Smoking ROTT

I've always really enjoying everything I've smoked ROTT. The travel time is only a day or two so it's not like it's affecting them much. Usually after a day or three they seem to be worse and them back to normal after a week or two

I used to light em up no sooner than I opened the box. I have had a few seem harsh and after a few weeks or a month sticks out of the same box taste much better.

I now TRY to wait a month. Doesn't always happen.

So what is the issue then with waiting? The time in transit? The change in altitude? The change in humidity? The change in temperature? The rough handling of the parcel?

Just asking what everyone'd logic is other than it just taste better after xx days it's been acclimating in my hometown's air, rh, ozone, etc.

So what is the issue then with waiting? The time in transit? The change in altitude? The change in humidity? The change in temperature? The rough handling of the parcel?

Just asking what everyone'd logic is other than it just taste better after xx days it's been acclimating in my hometown's air, rh, ozone, etc.

Reference post No. 16

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

Reference post No. 16

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

So, when it reaches me, it tastes different because it's dried out from transit? Well, I'm good with that. And often times I find them more pungent on arrival than after 30 days in my winedor.

Just different strokes for different folks. Was just wondering if there is any chemistry or physics behind all this waiting. Every now and then I ask myself "but why?". To me there is no right or wrong. Just trying to gain understanding of different viewpoints. Hell I'm like most amd wait 30 days the majority of the time but don't have any solid reason why I do. If I'm curious about the cigar or about the box I'll smoke ROTT.

So, when it reaches me, it tastes different because it's dried out from transit? Well, I'm good with that. And often times I find them more pungent on arrival than after 30 days in my winedor.

no offense here bro but

you might need to reconsider your storage conditions then

-------------------------------------

there is no rule. you are the rule-maker for yourself. pretty simple. do what you like and how you like it.

however you don't need to be a genius to see that the transit is far away from normal and good storing conditions.

-out from a deadly set warehouse

-35 deg. Celsius post office, lets say 20%Rh (yes it could vary as hell from 90 to 0 and temp-wise too)

-0 deg C 0 Rh airplane, transfer room (depending where but could be up again 30 C, 20Rh) then again

then again and again...

in my case the boxes are going through at least 5 different countries before I put my hands on them. they are shocked.

there is a reason why we are not storing our cigars in a variable condition like that above. there is a reason why we want stable conditions all year round.

so yes it counts

imho

It doesn't matter to me why there is a funky period from transit. My experience tells me there is and the 30 day rule is a good one to use. I've smoked too many cigars ROTT that disappointed to waste any more. Granted, it's harder to wait with a smaller collection. They don't call it the dark side for nothing......

no offense here bro but

you might need to reconsider your storage conditions then

-------------------------------------

there is no rule. you are the rule-maker for yourself. pretty simple. do what you like and how you like it.

Storage conditions is fine....no offense taken.

• Like 1

I rarely have the patience or self-restraint to not light one up when it comes in. After that my excitement usually wanes and I can resist touching the rest of the box for a while after.

• Like 1

Everybody to his own.

But it is funny we have experiences on both sides. I only have 2 both terrible so I wait.

Of course could be any other reason caused by but I blame on the transit. Deep down I know could have been a dud cigar and no connection to the transit conditions. But still I have the patience and tons of cigars to smoke so no need to rush anything