Full list of available Havanas (New Link added)

I've recently started to smoke cigars more regularly, and I'm building up my collection. These days, information is nicely available at one's fingertips, and I have been all over the web looking to see what's available. The most appropriate starting point, I thought, would be the Habanos S A website, after all they are the official licensers of distrbutors of Cuban cigars. Wrong!

The site has many discontinued cigars still listed, and pretty much anything that has been released in the past 2 years is absent from their lines. I'm not sure what's worse...advertising a product that you no longer produce, or failing to advertise a new product that you are trying to sell!!

Anyway, I have used various sources to build up a complete list of available Cuban cigars. I have not included limited editions, just the cigars that are in regular production (no machine-mades either).

Here is the link: http://www.filedropper.com/2016-fullcigarlist_1 Just click on 'Download This File'.

The format of the spreadsheet is one page for each brand, arranged from left to right in order of flavour strength (F=Full, MF=Medium to full etc) you can view each page by clicking the tabs along the bottom. The flavour designations are from the Habanos website, and I notice they seemed to have changed from many years ago when I was introduced to cigars. I think I'll have to start another thread on that matter. Regarding the photos, they should be scaled accurately within a brand, but sometimes not if you compare one brand with another - sorry about that.

Anyway, I've been working on this sheet for a while, and thought it may be of use to others. There is also space to make notes on each cigar, give it a rating, or record stock levels of your humidor. Please let me know If you have any issues downloading the spreadsheet, or getting it to work - or if you find any errors/omissions.

Martin

PS I arranged the measurements in the order that I like to see them (ring gauge in 64ths and then length in mm, you can always swap these columns around if you prefer seeing length in inches. On the other hand, if you don't like it, you can always ask for your money back tongue.png

EDIT - New link posted. I have also added 2 pages to the spreadsheet. One has all vitolas on the same page, the other is a list of all vitolas that is sortable (with no pics).

Edited by Smoker
Link removed.
  • Like 1

That's a great site. In fact it was the owner of that site who introduced me to FOH. It's an invaluable resource, and I did use it for some of the sizes etc. But I wanted a spreadsheet where I could see everything in one place, and also enter my own comments. The masterplan is to order up singles from all the vitolas that interest me - then start on hoarding boxes. :)

That's a great site. In fact it was the owner of that site who introduced me to FOH. It's an invaluable resource, and I did use it for some of the sizes etc. But I wanted a spreadsheet where I could see everything in one place, and also enter my own comments. The masterplan is to order up singles from all the vitolas that interest me - then start on hoarding boxes. smile.png

Very cool. I love spreadsheets and the such. I have a few myself but not quite as extensive.

Good stuff.

Hit the link and good news! I'm apparently a lotto winner and didn't know it - only $3,500 but if I follow the links provided by the site that might increase, plus I'm promised a smart TV, laptop and iPad just for looking. Must be true as it took me a few attempts to close the window. Careful folks.

• Like 1

But I wanted a spreadsheet where I could see everything in one place, and also enter my own comments. smile.png

Do a search for current cigars, copy and paste into Excel.........simple, and can include images. It's then yours to manipulate.

Nice sheet. I track my current stock with a very similar spreadsheet. Each box or single gets its row, I fill in information such as size, box code, serial number, how many I have, and of course tasting notes at the end. Its good to see others doing similar things.

I agree with you completely regarding the Marketing "efforts" undertaken by HSA. It seems to me more of a lack of control within the organizational structure of HSA, from top to bottom. We are all aware of the wildly varying quality of cigars exiting the island. Two cigars in the same box can range from perfect to unsmokable for a number of reasons. I see improperly banded or packaged boxes, detritus from the rolling floor included in sticks, LE and RE cigars that don't come out till a year after they've been announced (Monte 80th), Post announcement dimensions changing for Anejado smokes that have supposedly already been aging for 5 years(some magic if you ask me), almost complete removal of long/thin cigars to follow the trend of larger ring cigars, and now no wrapper for Cohibas??? What!?!?!? You can't grow, cure and store enough wrapper leaf to keep a steady supply rolling of your most Iconic brand?

HSA's left hand doesn't even seem to be aware that the right hand exists a lot of the time. You would think that the Cuban government would have a bit more pride in their only valuable export and source of foreign currency. Having said all that I am buying up cigars now as fast as I can in anticipation of the changes that will certainly happen once the embargo is lifted. I cant wait for the first USA RE probably a 60 or 65 RG, maybe 7 or 8 inches long. Packed with all the "extra special" tobacco they've been harvesting the last few years. no.gif

• Like 1

Hit the link and good news! I'm apparently a lotto winner and didn't know it - only $3,500 but if I follow the links provided by the site that might increase, plus I'm promised a smart TV, laptop and iPad just for looking. Must be true as it took me a few attempts to close the window. Careful folks.

Where did you click Akela? If you clicked on 'Scan my computer', then I think that is some kind of trash advertising. I uploaded and downloaded the file myself to make sure it was ok. The site is definitely not unsafe, although if you click on the advertising links, then you might have an issue.

Note to Trevor - Is there a way of uploading an Excel file to the forum? Or is there a file-uploading site that you recommend for the forum?

Yeah, I'm in a hotel with open Wi-Fi so it's nothing of consequence. I'll have a proper look when I get home at the weekend. Sounds interesting, especially if I get the 3.5k too!

Yeah, I'm in a hotel with open Wi-Fi so it's nothing of consequence. I'll have a proper look when I get home at the weekend. Sounds interesting, especially if I get the 3.5k too!

If you get the $3500 I expect a share. :)

The website is perfectly legitimate though - seems like a false positive from those fools at Norton. In fact, if one installs Norton software on their computer, the consequences are much worse than clicking a dodgy link by accident.

Note to Trevor - Is there a way of uploading an Excel file to the forum? Or is there a file-uploading site that you recommend for the forum?

Suggest you consider online spreadsheets. Attachments are so very 20th century, and rapidly get out of date, at the rate cigars come into and go out of production.

...And if avoiding stale data is a goal, I suggest we forgo the spreadsheet entirely and simply refer to the contents of Trevor's wonderful database. It is easy enough to import any query result you like into a Google Sheet or even Excel, when a specific need arises.

Nice sheet. I track my current stock with a very similar spreadsheet. Each box or single gets its row, I fill in information such as size, box code, serial number, how many I have, and of course tasting notes at the end. Its good to see others doing similar things.

I agree with you completely regarding the Marketing "efforts" undertaken by HSA. It seems to me more of a lack of control within the organizational structure of HSA, from top to bottom. We are all aware of the wildly varying quality of cigars exiting the island. Two cigars in the same box can range from perfect to unsmokable for a number of reasons. I see improperly banded or packaged boxes, detritus from the rolling floor included in sticks, LE and RE cigars that don't come out till a year after they've been announced (Monte 80th), Post announcement dimensions changing for Anejado smokes that have supposedly already been aging for 5 years(some magic if ask me), almost complete removal of long/thin cigars to follow the trend of larger ring cigars, and now no wrapper for Cohibas??? What!?!?!? You can't grow, cure and store enough wrapper leaf to keep a steady supply rolling of your most Iconic brand?

HSA's left hand doesn't even seem to be aware that the right hand exists a lot of the time. You would think that the Cuban government would have a bit more pride in their only valuable export and source of foreign currency. Having said all that I am buying up cigars now as fast as I can in anticipation of the changes that will certainly happen once the embargo is lifted. I cant wait for the first USA RE probaboy a 60 or 65 RG, maybe 7 or 8 inches long. Packed with all the "extra special" tobacco they've been harvesting the last few years. no.gif

Bit of an off-topic discussion but,

I believe nearly all of the marketing and special release endeavors have been initiated by Altadis/Imperial and have actually been highly effective from a sales standpoint. However, there are several fundamental problems with the Cuban cigar industry and I think it's the aggressive marketing that exposes those problems. The most important of these problems is the fact that all tobacco farms and cigar factories are state-owned.

This leads to a whole other host of problems. Who is it exactly that is able to take any pride in the quality of this national product? I'm sure Hirochi Robaina takes pride in his crop, but after the leaves leave his farm, they're out of his control. The final products his tobacco produces have little to do with him. Cubatabaco is just a big bureaucracy. All they really know are sales numbers, and they've discovered that varying quality and tons of special releases that come a year late sell just fine and the money keeps rolling in. Long skinnies don't sell--cut 'em. Crap cigars sitting on a shelf for years--stick an Anejado band on 'em and blow them out at double the price.

Cuba was just not prepared to deal with 21st century-level demand--online retailers, North American markets emerging. The only way to even begin to shore up quality is to either raise prices or cut supply. I actually have no problem with the Cohiba shortage as that indicates to me they're not just rolling up donkey poop and calling it Cohiba. They still have some standards. I was hoping the great vitola purge that occurred from 2002-2010 would increase consistency and quality but it hasn't been as effective as I had hoped. Punch cut 3 of their 4 gran coronas and the remaining one was crap for over a decade.

That being said, quality is as high in general now as it has been since 1998. I hope that trend continues, But until the day that the tobacco farmers have complete control over their blending, rolling and marketing and are able to reap the fruits of their own labor I think we'll never see a major sea change.

I guess you could link to a Google Doc?

I haven't tried that. Is it an alternative spreadsheet software to Excel?

But until the day that the tobacco farmers have complete control over their blending, rolling and marketing and are able to reap the fruits of their own labor I think we'll never see a major sea change.

Tobacco farmers don't care about blending, rolling or marketing. Growing the best leaves as possible every year (from seeds that are imposed on them) is a 24/24, 7/7 task.

• Like 2

I haven't tried that. Is it an alternative spreadsheet software to Excel?

Yes however, it's not software.

It's web based so you can also share or invite people to update data if you want to.

In this instance you could create a spreadsheet and send or post the URL link to it. People can then export it and store it locally if they like.

You can create other documents with it like webforms, drawings etc..

• Like 2

Tobacco farmers don't care about blending, rolling or marketing. Growing the best leaves as possible every year (from seeds that are imposed on them) is a 24/24, 7/7 task.

That's true, but I meant in terms of being able to choose who they sell the tobacco to. Competition between the purchasers of the tobacco, and the factories. The farmers could choose to sell to the factories producing the best cigars.

I've put a new link up from another upload site. It's another trusted and legitimate website, and I have tested the download myself.

Another good one that I've used exclusively for the last two years just got inventory purposes is Cigar Geeks. It syncs on all your iDevices and every pretty much every cigar made. It's free also

That's true, but I meant in terms of being able to choose who they sell the tobacco to. Competition between the purchasers of the tobacco, and the factories. The farmers could choose to sell to the factories producing the best cigars.

They're in it for the weight.

Peso es peso

Just checked with Alex from CCW about getting a query result that one could trivially copy and paste into a spreadsheet (Google Doc to be accessed anywhere, or Excel if you like to lug your files around with you, offline). This query, which contains some optional and otherwise hidden query strings, should get you a list of all the current production cigars, as defined by that database:

http://cubancigarwebsite.com/list.aspx?current=true&showstatusdetails=false&groupbrands=false&includeimages=false

You can simply copy/paste the table into the spreadsheet of your choice. A trivial bit post-processing will allow one to parse out the ring gauge from the length, as well, if that's desired.

Thanks to Alex for the tips. :)