Les Fines Lames : Handcrafted Cigar Knife

Seen them, curious if you get the same kind of leverage and control while swinging the arm down like you get with a compact xikar cutter or scissors that operate steadily in your hand...i can imagine a lot of slightly diagonal cuts lol

I wrote about these some while ago and I think they look beautiful. I'm just terrified I would leave it in my bag and get it confiscated at customs when I was travelling.

I wrote about these some while ago and I think they look beautiful. I'm just terrified I would leave it in my bag and get it confiscated at customs when I was travelling.

Same. Also terrified of leaving my finger in the hole while cutting something, for leverage, and then something going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

Same. Also terrified of leaving my finger in the hole while cutting something, for leverage, and then something going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

Same here!

Just saw the price of these and was shocked, I know completely different but I'd rather get an ST.Dupont cutter and lighter combo for around the same. No doubt there will be some hardy collectors that will spend and enjoy using these.

• Like 1

Same here!

Just saw the price of these and was shocked, I know completely different but I'd rather get an ST.Dupont cutter and lighter combo for around the same. No doubt there will be some hardy collectors that will spend and enjoy using these.

I have been following this on IG for a while and was stoked until this price issue. Its a beautiful knife but I doubt it provides much control of cuts plus I would not want to use it as a knife and beat it up if it is my cigar cutter. I want to support this kind of entrepreneurial endeavor however the makers are kidding themselves if they don't consider this a pretty much ultra luxury item. I wish them success but I will need a 70% off coupon before I get mine.

• Like 1

I am the same as most everyone else... .Was following this on IG and was all set to order one. Opened the email this morning to buy it and when I saw the price I almost **** my pants. I was figuring around 2 bills but $550... thumbsdwn.gif

Very nice, unsure what one does with a knife really but very nice indeed. Even if it is pricey ;)

Seriously Mika? For picnics mang!

You and me. And maybe Westy. Picnic in the park. Some saucisson, a hard cheese, heirloom tomatoes, a crusty baguette. A Beaujolais. Maybe a couple frothy beers and some cigars.

How is this achieved?

Sent from my iPhone

Re the price, I could be wrong but as this is a crowdfunding effort I believe the "packages" are donations of sorts to get it up and running. I imagine once it has been set up the normal retail would be far different price.