Desktop humidor?

I know quite a few have coolidors, wineadors, large cabinets, etc. How many of you guys also keep a desktop humidor? Anyway just brought mine back from the dead. Forgot how great it is to have one.

c6cdec0c1a04d46e8858dbfb548c1efa.jpg

1703bfeb7859d7bc834cabe5cb7e048b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I have multiple wine coolers and 60qt Ziplock containers, but I also use desktops. I've got a small one that will hold 35 to 40. My friend just gave me his old desktop that he no longer uses. It's a big one, and will hold over a 100. It's a pain in the ass getting something at the bottom of the big one. I much prefer the small desktop. I keep the desktops around 63rh, and every few months I will pull cigars out of the boxes or cab to fill up the desktop. It is much more convenient that way instead of hunting through wineadors.

I use them only to keep accessories in. My ambient climate is one that is ever-changing. If I could use a desktop I would have no need or desire to engineer and build the systems that I do... Ambient dominant cigar keeping is no longer part of my program as it does not work for me. Being persnickety about the water content in cigars, I have no other choice than to precision control my humidors.

I like the way they look though, the good ones anyway!

-Piggy

Funny, I recently resurrected an old faithful myself. I only stopped because I really didn't need it. Going through the cooler, I found a number of boxes in various states of "fullness", so I decided to put these in the desktop. I try to keep it as full as possible, and it does a nice job. It is great to have one again.

Edited to add pic - the depth perception might be misleading - it's pretty full.

post-296-0-96208500-1446585596_thumb.jpg

I actually downsized from a cooling cabinet. Didnt see the need to store that many cigars anymore as i smoke about 2 to 3 a week.

I didnt like the noise of the unit..or worry about having that many cigars on hand. Also, after collecting many cigars my tastes had changed and found that i had a lot of useless sticks.

Granted my desktop is more of a chest and stores around 700... with a cigar oasis humidifier. I love it... beautifully constructed hardwood humi.

This is my current 50 count 746e2df12d18fd6b9ffbdc36f659c7f7.jpg prob a 30/20 split of nc/cc . I love it 1st and only humidor and think there great !! I've just ordered another to have one for nc and one for cc the over flow goes into the glass jar humi I'm just getting sorted. I'd like a wineador at some stage but I only smoke 1-2 per week so would be overkill for now. It's easy to get caught up in the buying and before you know it u have to many !!! It's a slippery slope

Damn Dan just how deep is that thing? Looks like you could get a zillion cigars in there! :cigar:

Like others here, I keep a desktop (but it's really stashed on the top shelf of my closet) for 'current smoking cigars.' Like Colt, when a box or cab gets to mostly empty status, the remainder goes into the desktop and I order a new box from Di party.gif

The desktop is a typical wood model, no fancy seal, but I've been lucky with this one and one or two 65% Bovedas will last a year in it.

It would be nice to have a desktop on the desk, in the office, and you could just pull one out and light it up without leaving your chair. :cigar:

Probably like 10". I believe it holds 100-150. I guess you could call it a large desktop humidor lol. Have a smaller one from JJ Fox that holds 10 or so. Only keep the extra rare stuff in there ;).

Damn Dan just how deep is that thing? Looks like you could get a zillion cigars in there! :cigar:

Like others here, I keep a desktop (but it's really stashed on the top shelf of my closet) for 'current smoking cigars.' Like Colt, when a box or cab gets to mostly empty status, the remainder goes into the desktop and I order a new box from Di party.gif

The desktop is a typical wood model, no fancy seal, but I've been lucky with this one and one or two 65% Bovedas will last a year in it.

It would be nice to have a desktop on the desk, in the office, and you could just pull one out and light it up without leaving your chair. :cigar:

Here is my desktop i wanted to share with you all..

That's a bit more than a desktop... almost a desk in and of itself; just add legs! Seriously though, that's a very nice piece. Love the simple design showcasing the wood. What's the storage capacity like?

• Like 1

That's a bit more than a desktop... almost a desk in and of itself; just add legs! Seriously though, that's a very nice piece. Love the simple design showcasing the wood. What's the storage capacity like?

If i take trays out... about 1200 coronas packed. But with the shelves and larger sizes.. probably in the 700 range.

Like many of you, I maintain 3 storage stages--"Deep Down", "Intermediate" and a desktop. The Deep and Intermediate are both in a dark, cool, relatively stable place in my cellar, while the desktop is in the main part of the house. The deep storage is hardly ever invaded; only to add long-term boxes, with an occasional removal. Intermediate houses the ready to smoke boxes, which can come from long-term storage or be new purchases of ready-to-smokes that need to stabilize for a few months after delivery. The desktop houses 50 or so loose cigars that I pull from--8 or 10 of the 5 or 6 types that I am likely to want on a regular basis. Works for me and is fun to tend to every month or so.

I've three.

First, 100 count is my dry box - around 60RH. Second, a 50 count is for my CigarSense smokes, 69RH. Third I keep tools, lighters and other utensils in.

I have a desktop humi that I keep some boxes in, mainly for gifts but also a last minute decision to go somewhere and smoke. I picked it up at Amazon for $80 US.

I also have a couple of mini Ammodors that I keep things in at the office.

788d30444846500.jpg

I have a desktop humi that I keep some boxes in, mainly for gifts but also a last minute decision to go somewhere and smoke. I picked it up at Amazon for $80 US.

I also have a couple of mini Ammodors that I keep things in at the office.

788d30444846500.jpg

Stretching a bit calling it a desktop haha

To each's own...

Looks nice though, mine is the more traditional style, 30 count, custom built cedar. Use it for singles not in line for long storage.

Jim

I have 2, one is a Daniel Marshall 100 count that I use for my daily pull from box. I also have a 150ct custom made. They are both great humidors but knowing what I know now I would of skipped buying one.

Here is my desktop i wanted to share with you all..

What make / Brand of desktop Humi is that? What type of wood and finish is it?

Lovely piece mate. Now I want one :).

• Like 1

What make / Brand of desktop Humi is that? What type of wood and finish is it?

Lovely piece mate. Now I want one :).

Check your pm