Cigars in Dubai

On the subject of Cigars in Dubai, has anyone ever been to the cigar store inside the Mall of the Emirates? I have browsed through there a few times but was always reluctant to purchase any cigars from them due to not knowing if they are reputable or not. It's a much more affordable location to purchase cigar accessories however!

On the subject of Cigars in Dubai, has anyone ever been to the cigar store inside the Mall of the Emirates? I have browsed through there a few times but was always reluctant to purchase any cigars from them due to not knowing if they are reputable or not. It's a much more affordable location to purchase cigar accessories however!

i bought couple of cigars from them but i prefer LCDH in JBR.

But if you are looking for non cuban cigar they have nice collection

• 1 month later...

I was there early September. They had a range of pretty much everything current, and a few regionals from the area (no more Bolivar Emiratos though) such as the Oryx i think it's called, a Qatar regional. In aged stock they had the following;

- QdO Coronas from 01 - some were good, some terrible

- HUpmann Mag 48 all stock looked great

- Monte Especiales (cant remember which number) from 09 looked pretty terrible

That's all that comes to mind from memory. Tell him to go to the bigger LCDH near the B gates (i think it's the mcdonalds side, not the burger king side). Hopefully your friend knows what to look for. There's some crap in there and some good stuff.

• 1 year later...

I was there early September. They had a range of pretty much everything current, and a few regionals from the area (no more Bolivar Emiratos though) such as the Oryx i think it's called, a Qatar regional. In aged stock they had the following;

- QdO Coronas from 01 - some were good, some terrible

- HUpmann Mag 48 all stock looked great

- Monte Especiales (cant remember which number) from 09 looked pretty terrible

That's all that comes to mind from memory. Tell him to go to the bigger LCDH near the B gates (i think it's the mcdonalds side, not the burger king side). Hopefully your friend knows what to look for. There's some crap in there and some good stuff.

I was there earlier this year and they still had plenty of Emiratos, I picked some up. Off there in a week and I'll check again.

Regardless of price and quality of product, the import duties will make it not worth your effort. I think you can only bring in 25grams of tobacco before you're whacked with taxes.

Being from Australia, just stick to *****int.com imo

Cheers

Regardless of price and quality of product, the import duties will make it not worth your effort. I think you can only bring in 25grams of tobacco before you're whacked with taxes.

Being from Australia, just stick to *****int.com imo

Cheers

Depending on what you're buying in Dubai it may be cheaper to pay the Duty upon arrival into Aus.

My friend picked me up 3 boxes of 2001 Diplomatico #1's (discontinued since 2004) for $350au a box including taxes.

That's not a bad price considering they over 10 years old and currently discontinued

Fresh, reg production stuff, you're prob right (but you still run the risk of having to pay import duty on *****int orders) but for aged or discontinued stock the premium you might pay is often far less than trying to find them elsewhere

If anyone is there and wouldn't mind mulling me some 01 QDO Coronas or Boli RE's, drop me a line... lol3.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I was there earlier this year and they still had plenty of Emiratos, I picked some up. Off there in a week and I'll check again.

Yep they're gone - I must've got lucky last time.

Plenty of the "Bolívar 2009 - Edición Regional Grecia y Chipre" at $444 though. Oddly!!