Answer this one for me ......

Hendrik Kelner's "Original Cubans", sold in unbanded bundles at Cigars International in Pennsylvania. I'd recommend the torpedos at $34 for the bunch. Really. Nice, nice, nice

Partagas Shorts. A young box with very little age. They tend to be spicy,peppery like Nicaraguan tobacco.

In my limited experience, the only NCs that I find comparable to CCs are the Don Carlos line from A. Fuente. Not a pepper/strength bomb like so many NCs. Instead, a smooth creaminess, but still full of flavor, which is how I describe a lot of CCs.

Partagas Shorts. A young box with very little age. They tend to be spicy,peppery like Nicaraguan tobacco.

No offense but Hell no. Apples and oranges. What partagas short has is THE cuban twang. No matter of age, that is just defined cuban tobacco even though it has pepper too... imho.

Nic means bold and spicy.

1 Partagas PSD4 especially

2 Montecristo #2 and #4

3 Cohiba CORO and SIG 3, 4, 6

They may like JL, and SLR but will have to parse the sizes

Just hand them a full bodied Cuban. The tobacco regions are different, Cuban, Nicaraguan, Dominican, Honduran, they all have their base flavors. In this case you really are looking for a strong, assertive tobacco. If he likes the Nicaraguans, he'd like the BBF and Partagas stuff.

Young RyJ Cazadores with a very dark wrapper. Very surprising.

As many said, the RA Extra EL.

I agree on the Upmann Mag 48 LE. I love it but I don't find it specifically "cuban".

Cohiba Maduro 5 series without a doubt.

That said, it's a bit like asking "which Bordeaux tastes like a red from Chile"

• Like 1

I'd agree with the young dark cazadores, the 2013's I have do definitely have a "nicaraguan twang", great cigars aswell.

I do not think that any CC is comparable to a NC simply because the Cuban and Nicaraguan trademark flavors are exclusive to Cuban and Nicaraguan cigars. I do think that bolder and spicier/pepperier Cubans have some similarities to NCs and would agree with the previous commenters who suggest PSD4.

I have been smoking CC for years. My pallet has changed. There are very few NC I enjoy anymore.

First, the is "nothing" on earth that smokes like a CC. The climate, the soil, the humidity makes them unique, as does NC.

I don't know of any Cuban cigar that is even close to he flavor profile of a Nicaraguan.

I think Dominican cigars are closer to CC. IMO

• Like 1

If you removed the bands and handed me either a RA Extras EL or the HU Mag 48, I would guess Nicaraguan every time.

I like both of those brands very much, but those two cigars, while unique, do not satisfy my craving for a Havana.