Cohiba Siglo VI LUB ENE 14 Video Review

El Presidente

I hope you enjoy the video review which we completed earlier this month. if you are keen on a box of the Cohiba Siglo VI from this code, they are listed on the pinned "my picks" thread. Contact Diana.

• Like 1

Another great review guys..

Have a box of hq bto's from sep 13 and only smoked 1 so far but it was incredible and probably one of my favorite cigars of the year. The wrappers really are a sight to behold..

I really want to age this box as these have the potential to be the best box in my humi, but I have to do everything in my power to stay away. Great stuff hsa!

• Like 1

The drink is called a Michelada !!!!!!

Very Common in my part of the world, even sold in pre made cans!

• Like 1

Another great review guys..

Have a box of hq bto's from sep 13 and only smoked 1 so far but it was incredible and probably one of my favorite cigars of the year. The wrappers really are a sight to behold..

I really want to age this box as these have the potential to be the best box in my humi, but I have to do everything in my power to stay away. Great stuff hsa!

I have had the BTO, UML, POU (2013) and the LUB 2014.

Not a struck match between them in terms of flavour and consistency. Admittedly they are cigars from boxes I have picked for FOH so PE and HQ.

Consistently 93-96 point cigars/ 5 ***** / 9 out of 10 / 12 out of 13 on the Smith scale.

It does bring a smile to my face given how labored the process was in picking great Siglo VI pre the past 8 months.

Still haven't tried anything Cohiba yet, and now I just can't wait. I've mostly been considering the Robusto and Siglo IV. Love these reviews.

Also, I'm 90% sure I have the same shirt as Rob. Tommy Hilfiger?

i really love all the vids... you guys really capture what it's like to be sitting with friends and just enjoying the time, the smoke, poking fun at each other... and just had the 2nd from an HQ BTO 13 box myself while watching team USA pull off the win... surrounded by friends, enjoying the time, the smoke.....

peacock vomit?

roadkill?

I wear only brand name peacock vomit, thank you very much.

does this mean that genios from this period will be good as well? I've read that the blend is the same as in VI

I will see if I can find a Genios from this period and review. I agree that the blend is very similar. A few years back we conducted a test where we swapped wrappers from Genios and Siglo VI. The wrapper changed them into a Genios and Siglo VI. We thought it was remarkable.

The problem with Genios is getting great wrappers. Far too many rough, thick, sandpaper wrappers.

Also, I'm 90% sure I have the same shirt as Rob. Tommy Hilfiger?

Ganton Shirt. Always liked that shirt. ken won't wear a shirt unless it has a stain or hole on/in it.

Ganton Shirt. Always liked that shirt. ken won't wear a shirt unless it has a stain or hole on/in it.

Or a bottle opener . . .

Personally, I like the shirt . . . but then I have taste. :P Ken on the other hand, has clearly sold out to peer pressure and is now wearing slippers! Cannot one be true to one's self? Where art thou soles Kenneth?! :P

Rob, would you say the Siglo VI's now have legs to em to last 10yrs?? In other words if one was going to invest in a special box to smoke maybe once or twice a year would these hold up over 10yrs or maybe even real long term?

Rob, would you say the Siglo VI's now have legs to em to last 10yrs?? In other words if one was going to invest in a special box to smoke maybe once or twice a year would these hold up over 10yrs or maybe even real long term?

Honest response....no idea.

Hunch? .....they aren't far short of the Cohiba Siglo VI 2003 at initial release (I can't recall a 2002 that I tasted). 2003 are still smoking brilliantly now. I can't see a reason why great examples of the current batch won't smoke the same in 10 years.

They (current) simply share so much DNA from the 2003...which also smoked beautifully young.

* Note there is still some current rubbish Siglo VI. i wouldn't spend my coin on USE etal.

I could have stopped watching after that initial close up of Rob's reaction to Ken's liquid concoction...classic party.gif

Nice review lads.

One for Ken, the parrot-lover:-

A guy goes into a pet store to buy a parrot, and, in the cage, sees three for sale.

The first has a gorgeous red plumage, the second a stunning blue plumage, but the third one is a mess - all scrawny and flea ridden, like a rat with wings.

"How much for the red parrot?" he asks the proprietor.

"Ten thousand pounds," comes the answer.

"10 grand? For a parrot? You're kidding me. Why so much?" he asks.

"That parrot is an operatic soprano," replies the proprietor. "It'll sing you any soprano aria from any opera you ask it."

"I can't afford that!" says the customer. "How much for the blue one?"

"Twenty thousand for that one, mate," answers the proprietor.

"You've gotta be kidding me," says the man. "What does that one do?"

"Italian tenor," replies the proprietor. "Sing you any Verdi or Puccini aria you like."

The customer sighs and reluctantly looks at the bedraggled mess that is the third parrot. "Guess I better have that one then."

The proprietor says, "No problem. That'll be £50,000."

"50 grand?" says the customer. "What the f**k can that thing do that's worth 50 grand?"

"We're not sure," says the proprietor, "but the other two call it Maestro."

• 4 weeks later...