we

Enough said time to lock the thread.....I have made the decision given that Rob is rotten drunk with Hamlet (just had a phone call from both of them )  so everyone have a cigar and a drink and ta

1 minute ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Well personally I think "When things                               

to be sure." 

Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

What?

Ken? 

How can you edit my post so quickly. It wasn't even up for a minute!!!!

It wasn't even that bad!

Honestly. Why?!?!?! :wacko:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LordAnubis said:

Apologies, iyou did hide. I made preconceptions about your levels of computer literacy. Will not happen again. :D

whoops, just deleted oliver. all too hard and the computer lit died on me.

now, oliver, you know better.

i have a lot better things to do than moderate all posts because people want to post either way about this.

next one will simply be deleted with a recommendation to rob to ban them for at least 6 months.

you want to comment, i'm sure the post or times or backside bugle has a comments section.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

What?

Ken? 

It wasn't even that bad!

jeremy, i would never touch you in any way. nice try, though.

trust me, poke the bear at your own risk!

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

What?

Ken? 

It wasn't even that bad!

Don't worry, it's not personal. I'm sure Ken is still willing to drink some Four Pillars Gin with you!

Now, if you don't mind, I need to get back to Whatsapp to talk to some FoH brethren about 'something'! :huh:

4 minutes ago, oliverdst said:

I understood that we shouldnt talk too serious about elections. I re-read your inicial post and again I understand like that. My bad English.

PS: so this thread is to talk about Trump and the implications of his, at the moment, likely election?

NO!

this thread, all threads, this entire forum, is to completely avoid any mention of either candidate, the election, the future under either candidate. any mention of US politics at all.

i wish it was not so, i wish we could have a chat. it should be fascinating. but history shows that we cannot. it always ends in tears.

so you conned a bloke from west africa. nice turnaround. did he send you bank details?

What !? I don't want Jeremy's bank details. Want pics of the 'stache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

PS: so this thread is to talk about Trump and the implications of his, at the moment, likely election?

No mate. Never ever talk about us politics on here. Never ends well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cigcars said:

to cigcars, seriously? what the hell is difficult about don't post about the election?

any other moron wants to post anything about it and i will push rob as hard as i can to have them banned for at least a year. better yet, till after the next election.

it is not hard. DO NOT POST ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT US POLITICS.

6 minutes ago, jackattack said:

Wow!  A ban for a year??? Are we not all adults here?? Wow!

sadly not. years of experience have proved it is impossible to discuss it in a civil manner. so people get banned.

it is not hard. just go elsewhere if you want to discuss it.

• Like 1

Sadly indeed.....its the same over here. Robust debate used to solve some of these differences. Not any more...to all our chagrin. Oh well...

sadly not. years of experience have proved it is impossible to discuss it in a civil manner. so people get banned.

it is not hard. just go elsewhere if you want to discuss it.

Thank you, Ken. This place is the one corner where we are not constantly bombarded by the vitriol that has become the standard of any political statement in US and I am glad that we are keeping it that way. If that means some people will get hit by the ban hammer, so be it.
  • Like 4