Catch of the day!

Grahamsant

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother and I fishing in Canada. Any Musky fisherman around? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abalone day, we only get 5 Sundays a year and one hr on each Sunday between 7 and 8am ...how deliciously  sweet do they look !      

West Australian Dhu fish ...average size ...Went out with an old sea dog ...does not get any better

good one Muzz its a beauty

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to do some fishing last night. Here is a pic of our set up and the best trout of the night just over 23 inches.

just noticed this one. nice set up and a good fish but i'm curious as to you calling it a trout. really is very different from what i would see as a typical trout - not just the silvery colour (i guess sea run trout could take on that colour) but the shape of the mouth and especially the soft secondary dorsal fin.

love to know more about it.

for me, it has some similarities to what we would see as a small to mid-sized jewfish. good fighting, good eating when small though the biggies can get worms and even without, the flesh less appealing. they can grow big! can be caught mouths of rivers, off rocks and occasionally off the beach.

just noticed this one. nice set up and a good fish but i'm curious as to you calling it a trout. really is very different from what i would see as a typical trout - not just the silvery colour (i guess sea run trout could take on that colour) but the shape of the mouth and especially the soft secondary dorsal fin.

Spotted Seatrout, often just called "trout" by saltwater/brackish water fishermen...definitely not the same as you catch in the rivers of New Zealand, or the mountain streams of Appalachia here in the US...

http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/profiles/saltwater/drums/spotted-seatrout/

• 1 month later...

It was chilly, those pics are from last fall. I just found this thread so I posted them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice , I bet those Fluke are very good eating

They are great but if you overcook them

Even by a drop they are sandpaper. They need to be either lightly cooked just under being done or eaten as sushi/sashimi. Those black seabass on the other hand are great prepared anyway with a very mild flavor and the perfect amount of fat. They are great either scaled and gutted and cooked whole or filleted with the skin on and cooked skin side down for a super crispy skin. Both are great eating fish and the primary inshore fish in my area aside from striped bass

• Like 1

Went for mackerels last sunday with my father in law - got 50 or so between the two of us and ten cods - quite a day! Guy next to us caught more than 70 in the same time. Had family over tonight for grilled mackerels, vinho verde and potatosalad - lovely summer dinner

Went for mackerels last sunday with my father in law - got 50 or so between the two of us and ten cods - quite a day! Guy next to us caught more than 70 in the same time. Had family over tonight for grilled mackerels, vinho verde and potatosalad - lovely summer dinner

In Denmark that is

They are great but if you overcook them

Even by a drop they are sandpaper. They need to be either lightly cooked just under being done or eaten as sushi/sashimi. Those black seabass on the other hand are great prepared anyway with a very mild flavor and the perfect amount of fat. They are great either scaled and gutted and cooked whole or filleted with the skin on and cooked skin side down for a super crispy skin. Both are great eating fish and the primary inshore fish in my area aside from striped bass

Cheers party.gif

Fresh squid

Caught these today, jigging in shallow water , good fun and this fresh very tasty ..all up about two dozen of these spineless creatures gave most of my share away kept a couple for myself and wifey party.gif

post-12719-0-06989000-1439722981_thumb.j[

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...