Who loves concerts ?

I went to a pub in Narrabeen back in 1980 there was a band playing with about 100 people or so I was at the bar having a beer. The band was on a break and a guy next to me ordered a beer at the time I thought nothing of it but the guy was Michael Hutchins and the band was INXS!

Best covert I have ever been to hands down is the boss

Followed closely by the Dixie chicks ( don't laugh they were brilliant)

Then Sumi jo a Korean soprano

Been to way too many. Probably numbers in the thousands now, but then again doing it for a living... Will be putting one on tomorrow here in Brisbane.

Best concert I have ever been to hands down is the boss

Followed closely by the Dixie chicks ( don't laugh they were brilliant)

Then Sumi jo a Korean soprano

Love that eclectic taste, Steve!
  • Like 1

In July I will see the Godmother of Punk Patti Smith at an open air concert. She will perform "Horses". spotlight.gif

Best concert so far for me was with the old Leonard Cohen in 2010, with the age of 76. He was absolutely amazing and singing for 3,5 hours. perfect10.gif

The concert I regret not been there when I had the chance was Gil Scot-Heron - Godfather of Rap.

I haven't been to a concert in years. Funny though how some of my fav's, when younger, are still on tour. I've seen Rush 3 times in the early 80's and now they're on the 40th anniversary tour. Saw AC/DC late 1980 and was the best concert I'd been to until I saw Metallica as an opening act on the Monsters of Rock tour in 88. Lost my hearing standing in front of Eddie Van Halen's cabinets on the 5150 tour.

Only regret is not seeing Ozzy on his Blizzard of Ozz/Diary of a Madman tours. Randy Rhoads was simply amazing!

You can't kill rock n roll, it's here to stay!

even i'd pay to see me dancing in the aisles. fat chance.

have seen F Mac. exceptional. though it was 15 years ago.

I saw you dancing out of a cab and nearly taking me out as you jigged by at Emporium on a Friday night two weeks back!

?

I've been listening to True lately. My three daughters are hooked on it.

I was sick and tired of listening to Beyonce and Taylor Swift. I said, "You want to hear good music?". I turned on True on my Spotify and they were hooked.

ps - did i mention bruce?

have a barrister mate who was in the states early 70s. dragged along to a small high school basketball court by some mates - to a concert. they locked the doors. 4-5 hours they emerged. said it was the best he ever saw. needless to say, a very early bruce concert.

if only....

I went to a pub in Narrabeen back in 1980 there was a band playing with about 100 people or so I was at the bar having a beer. The band was on a break and a guy next to me ordered a beer at the time I thought nothing of it but the guy was Michael Hutchins and the band was INXS!

How I wish I was in your shoes that night, ....I am pretty sure I went to all their concerts when they first started, they were great then before they hit the big stage.