Anyone build a cigar/smoking room in their house?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took an unused bedroom and converted it to my man cave/smoking room. Installed a Broan 140cfm fan in the ceiling and ducted it through the ceiling to the outside. Works pretty good, but the room s

Back in January I said I would post some pics...figured it out today for another thread...thx for looking...

Go as big as posssible on the exhaust fan. 140 CFM may even be light. I would find a bigger one if possible.

I converted my garage into a "Santuario Puro" to escape from the winter months here.

It works great for me and I can handle having a couple friends over, but it gets too smoky for any big gatherings

I took an unused bedroom and converted it to my man cave/smoking room. Installed a Broan 140cfm fan in the ceiling and ducted it through the ceiling to the outside. Works pretty good, but the room still obviously smells of cigars. No way around that so far as I know.

(I know most of you are tired of seeing these, but he asked. nyah.gif )

post-15388-0-62522900-1420149219_thumb.j

post-15388-0-53762700-1420149245_thumb.j

post-15388-0-74147300-1420149584_thumb.j

• Like 4

7'x8' breakfast room is now a small sanctuary. It is off the back of the house and closed off from the rest of the house.

Got a ozone kit from ebay it's been working pretty well. Run it for 15 min after smoking and leaving the room.

7'x8' breakfast room is now a small sanctuary. It is off the back of the house and closed off from the rest of the house.

Got a ozone kit from ebay it's been working pretty well. Run it for 15 min after smoking and leaving the room.

What do you mean by "ozone kit" and how does it work?

It's a transformer like one for flourecent lighting and two ceramic plates which generate the ozone. Wired it up and put a fan in front of it.

If you have central heat/AC have a HVAC tech install a push pull system. Basically it pulls the room air and vents the air outside. This is accomplished with a diverter that prevents heat or cool air loss while maintaining a steady flow of fresh air.

• Like 1

I did up my garage - been meaning to do a thread on it, with pictures and whatnot. Finished the walls, painted, new insulated garage door (R21 w/ insulated windows in it), NuTone (Broan) 180 cfm fan operating at only 1.1 sones (through a 6" exhaust ducting through the garage attic space and roof), rubberized floor tiles, 50k btu Big Maxx direct-vent natural-gas-plumbed-in heater, surround sound, beer fridge, etc.

Minimal fabric items in there - the most is a hanging shop towel on my tool chest, and then the nylon-blend material that the fold-up Roots lawnchairs are made out of.

Even with the exhast venting, you still can smell the smoke in there for a day or so afterwards. Gotta spray it down with Febreeze pretty heavy for the next two days, then it's relatively gone.

Heard the RabbitAir is pretty good - not "ozone generating" per say (in that it doesn't leave residual ozone in the room), but uses ozone to ionize and neutralize the odours as it travels through the filter unit itself. Helped a friend buy one recently. Curious to see what the performance works out to be, as I'd be interested in getting one for my garage if it pans out.

I need to do something in my garage. I have a 3 car garage and then one bay would actually fit 2 cars deep if the portion to the rear of the garage didn't have a freezer, tools, storage, etc. The man cave area has a door to the back of the house and I have a chair sitting next to it and I open the back door and crack the overhead door to try to encourage ventilation to the back door. It gets pretty cold in the winter and I'll even have a small heater on and even then, my wife complains about smoke getting into the house through the garage door to the house.

I'm now considering framing an enclosure of sorts to the man cave and putting in an exhaust system overhead that would go to the attic and then vent outside. Enclosing the back of the garage would help considerably in warming the man cave because the garage is not heated/cooled.

I'll save this for a spring time project as I'll just have a hard time getting the area cleared out enough to facilitate the project.

Have finished space above my garage which was basically "attic" space and the ceiling slopes so you can't stand tall in all parts of the room. Wood panel walls, carpeting, electric of course, one window and in wall a/c which I don't use because I rarely smoke inside in warmer weather. I plan to take the a/c unit out and put in an "in wall" fan for exhaust. Currently use a window fan which works just OK, and electric heater.

Check out. www.rabbitair.com While they don't expel ozone externally, they use it internally along with their filtering systems. Their units work pretty good. I was at a herf where 25 people were smoking and the single Rabbit Air unit did a pretty good job. Once everyone stops smoking it continues to clean out the room until it detects that there isn't anything else left. This was the unit in question. The MinusA2. It's able to recycle the air in a 700sq ft room 2x an hour.

• Like 1

I have a 16' W x 13' D x 7.5' H room in the basement that is half finished. It's on my 2015 agenda to at least get the proper HVAC installed and work toward finishing the room off.

Tony,let us know when we can come over for the inaugeration.

I took an unused bedroom and converted it to my man cave/smoking room. Installed a Broan 140cfm fan in the ceiling and ducted it through the ceiling to the outside. Works pretty good, but the room still obviously smells of cigars. No way around that so far as I know.

(I know most of you are tired of seeing these, but he asked. nyah.gif )

attachicon.gifCave 1.jpg

attachicon.gifcave2.jpg

attachicon.gifman cave.jpg

Very nice !

I have a "room" in our third car garage that I separated off from the rest of the garage with insulating curtains that hang from the ceiling to the floor. I have a portable a/c unit in there and a heater, fridge, Hepa air cleaner, Roku, HD TV and two comfy chairs. It is a cigar room that will fold up and move with me whenever that happens. I use an Enerzen ozone air purifier and you can't tell a cigar has ever been smoked in there. I would post pictures but it might be embarrassing.