Cigars in Dubai

I've got a friend coming over to Aus with a fairly long stop over in Dubai.

Was hoping to get him to pick me up a couple of sticks from the Duty Free

First on the list is the Boliva U.A.E Regional, has anyone been through there recently and noticed anything else worth grabbing so I can add to the list?

Thanks guys

I had a mule through there 3 months ago and in addition to the Bolivar UAEs they had a good supply of the Cohiba 1966's available that were NOT marked up ridiculously.

You can contact dubai duty free via the contact form on their website and they will send you a list of current lcdh stock. I had a mule pass through last week picked up an 01 box of SLR Coronas (discontinued) for approx $160 US.

You can contact dubai duty free via the contact form on their website and they will send you a list of current lcdh stock. I had a mule pass through last week picked up an 01 box of SLR Coronas (discontinued) for approx $160 US.

I have fired them off an email, not sure we are allowed to talk prices on this forum though? innocent.gif

They have an amazing stock of aged boxes there without any premium added to the price. Both LCDH at DXB are the best B&M I've seen. Huge stock.

x2 on Dubai - The best and only airport LCDH's, great selection, prices and service, miss them ....

Not meaning to highjack this thread but does anyone have any experience with buying cigars at Abu Dhabi airport? I have a friend passing though soon and would love to hear peoples views. Cheers!

AUH has a smaller store, smaller selection and prices are about 20% higher than DXB from my memory. Not bad but certainly not on a level with DXB.

x2 on Dubai - The best and only airport LCDH's, great selection, prices and service, miss them ....

AUH has a smaller store, smaller selection and prices are about 20% higher than DXB from my memory. Not bad but certainly not on a level with DXB.

Thanks for the info!! Very much appreciated!

They got back to me nice and fast, not sure what the prices are in (currency) but I have asked them to clarify. I'm there in November, need to stop giving rob all my spare cash :-)

I just got back from there 5 days ago. FOH is cheaper. Simple.

Not on everything, but they are cheaper on a lot of things I go threw Dubai about every 3 months so I am always looking.

These duty free places now are limiting what they sell on a ticket to Oz. I.e. trying to limit you to the 50g rule per person.

The temp & RH in Dubai Airport Duty Free walk-in humidors are often far from optimal, and their stock quality can be variable. If you find the prices cheap and can avoid any import duties, possibly worth a try. I'd be going for cigars that are generally consistent quality such as Cohiba Behike, Cohiba 1966, Bolivar Petit Corona, etc. It would be a brave man to buy Monte 2's Monte 4's or Cohiba Esplendidos from Dubai Airport Duty Free.

Prices are in Emirati Dirhams. Currency code is AED if you are using something like XE.com for the conversion.

They give a USD price as well, very handy of them.

FOH is cheaper yes, but it is nice to walk into a shop and treat yourself once in a while eh. Theres not a great deal of stuff on the list but I bet they have a stash yes.gif

They give a USD price as well, very handy of them.

FOH is cheaper yes, but it is nice to walk into a shop and treat yourself once in a while eh. Theres not a great deal of stuff on the list but I bet they have a stash yes.gif

I've sent you a pm as the stock list I got seemed fairly extensive. Let me know it was the same list.

Hi guys,

I was there earlier this year a few times. Had some great smokes each time. Never been through Dubai airport (always pulled in on a ship), but I used to spend a few Dirhams on a cab ride to the Emirates towers. The tower with the hotel inside has a LCDH inside. Great selection and pretty decent prices. I spent about 1050 Dirhams on a box of MC Petit Edmundos. I bought a few Bolivar UAEs, great smoke, If I remember correctly they were 90 Dirhams a stick. If I had the money I would have bought a box of those too. While shopping for the UAE regional, I also picked up the Ramon Allones Regional from Cyprus. Wasn't anything near as good as the Bolivar UAE.

Cheers

Tom

I haven't seen it but haven't paid too much attention to something so large. The LCDH at Emirates Towers had some good stock last time I was there but a lot of the really old stuff has been picked over and the girl working at the time was literally committing cigar abuse in the way she handled the cigars in that shop.

Bolivar UAE were around 110-130 Dhirams each last time I was there. Definitely not cheap by any means. Perhaps they've gone up in price because they were so good.

The Emirates Towers LCDH ( as well as the other Casas in the UAE ) are good but way higher in price than the airport LCDH.

I never had any issue with quality or storage buying at the airport.