Question about LCDH Dubai Airport

Was wondering if any members have experience buying cigars at the LCDH in the Dubai airport?? Just wanted to get an idea of the percentage above prices in Cuba and selection.

I am wonder as well...

It's a good place to look for the middle eastern regional edition cigars if you're into that sort of thing. I have a mule who stops there twice a year for me. Look for the Bolivar Emiratos in particular (if they have any more).

Uboat, there was Punch Emiratos but no bolivar there if i remember correctly. I bought the Punch although the reviews were not that great.

I was looking for the RA Phonecia, i doubt i could afford it but it would be nice to have a look at the box. I was told by the sales man that it was out of stock.

I bought from LCDH Dubai Airport many times when I was living in Qatar, before finding FOH. The quality of Cubans from Dubai airport was so unreliable that I was driven to buying Non-Cubans. After finding FOH and CZARs I didn't make another purchase from LCDH Dubai Airport (and most of my non-Cubans remain unsmoked). The quality from Rob is in a completely different league!

Over the last years I bought a couple of hundreds Cuban cigars in the two Casas del Habano in Dubai Duty Free. In my opinon they store their cigars very good and you can always open every box and have a look yourself before you purchase. Prices are sometimes very good sometimes okay. Depends on the marca. You can find some prices listed on the homepage of Dubai Duty Free. I am not sure if I am allowed to link direct so you have to search yourself.

There are sometimes special sales. When I visited the Dubai Duty Free last December, there was the 29th Annniversary and they offered 25% discount on everything. I bought a Cab of 50 Punch DC from 2005 for USD 507,29 and one litre of Zacapa 23y for USD 37,50.

post-6604-0-97975400-1360270382_thumb.jp

I bought from LCDH Dubai Airport many times when I was living in Qatar, before finding FOH. The quality of Cubans from Dubai airport was so unreliable that I was driven to buying Non-Cubans. After finding FOH and CZARs I didn't make another purchase from LCDH Dubai Airport (and most of my non-Cubans remain unsmoked). The quality from Rob is in a completely different league!

I have to agree with you on this. When I was goin through the boxes, I saw some boxes with what I thought was mould but as usual the sales assistant was adamant that it wasn't. But what really irked me was that he offered to change the mouldy sticks with sticks from other boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Uboat, there was Punch Emiratos but no bolivar there if i remember correctly. I bought the Punch although the reviews were not that great.

I was looking for the RA Phonecia, i doubt i could afford it but it would be nice to have a look at the box. I was told by the sales man that it was out of stock.

Ahem, http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Bol|ivar#272_Edici|on_Regional_Emiratos_Arabes_Unidos