Gold Glitter on wrapper

I am under the pump in the warehouse today (hit and run trip) so you may be able to help.

A new member (good bloke), raised the following:

The HUP MAG 50 seem to have a gold glitter like substance on the whole cigar wrapper

He was not complaining and in fact loved the quality. I have asked for a photo but let me know if you have an inkling as to what he is referring to. if you have a similar box, post a photo or two.

Cheers ok.gif

I along with a friend of mine recently received the 10 count MAG 50's. Both boxes had gold glitter on the cigars, we were baffled as to what it could of been and summed it up to possibly being from the bands. The flakes are to small to be clearly seen in a picture, I haven't had the chance to smoke any but my friend loves them. Still no clue as to why or how...

I have the same on inside a cab of HU Mag 48's. If somebody hasn't beat me to the punch before I get home from work today I'll post a picture.

Same experience from a 10 count box of Mag 50s bought from a 24:24 a couple months back. I think I tried taking a photo back then but it is very hard to capture in a photo.

The gold is a very fine dust. I'm pretty sure it just rubbed off the bands some how.

It didn't seem to impact the flavours or burn of the cigar in any way.

It actually does look quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time I have seen gold dust was from the gold in the bands and it easily rubbed off.

I have seen sparkles in the wrapper of NCs several times (Connecticut broadleaf in particular). It was evenly distributed through the whole wrapper and did not rub off. I heard it occurs when the soul is very rich in nutrients.

wue1uCh.jpg

Don't know if this will post the pic or not. Haven't posted a picture to the forum before. If it shows you will notice small metallic reflections, especially on the third cigar from the left. There is some white plume on the sticks but this seems different, like tiny glitter. Agree it is most likely from the gold bands if I had to guess.

This question came from me, so huge thanks to everyone who responded, and to Rob for starting the thread as i wasnt sure if i should or not! I assumed this was from the band but as this was only my second CC box purchase (although i have two from recent 24:24 on the way love.gif ) i figured i would ask to be sure. The construction, wrapper, scent, everything is amazing and has me salivating! I sent a couple photos to Rob and am trying to add here but isnt uploading, might try later but it is the same as what others have posted!

Again, the responses and help is very appreciated, the community here is amazing!