are you a writer/Journal type?

Nothing crystalises my thoughts more than writing.

A pot of good chinese tea or a fresh espresso coffee ....a cigar (long skinnies hit the mark here)...my great book of idiotic ramblings ....and I am away. I can go 3-4 hours but normally pull up at the end of the cigar.

I do find writing to be cathartic, exercising the brain and putting a torch to many a dim corner.

My cigar of choice when penning away is Monte Especial when I have the time or Monte Especial No 2 when I don't have more than an hour. Lancero's certainly come into the mix as do the marvelous Reynaldo lancero from Conde.

Does anyone else here engage the pen? If so do you do so with a cigar? a favourite?

• Like 1

Absolutely, although rarely with a cigar as I do most writing inside on the computer (where, according to el wifey, smoking ist verboten). On the rare occasion where I am conceiving a new project, I will sit outside with scrap paper and a pen and, like you, prefer a long n skinny. (Of course, when time allows, I ALWAYS prefer a long n skinny!)

I've got a travelogue written about a trip I took to study Mayan culture with Mayan elders in the Yucatan. I need to get the proposal done so I can begin soliciting an agent (who can be expected to do all of the legwork for a mere 10%!)

I've got 2 fiction novels/novellas begun, but no time to finish!

Lastly, I began working on a screenplay with a friend of mine - sort of a comedy with surreal tinges that explores, among other things, the hypocrisy that runs through the hippie activist movements.

All this on top of an emerging career as a Civil Engineer and a 1 year old boy running around, I'm seldom bored!

What are you writing, Rob?

What are you writing, Rob?

I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel.

I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel.

I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel.........

• Like 3

I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel. I will wear underwear in the hotel.........

Outside of the hotel is fair game, huh?

Here, here! cap.gif MAY be starting on my second screenplay soon

• Like 2

I love to write, but usually don't have time for a cigar. Somebody else is always wanting to use the stall. It's all good though as long as I get the ex-wife's phone number correct and the marker doesn't smudge.

I kid. I kid. liar.gif

• Like 1

I've tried and never kept up. Don't have the knack for it. Gone darn near paperless at work but the idea of a cigar and a pen is intriguing yet seemingly impractical for me, especially with my decent collection of fountain pens back in storage in the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was going to go into this long dissertation of philosophy, but I tend to lose people that way ; )

Yes, a writer in so many ways... and not, in so many others. Music moves me, books inspire me, and cigars give a patient balance. Perhaps that's why I am so obsessed with them.

My mind constantly goes... I guess I just truly feel the blessing and brilliance that is our existence. Or maybe it's this JL1 I'm smoking right now that is performing beautifully : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate writing... but you knew that!

What is paper? Ahhh, yes, the stuff that comes out of a printer and leaves a trail that the guys in the black helicopters follow to your house.

Pencils are for marking wood, and for mounting behind your ear so you can look as though you are working, or at least thinking of working. Pens, they are for going over the line in wood that you made with a pencil that you cannot see. They also or look better with a suit when you pretend you are working. I am saying that when you pretend to work, you need the use the right props!

Pencils are also great for breaking, especially when you put the cut line in the wrong place and now your wood is too short!

I would expand on the thought, but I have written enough already!!!

-the Pig

I write a lot sitting in front of my computer and would write a lot less and with much less enjoyment without a cigar.

Did the first one ever get filmed?

Did the first one ever get filmed?

***It got stole't: swiped: absconded: Hard to talk about. But...I accept this as part of the experience process. Not the only idea I've had that was yanked. Soooo - have to learn the ropes on being more careful. cum se, cum sa - as they say.

I hate writing... but you knew that!

What is paper? Ahhh, yes, the stuff that comes out of a printer and leaves a trail that the guys in the black helicopters follow to your house.

Pencils are for marking wood, and for mounting behind your ear so you can look as though you are working, or at least thinking of working. Pens, they are for going over the line in wood that you made with a pencil that you cannot see. They also or look better with a suit when you pretend you are working. I am saying that when you pretend to work, you need the use the right props!

Pencils are also great for breaking, especially when you put the cut line in the wrong place and now your wood is too short!

I would expand on the thought, but I have written enough already!!!

-the Pig

Ehhh - YOU hate writing???? thinking.gif Wellllll...if you say so...perfect10.gif We've all enjoyed your War and Peace exhaustive diatribes and painstaking splainations of life, liberty, do-not-do EL's, story lines and history lessons from the briny brine, ad infinitum, Sir Fish of Pig! But don't let ME dissuade you! Write on, Mr. Smoked Pig, or just relax and savor the bbq and the back 9, and the beer loving friends of sort. We're just here as fodder for the forum walls!

• Like 2

I enjoy writing

I actually get the urge to write most when smoking a cigar

I've often said that cigar smoke makes me more clever, its one of the things that has driven me to review cigars the way I do.

With limited cigar culture up in the North, I find writing about cigar related topics is the closest thing I can have to a cigar discussion without bugging the missus too much.

I'll start blogging one of these days, if for no other reason as to find somewhere to put all these ramblings of mine

Ehhh - YOU hate writing???? thinking.gif Wellllll...if you say so...perfect10.gif We've all enjoyed your War and Peace exhaustive diatribes and painstaking splainations of life, liberty, do-not-do EL's, story lines and history lessons from the briny brine, ad infinitum, Sir Fish of Pig! But don't let ME dissuade you! Write on, Mr. Smoked Pig, or just relax and savor the bbq and the back 9, and the beer loving friends of sort. We're just here as fodder for the forum walls!

What a shame! It would appear that I am better known for my tragedy, than my comedy!!! -LOL I will work on that in future tomes!

-pig.gif

I read and write (and argue about what I read and write) for a living so I don't do much if any composing for pleasure. I do however clear my head and organize my life with lists...and more lists. I very much enjoy putting pencil to paper, typically a yellow legal pad, to relax and focus. A cigar is usually part of the down time I take on a nightly basis to reorganize my thoughts and prepare for the next day, week, month, etc.

My wife gives me **** about a trip I planned to Vegas a couple years ago. It was planned out...and I mean planned out. I even scheduled 'Free Time' for the wife to pick what she wanted to do. Leave it to me to plan out free time.

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD...its not a disorder...its a way of life!!

***It got stole't: swiped: absconded: Hard to talk about. But...I accept this as part of the experience process. Not the only idea I've had that was yanked. Soooo - have to learn the ropes on being more careful. cum se, cum sa - as they say.

Oh, crap!

I'd ask by who, but I see the hard to talk about part. So sorry to hear that!

Fortunately, my Brother-from-another-mother's father is an ex lawyer (convoluted enough?) with Intellectual Property experience. He's told me about some tricks he uses with his music (he's a for-hire live musician these days), that I've employed.

• Like 1

I try to keep anything going on in my head off of paper. I wouldn't want to incriminate myself.

But it made William S Burroughs and the Marquis de Sade household names!

• Like 1