Why do some bad mouth cc's?

I have experienced that CC are responsing much more to bad storage conditions than NC's. In fact, CC seem to be quite unforgiving when the condition is not optimal. NC's on the other hand will still have an OK falvour in the same non optimal conditions. So I believe that the ppl who badmouth CC's, have smoked not smoked many CC's and chancea are that they have also smoked them in suboptimal conditions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my experence the main reason people bad mouth CC's are varied. Sometimes its due to certain NC manufactures and retailers attempting to downplay the qaulity of the cigars they have no chance of se

Well, I typed out a really long, poignant and articulate response....no really I did, but then I accidentally punched the "back" button, and lost it all. So to paraphrase: "There are a lot of dumb pe

It is possible that some people truly prefer NCs. No reason to call them ignorant, or dumb, or say they are nothing more than greedy business owners.

Would also add that many smoke cigars that are too young, improperly stored, cheaper vitolas, or just bad blends. Cuba may have the best tobacco, but the poorest quality control in the world. I'd rather not smoke at all, than smoke a poorly constructed or blended cigar.

Would also add that many smoke cigars that are too young, improperly stored, cheaper vitolas, or just bad blends. Cuba may have the best tobacco, but the poorest quality control in the world. I'd rather not smoke at all, than smoke a poorly constructed or blended cigar.

Cuban quality control is pretty good,

They roll out millions and millions for all over the world.. that is a feat in itself.

NC roll our less for only the USA and involve a few countries

Of course they should have a better QC.

The fact is the losgistics of what Cuba needs to do is off the scale...

Most of us have a choice of Cuban or NC.. and choose Cuban.

No matter what country you go to.. outside of the USA when it comes to cigars... Cuban is the Gold standard..

And it is that for a reason... its not hype!!!.. its the cigar of choice no matter where you go in the world....

Sure you can find good NC.. but give me a cuban every day of the week...

Why? because it has that X factor that you wont find in any other smoke... sometimes theyre plugged .. sometimes theyre wind tunnels.

More often theyre not theyre Nirvana...

and nothing else comes close.

I could have a case of the same wine and there is a chance one of them may be bad and need to be put down the sink. Anything hand made without equipment and chemicals to help the process will have a variance in quality. Back to my wine analogy, it would be very rare to have a bad can of Coke in a case. Just sayin'... :)

Shops bad mouth CC because they can't sell them.

People bad mouth them because they can't get them.

Or they got glass top 3 pack in Mexico and it sucked!

Yeah, I agree with this. I have met some B&M owners here in the States that badmouth CC's but I think it has more to do them protecting their own interests which I can understand, to an extent. I just see it for what it is. Like you mentioned, I think individuals who badmouth CC's are more than likely victims of fakes at some tourist destination, but aren't aware of it. Either way, I don't get too worked up over what people like or dislike.

Getting into this at this date seems a little silly but here goes…

WHO CARES WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK? I say that within context of course. I mean that there are people that I trust and love and what they think is important to me. I like to learn and to communicate, to opine, so reading the impressions and opinion of others is of interest to me as well. I like to read as well as opine.

What I don't understand, and what I believe my friend David may have been trying to make as a point, is that people have a tendency to believe anything that is repeated frequently. That what is frequently repeated may have no basis in fact and my be totally false!

If you like CC's, who cares what those that don't smoke them say about them? If you like NCC's, why do you care about what a guy who does not smoke them says about them?

Man up! If I say NCC suck, can you still make it though the day? It should be understood that it is only my opinion. It should also be understood that if I don't smoke them because of my bias, I may be totally wrong about them. I can live with that, can you?

I don't smoke NCC cigars. They don't taste good! What is more, I wish they did! It would give me more choices and I could stop basing Tabacuba for their mistakes and simply move to greener fields!

You cannot talk frankly about things if everyone gets their panties in a wad if you (rhetorically) take every other persons' opinions personally…!

The Cubans deserve their bad press in a lot of cases. The NCC makers too, for different reasons.

By talking opinions we are able to take sides and understand others. We can align, couple and uncouple from those that believe like us or other than us. This process makes for ability to sort data to what you consider relevant and irrelevant.

I mean if a guy posts that the Partagas Seleccion Privada is the worst cigar he has ever smoked (one of my favorite cigars) then that is going to tell me something about his experiences and tastes. If he concludes that he prefers NCC's, and cigars over 50 ring I am going to conclude that his tastes don't align with mine. Maybe I might like his politics, or his collection of guns and fishing reels…. I might like him… His taste in cigars will still suck as far as I am concerned!!!

When you opine you indirectly impugn those that have differing opinions. Live with it and dish it back out. If members don't wish to read it or comment on it that is their right. Let them pass you by… Some of us want to know you, we want to know your opinions and reasons for them. We want to know if you are like us or different.

Opinions can make us friends or enemies but in my case it will not be the opinion alone. My respect of a person is based on his character, his behavior, his personality and certainly not his taste. What you write will shape how I think of you. I cannot imagine that I am not summarily judged the same way!

And Ross… a lousy CC is generally better than the best NCC (IMHO) and that is why I have made statements like that in the past. If you wish to send me some great NCC's to prove me wrong; email me!!! -LOL I am through trying to prove to myself that the NCC makers have anything in their lines worth buying let alone smoking!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 3

I could care less what people say as it's their own opinion and I respect that. I think it's just as ridiculous for a NC smoker to say NC cigars are the best, just as much as I think it's ridiculous for CC smokers to say CC's are the best. Taste is subjective and some people prefer full bodied, powerful flavors. Just like coffee, wine etc... some will think the strongest most full bodied flavors are the best. Who is right? Who cares, taste is subjective.

Cuban quality control is pretty good,

They roll out millions and millions for all over the world.. that is a feat in itself.

NC roll our less for only the USA and involve a few countries

Of course they should have a better QC.

The fact is the losgistics of what Cuba needs to do is off the scale...

Most of us have a choice of Cuban or NC.. and choose Cuban.

No matter what country you go to.. outside of the USA when it comes to cigars... Cuban is the Gold standard..

And it is that for a reason... its not hype!!!.. its the cigar of choice no matter where you go in the world....

Sure you can find good NC.. but give me a cuban every day of the week...

Why? because it has that X factor that you wont find in any other smoke... sometimes theyre plugged .. sometimes theyre wind tunnels.

More often theyre not theyre Nirvana...

and nothing else comes close.

Just an FYI the US is by far the largest consumer of premium cigars, smoking 65% of all cigars produced annually (this includes cuban cigars in that worldwide number).

In my opinion the strict quality control in NC sticks is a byproduct of competition and the need to stand out amongst 100s of competing brands.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've noticed a lot of people who do not have "access" to Cuban cigars typically badmouth them.. That along with a lot of Cuban Americans who just don't like Cuba in general.

• Like 1

I've noticed a lot of people who do not have "access" to Cuban cigars typically badmouth them.. That along with a lot of Cuban Americans who just don't like Cuba in general.

I agree. In their defense, why wouldn't you? I'd never talk about how great something is that I cannot obtain. I want to downplay it so that whatever I have looks better. Not that NCs are inferior, well wait, yeah they are! nyah.gif

• Like 1

Who gives a cowpoop.gif !?

In my limited ~8 year experience with the world of CC, I've found time and time again that those who claim CC are overrated have tried little to none! And I've never been big on cigar events at B&Ms with the marketing sleaze... I've spoken to reps that don't even smoke cigars! WTF?

The way I figure it, someone's gotta pay John Drew's, CBid's, and Carlito Fuente's rent, so why not let those who cast aspersions continue to buy up all of the overpriced Liga 9s, Opus, and Padron Anniversarios and I'm gonna go light up this here SLR Regios which I got for roughly half-price of the above-mentioned, over-hyped status sticks.

Maybe many of the Cuban brands simply appeal to my over-hyped palate.

• Like 1

Why do some people bad mouth Cuban Cigars? Probably they bought a box of 2010 Punch Punch? :P

Habanos SA's highly variable quality control creates plenty of opportunity for someone sampling cigars to get a bad one or a bad box.

To be fair, if you have the chance pick up some Winston Churchill Lancasters, it's a sub-brand by Davidoff and the line is all Cuban-seed, filler binder and wrapper. It genuinely does taste like Cuban tobacco, twang and all. Not overly complex but straightforward Cuban tobacco flavour.

It's the only NC that I've smoked that can pass for a medium quality Cuban cigar. I can't remember where the tobacco was grown though.

I happened to find a pack with a sticker on the back that im guessing is the date and theyre from 2006. Is this right CaptainQ?

It's basic human nature to polarise in "positionalities".

Regardless of context, it is prevalent in every interactive scenario, ie; sport, cars, cigars, hobbies etc

Like what you like and appreciate everyone's ability to do same...

Life's about doing your best to "not to be too big of a ****, too much of the time" :)

Acceptance and mutual respect is the key.