Dubai Duty Free

An off to Dubai in the not so distant future and wanted to get some hints/tips.

Can get up to 4 X 25 boxes within allowance. What is the duty free store like, are you able to open boxes and check them? Are the staff quite accommodating? Is it easy to find? How are the prices and is there any aged stock to be found? Any regionals that are a must have?

An off to Dubai in the not so distant future and wanted to get some hints/tips.

Can get up to 4 X 25 boxes within allowance. What is the duty free store like, are you able to open boxes and check them? Are the staff quite accommodating? Is it easy to find? How are the prices and is there any aged stock to be found? Any regionals that are a must have?

I am also going through DXB next week and would like to know the same.

Heres a few threads on the subject

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115785

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=113639
http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122741

I go through Dubai every 2 months. Some tips. There are 9 places to purchase cigars in total. Terminal C in the shopping area on the lower level there are two shops, Terminal B on Low gate number side and High gate number side, Concourse A on low gate number side and high gate number side, Emirates Business Lounge, Emirates First Class Lounge and at the baggage hall before you leave. The main "LCDH" is in Terminal B on the lower gate number side. That's where you will find the most variety of stock. Terminal B higher gate side has a bit of a range also, then the one in departure hall (no good if you're in transit only) and the two in Concourse A are pretty much just for new releases and small amounts of regular stock, and they have a lot of NCs. Concourse A ones are not really manned, Terminal B LCDH generally as a guy hanging around it. He sometimes arcs up about opening boxes, but tell him if he doesn't open you're not buying. If you start off with "im going to buy 4 boxes...." he shouldn't hassle you about opening boxes to inspect. But yes.. DO NOT BUY BLIND THERE! Also the humidors are in the Alcohol/Tobacco shops... you can't miss them.

Aged stock wise they have 5 or 6 boxes of Diplomaticos #1, Quidorsay Gran Coronas, Monte Especial #2. You can get lucky on other low moving brands like Sancho Panza etc with a few boxes with a few years on them. Regionals they only had the Bolivar Oryx and El Greco when i was in there 2 weeks ago. They have a lot of the LCDH releases.

Price wise i would say similar to here, but i don't really pay attention to prices on here (only Aussie prices... in which case WAAAAY better).

• Like 2

For the record i've not a seen a box that looks as good as tat cigar in your pic! That's what keeps me away from them. All the boxes i've opened of both the Oryx and Greco were as if i was looking at thick backwoods.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Aus? Always declare. Sometimes I pay duty sometimes they just let me through.

This time I came to UK. No dramas here. Well below the 50 cigar limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I see Molinos?

That's what I thought initially, but I do believe our dear friend, Mus has scored himself a 10-count dress box of Sancho Panza Coronas Gigantes (47 ring gauge by 178 mm or Julieta No.2's - Churchills in other words). Impressive considering these were discontinued in 2006.

• Like 1

That's what I thought initially, but I do believe our dear friend, Mus has scored himself a 10-count dress box of Sancho Panza Coronas Gigantes (47 ring gauge by 178 mm or Julieta No.2's - Churchills in other words). Impressive considering these were discontinued in 2006.

JohnS is correct. Coronas gigantes. I think from 01 but I can't quite read the box date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shut. Up.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

To answer the original posters question.. the duty free stores in Dubai will sell you as many as you want to buy. They will mention the duty free limits of your destination but will not hesitate to sell you over this limit.

I've found pricing to be a bit lower on some brands and bit higher on others but I prefer to buy in Dubai because I always pop the box open and give them a good inspection prior to buying.

Kurt