Did someone say pig? Home processed pork inside, not for the squeamish.

JY0

Very nice, not squeamish at all - We do this ourselves, even better with family around and a few drinks in the process. Top stuff and thanks for sharing :)

Good on yah and everyone who does this. We do the same only we grow the pigs and have a local family process for us. We are just not set up for it. They save us everything but the squeal. We make our own sausage and stuff and cook up the lard for baking, and soaps and whatnot. We also did 10 Turkeys this year( we cut those up ourselves) averaging out at 35lbs each when cleaned. And 50 broiler chickens. Filled up three large freezers so we figure we are good for a year or two. That way we can spend some time on the garden instead.

What a great life knowing where your food comes from and you can shake the hand of the man who grew it.

NICE!ok.gif

This is a Muslim nightmare!! .. or is it a celebration cos you're killing the pig confused.gif

Just kidding mate! Good stuff! I remember when we used to live in the bush, I was about 7 or 8. We didn't get halal meat out where we were so we used to buy a lamb from a local farmer. Every day I would come home from school and feed this thing and play with this nice little lamb. Then one day I come home and my mate the sheep is no longer there. On the plus side we got lamb chops a few weeks later hungry.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This reminds me of growing up as an Italian kid. My father, uncles, etc used to do round robin turns at buying pig legs for prosciutto, whole lambs, beef and prepping it for the year. They'd make the prosciutto, grind and blend the meats for sausages, various salami's such as soppressata, capicollo, etc. Along with pickling olives, peppers, onions and making our own tomato sauce and wine. Those were good times. I wish I had paid more attention when they were doing this. The only thing I committed to memory was making tomato sauce. :P