Gold Glitter on wrapper

It's the gold rubbing off the bands, see it on Upmanns alot . I even noticed it on one of the blind cigars this year and said to myself, must be a Connie 1...then went and guessed Regios....It was a Connie 1

Just throwing another theory into the mix: It could be due to mineral content in the leaves themselves.

That's the explanation given by a manufacturer for the same effect when seen in a non-Cuban cigar called the TAA 2012 by Tatuaje*. Granted, we're talking about two different countries with two completely different soil types, but it looks like the same sort of thing.

* http://halfwheel.com/review-tatuaje-taa-2012/31277 (see "Final Notes")

Just throwing another theory into the mix: It could be due to mineral content in the leaves themselves.

Makes no sense, since it's a common occurence on boxes of Por Larranaga (golden bands) when (to my knowledge) it never happens on boxes of Sancho Panza, Montecristo, older Upmanns with the brown band, etc. which bands have no gold.

Yes it's the ink gold inks are a metallic bases hence the rub off and also s bit of copper in there as well which accounts for the green rust oxidation you get sometimes

Cheers

Whatever the reason keep sharing guys. Getting me some great ideas for the next time I come home from the strip club covered in stripper glitter I have to explain to the Mrs.

Whatever the reason keep sharing guys. Getting me some great ideas for the next time I come home from the strip club covered in stripper glitter I have to explain to the Mrs.

A good friend had to explain the chunk taken from his forehead.... "It's like this, hon, the stripper was doing a spin with stiletto heels, and I was leaning in close, when...." Almost ended their marriage, due to her laughing herself to death. Her closing comment on the whole thing: "Dumbass..." :)

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. She spun around with some chunky gold heels on & knocked him out his chair at the stage. It was a guys weekend & he had a mouse on his temple for 48 hrs. The gold glitter washed off...

• 3 weeks later...

So I just opened of a fresh box of Fonseca #1s and slipped one out of its tissue. Gold glitter all over a nice dark wrapper. I've seen glitter on some mag 48s, and some Tatuaje TAA 2012s, and I figured it was from all the gold on those bands but now I'm not so sure. How the heck did these get glitter on them through the tissue paper?