Best cigar magazine

I'm tired of reading CA. It's biased reviews towards NC and marketing are all that makes up the magazine in most cases. There are some very good articles from time to time which I enjoy, but other than that it's a waste of time for someone looking at gaining insight to the new and upcoming CC's or reviews on older ones for that matter.

Is there a magazine published in Europe that contains more CC related information that someone from the U.S. can subscribe to. I tried using a search on the forum and didn't find anythng too useful. If any fellow members are reading a better quality magazine more partial to CC's please inform.

PS: I did not start this post to engage in the debate of whether CA is a good magazine or not. Previous statements are just my opinion from personal experience. Most of us already know what the publication already entails..

Salute,

Dan

• Like 2

Yes Cigar Journal Bilingual Deutsch / Engish good reading and rating of cigars better than CA.

• Like 1

I agree with Cigar Journal as well.. tough to find in the states but the few issues I picked up are much better than anything from CA..

But personally I find this forum and it's members much more informative than any publication..

• Like 4

I agree with Cigar Journal as well.. tough to find in the states but the few issues I picked up are much better than anything from CA..

But personally I find this forum and it's members much more informative than any publication..

I agree with your sentiment about the forum, but I like my reading material as well.

• Like 1

Given the wealth of information available on message boards and some various other websites for free, I wouldn't hand any of my money over to a rag that is swayed in their coverage and ratings by advertising dollar$. Just my $0.02.

its all the same buddy. anything that could be said about Cuban cigars already has been said. watch the three word game here or the two word game or whatever its called. people have ran out of things to say other than blah, blah, blah. and that includes magazines and books. I have cuban cigar books from the 60's to present and the only difference is the cover.

I hear you. It sounds like you are at a crossroads that others have found themselves, myself included.

I've stepped in that dark land but I've decided to come back.

For me, what worked was the fact that what I knew could help those new to the hobby. Also, I have colleagues with whom I can have reasoned, critical discussions about even the most sacred of Habanos folklore. That and participating in some truly stimulating tasting experiences.

Or perhaps you've just tired of the online cigars scene. Understandable. Many formerly vibrant forums have become ghost towns. To that, and about FOH, I say never. Not as long as I'm a member.

Wilkey

PS. Yes to Cigar Journal and yes also to Cigar Magazine...which I think was the best NC magazine.

• Like 1

+1

I suggest avoiding CJ as it is rapidly becoming CA take 2

Yep and I think its already CA take 2.

~ Olga xoxo

This might be slightly off topic from the original question, but I think cigars, like everything else in life require a broad range of research. Don't limit yourself to one magazine. Check out some youtube reviews and opinions, a range of forums, a range of magazines and then base your decisions on what you think are correct.

Bottom line, look at everything and make the decisions that you are comfortable with and suit your way of life.

This might be slightly off topic from the original question, but I think cigars, like everything else in life require a broad range of research. Don't limit yourself to one magazine. Check out some youtube reviews and opinions, a range of forums, a range of magazines and then base your decisions on what you think are correct.

Bottom line, look at everything and make the decisions that you are comfortable with and suit your way of life.

Lol, this is definitely missing the point..This is not about gaining knowledge on the history of cuban cigars, or knowledge about them in general. I apologize if this post came off that way. Now I can understand some of the initial responses. I've done my research, love this forum first and foremost, seen every possible "authentic" box opening/review on YouTube, read books, magazines, etc. It's not about the different ways or sources of attaining such information, it's soley just about a magazine.

There's somethng about a magazine, and the sporadic articles they may contain from time to time that gauge my interest; whether it be of cigars or not... But seeing as how CA does not cater to Cubans well, I just wanted to read something (leisurely) that had more CC content.

Lol, this is definitely missing the point..This is not about gaining knowledge on the history of cuban cigars, or knowledge about them in general. I apologize if this post came off that way. Now I can understand some of the initial responses. I've done my research, love this forum first and foremost, seen every possible "authentic" box opening/review on YouTube, read books, magazines, etc. It's not about the different ways or sources of attaining such information, it's soley just about a magazine.

There's somethng about a magazine, and the sporadic articles they may contain from time to time that gauge my interest; whether it be of cigars or not... But seeing as how CA does not cater to Cubans well, I just wanted to read something (leisurely) that had more CC content.

Fair enough, I get it now, and I have no useful information to add to this thread lmao.gif

Hope you find what you are looking for.ok.gif

International Amateur de cigare: http://www.internationalamateurdecigare.com/

I picked up a copy a few years back in Paris. Excellent magazine. Had a less "commercial" feel to it. I can make due reading in French so it was a worthwhile purchase. CA I hardly ever pick up. CJ, though heading in the same direction as CA has far better articles. IMO, it's only drawback is the bilingual nature of the magazine. I think the content is scaled back to allow for the articles to cater to both languages without having the magazine balloon up or incur the added cost of separate printings.

Fair enough, I get it now, and I have no useful information to add to this thread lmao.gif

Hope you find what you are looking for.ok.gif

lol Thanks buddy, didn't mean to shoot you down like that haha

How come nobody ever brings up "Smoke" Magazine??? I love that publication!

Subscriptions are readily available in the States.

Ok sounds like you guys could use some reference material...Halfwheel.com..enjoy!

Ok sounds like you guys could use some reference material...Halfwheel.com..enjoy!

Halfwheel is a great site..Ive referred to it on many occasions. Still, not a publication.