prince philip - knight of australia

heard this on the internet and honestly thought it was a joke in poor taste (this has nothing to do with the old bloke himself - he makes enough of a dill of himself on his own and doesn't need abbott's help). it is about the idiot running our country.

our PM has made prince philip a knight of australia. truly the most bizarre thing that will happen this year. why, for god's sake? they must be truly confused over there. it is utterly embarrassing.

couldn't find any australians worthy?

why he had to reinstate knighthoods in the first place was beyond comprehension but this is a new level.

i say this as someone who thinks that bill shorten is a vile, dishonest, useless grub who would be a monumental disaster in charge of a pet store let alone a country, so it is not as though i'm trying to push an agenda.

and as for the message he sends out here, one can only assume that he is determined to be a one term PM, or possibly a part term PM the way he is going.

he has truly stamped himself as the absolutely worst PM we have had, since the last two idiots.

the three of them make one long for the days of john howard (yes, i know).

will someone in government please stand up and have the balls to say enough? we need a PM who doesn't think he is a colonial churchill (not that he should be mentioned in the same breath) and that he was born in the 1800s.

• Like 3

I agree with everything in this post, Ken. Un-f'ing- believable that Abbott is the best we've got. The system is clearly flawed, as has been demonstrated 3 consecutive times in the last 8 years.

Abbott is probably hoping he'll be knighted for his dis-services to Australia.

How anyone in the Libs thought that he'd make a better party leader than Turnbull or Costello is stark raving mad. He keeps this up, he'll have a shorter term than Rudd.

I am a Liberal voter through and through but this government well where do i start ,it sort of leaves you no place to go

The worst part is that Jackal shorten will just be handed the keys to the lodge

Rob is right in saying we have had three successive governments of total incompetents,and the worst part is theres nobody else to choose from moon.giflol3.gif

Rob is right in saying we have had three successive governments of total incompetents

four if you count krudd twice.

do they not see what they are doing? how is it possible they can blindly blunder on? they are really really stupid people. hockey has made a total of mess of his career. i'd trust turnbull about as much as i'd trust krudd. the only one who seems to stand above it ll is julie bishop.

• Like 1

Thoroughly agree Ken. Almost have to dig out my VHS tapes of the Rudd/Gillard circus to refresh the memory.

On a side note: I met K. Rudd the other week in LA, truly an individual living in a different universe of self importance.

• Like 3

Its been an aweful run with politics in Australia. Since 2007 we simply have nobody to choose. I do hold some hope for Malcolm Turnball. Why is Turnball not the leader of that party? Crazy

Its been an aweful run with politics in Australia. Since 2007 we simply have nobody to choose. I do hold some hope for Malcolm Turnball. Why is Turnball not the leader of that party? Crazy

because he stuffed up his first go in a huge way and no one in the party trusts him. with good reason. depressing.

Indeed Ken, Julie Bishop seems to be the only liberal acting like an actual statesman and she should be given a chance to run the show.

Mate, that's exactly what I think.

Other than the actual title of being a Prime Minister and or President of ANY country, you'd think there should be some sort of attitude or "air" the way one carries themselves. Julie Bishop would get my vote any day.

• Like 1

I have all but given up on politicians. I'm not sure what's worse; the inept/corrupt politician, or the fool that elects them!

Have a laugh at what we deal with in the states

http://rt.com/usa/222667-virginia-election-jail-sex/

shortly after i arrived to work in DC/Virginia (so no surprise with this), marion barry (for those that might not know, the mayor of DC) was featured by on undercover tv in a hotel room with a hooker snorting coke. i think he increased his majority next election.

shortly after i arrived to work in DC/Virginia (so no surprise with this), marion barry (for those that might not know, the mayor of DC) was featured by on undercover tv in a hotel room with a hooker snorting coke. i think he increased his majority next election.

He was showing that he was in touch with the people! jester.gif

Upon being busted, he uttered those immortal words, "B*tch set me up!" He just passed away a few months ago.

i saw that. not sure he'll be missed.

tho he committed pretty much every crime imaginable and kept being elected.

i remember being accosted by a homeless bloke in the metro in DC and some 25+ years later i can remember his words exactly -

"i am jesus christ and i sell coke to marion barry".

loved that city.

to show just how completely out of touch this idiot is (abbott not barry), spoke to my mother this morning. in my entire life, never met a more committed monarchist (yes, i'm a great disappointment) and she can forgive absolutely anything that anyone in the coalition does, no matter what. she is more forgiving of them than the catholic church is of kiddyfiddlers.

and yet this morning, for the first ever time, she thought what a stupid thing this was. i nearly dropped. if abbott is losing people like mum (not that she'd ever vote anything else but she is no longer as enamoured) then he is gone. and if the libs don't see this then so are they.