Do you know any women that enjoy cigars...other than the 2 on here?

I've checked out some surveys, and I can't find much on the subject. Other than the two regular female posters here (unless some of those listed as "gender=not telling are women) do you know any women that truly enjoy cigars? Are men and women really created so differently that there is something in our genes to create a love of a fine cigar? And why do most men seem to be drawn to a woman smoking a cigar?

I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't put money on there being a genetic basis for the the affinity. Seems psychosocial (and economic) to me. That addresses your last two questions. I do know one woman who enjoys cigars. She is a go-getter and picky about her sticks (tobacco and the men she chooses nyah.gif ). Even the woman who runs the local cigar shop that I was having a smoke at last night smokes cigarettes while all the chums sit around and smoke cigars.

I don't think it has anything to do with genes. Society accepts cigar smoking as a very masculine hobby and one that can be enjoyed by either gender, but will predominantly stay true to a "man's DNA." (See what I did there?)

As far as women smoking cigars, I think the following is true in my opinion: I cannot say that we as men are drawn to all types women smoking a cigar... It's very few and far between, but when I see an attractive, lady like, woman smoking a cigar I must say it is quite appealing. Not only does she satisfy your senses as a man from a physical standpoint you can now connect with her on a level you can both understand.. I think that has much to do with it. For men and women to be always on 2 different sides of the spectrum on many issues, it's refreshing to see that women and men can connect of a similar hobby even if it is deemed masculine.

P.S... My Fiancé smoke on occasion with me..she's a very attractive brunette. Seeing her with a cigar in hand is definitely where it's at for me.

I know at least a dozen or so women who enjoy cigars.

Wow! Like local friends of yours? Enjoy to the same level as you, keep their own stock?

Wow! Like local friends of yours? Enjoy to the same level as you, keep their own stock?

Yes, or acquaintances, or significant others of friends, or other forum members etc... Same level has little meaning. They enjoy cigars. They smoke cigars. They collect cigars. They buy and trade cigars. They hunt cigars down. etc...Really not a big thing at all.

Well... --blush-- I have a couple friends who smoke cigars as well... My Dad's cousin (doesnt that make her a great aunt or something?) used to smoke Panetelas back in the early 60's (I'm sure if she's still around she's still enjoying them!) which is where I think I realized it wasn't a boys-only thing. It is true - we are few and far between, and those of us I know also have somewhat dangerous oer unusual jobs, or have rather, um, cosmopolitian and interesting lives, and also enjoy some of the other finer things (motorcycles, single malts, flying, etc.) so if there was a general female archetype I think that would be it - those who tend not to be followers, but leaders (or as I think, Vixen rather than Ewes).

I think, however, being around men who enjoy cigars was a definite plus... and while I am currently (and giddily happily) married, there's something very, very sexy about a good looking, well dressed man enjoying a cigar.

By the way, I don't know any of us girls who don't have at least one of their own humidor(s)... actually, I just saw the page about converting a china cabinet to a humidor, and, well... I'm digging out the table saw this morning! --lol--

• Like 3

Well... --blush-- I have a couple friends who smoke cigars as well... My Dad's cousin (doesnt that make her a great aunt or something?) used to smoke Panetelas back in the early 60's (I'm sure if she's still around she's still enjoying them!) which is where I think I realized it wasn't a boys-only thing. It is true - we are few and far between, and those of us I know also have somewhat dangerous oer unusual jobs, or have rather, um, cosmopolitian and interesting lives, and also enjoy some of the other finer things (motorcycles, single malts, flying, etc.) so if there was a general female archetype I think that would be it - those who tend not to be followers, but leaders (or as I think, Vixen rather than Ewes).

I think, however, being around men who enjoy cigars was a definite plus... and while I am currently (and giddily happily) married, there's something very, very sexy about a good looking, well dressed man enjoying a cigar.

By the way, I don't know any of us girls who don't have at least one of their own humidor(s)... actually, I just saw the page about converting a china cabinet to a humidor, and, well... I'm digging out the table saw this morning! --lol--

Very interesting! and I'm not suggesting that women need to have the same level of interest to enjoy a smoke together by any means just saying there are so few maybe 3 :-) out of several thousand on this site alone

Also have a handful of female friends and acquaintances who collect and smoke regularly just like all of us... Not on a large scale but still know there cigars. Most are located abroad not in the US. I find it rare in the US to meet women smoking cigars and I'm sure that has something to do with the cultural stigma towards it. Most guys I know who don't smoke cigars find it strange or out of character for a female to be smoking a cigar. But that all boils down to the stereotypes of what a "woman should be" in the US and the way these men were brought up in the 50s and 60s on what is masculine and what is feminine. It's faulty of course... IMO I love to smoke fine cigars with my female friends (when I have the chance) as I always find it refreshing and seems a woman has more senses aligned to what makes a beautiful cigar!!

I am sitting with one right now - sister in law of one of my best friends and she just dug two Wide Churchill Tubos out of her purse :) She's "one if the guys" - knows about cars, soccer, et cetera. My wife also enjoys the occasional stick with me. Female cigar smokers are out there.

I have to say I'm really intrigued and pleased by the subject matter here! The original poster must've been speaking of Canadian Beaver and myself as the only 2 known women here! But as for the subject of us women cigar smokers it has to be kept in mind; some of us are from "old school" days whereby it was considered definitely unladylike to be seen as such. I'm from the period of the 1970's as far as socializing, beebopping around, running around with the "guys", etc. I'd initially started out trying a pipe and in 1978 on my Army post and out at restaurants (you could smoke inside in those days) I could definitely read and feel the negative blowback from my fellow platoon members, in that it no doubt must've looked either "funny" or whatever for me to be puffing my pipe. Nobody said anything, but one could read the vibes. To have continued would have been like my deciding to be an ******* to everybody. When we went out again while off duty, and I was fishing around inside my bag, one of my companions said with apprehension, "You're not fishing for that pipe are you?" and I said no, because I wasn't. I'd gotten the hint from before. It's not like I'm the kind of person who tailors my hobbies to please others instead of myself, but I do believe in being reasonable and cordial. And if it's a case of possible embarrassment, well - why do it? Also, for my own personal outlook - I just refuse to be seen in public with a cigar in my mouth, despite the numerous invitations to do so at the local tobacconists shops. As far as other women I know in my immediate locale who also love cigars and stores them as I do - none. My 2 cents

• Like 1

I have to say I'm really intrigued and pleased by the subject matter here! The original poster must've been speaking of Canadian Beaver and myself as the only 2 known women here!

:) you are correct on that one, I was hoping I would hear from both of you! sad to think that anyone would treat women differently in this day in age for smoking a cigar, I think most men definitely find it sexy!

Tons of women smoke cigars. Do some online research. There are forums and on FB, in the Habanos group many of here post on, there are pictures of women smoking every day. It is true that often I am the only woman in the group and I ask for trouble with beaver in my name, but I like cigars enough to get past it pretty quick!

Tons of women smoke cigars. Do some online research. There are forums and on FB, in the Habanos group many of here post on, there are pictures of women smoking every day. It is true that often I am the only woman in the group and I ask for trouble with beaver in my name, but I like cigars enough to get past it pretty quick!

I'll have to go do some more online research, but I have looked and have seen mostly the women that appear to look like some of those with vixen in their name for instance. Maybe there are more women on this site than I thought, I did miss a couple in my initial count. And I'm glad you brought up the Beaver part in your name, I've been curious how you came to choose that?

I knew a dozen women who are smoking cigars and have a nice stock (good aged cigars).

Hey you should see my boxes of cigars.

And I am a wild thing?? Eh sometimes.

But I am a bad girl - and I get everywhere!

My 2 cents.

I just refuse to be seen in public with a cigar in my mouth, despite the numerous invitations to do so at the local tobacconists shops. As far as other women I know in my immediate locale who also love cigars and stores them as I do - none. My 2 cents

You obviously have been smoking for years, I'd like to think it's safe to come out in public...so what do you look for in a good cigar, what do they do for you?

Hey you should see my boxes of cigars.

Dang, I missed another one on here...it'd be awesome if you would share some pics!

Every B&M i value in Toronto (4 of them i can think of right now) has at least one female, cigar-smoking employee.

Hope I didn't offend you in the shoutbox, but you were the "gender=not telling" I was referring to in this post...still not telling?!

Of the dozen of women I know?

Of me?

Of my stock?

Or my bad habit?

smile.png all of the above...but I assumed you were talking cigar boxes?!

You obviously have been smoking for years, I'd like to think it's safe to come out in public...so what do you look for in a good cigar, what do they do for you?

*Oh yeah, I know it's safe to come out in public, especially these days, and smoke my stogies. I just don't choose to do so. I've got my reasons. I've been a cigar lover since 1986, way before the "Boom" everybody knows it as. Also, possibly differing from most of my female brethren (wink2.gif) I like my cigar strong, heavy, knock-me-out, set-me-down, spin my head strong. I also like Habana-esque, "Twang", and that flavor & aroma of honeyed brandywine, and toasted bread made from the hearth with love! I'll also do a Brazilian Mata Fina, Ecuadorian, and Cameroon tobacco and/or wrapper on my Non-CC's. Padron 45th Family Reserve and Oliva V Melanio are some fine, fantastic smokes outside of Havana that I've found very do-able. My favorite Habanas are Montecristo, Partagas, Por Larranaga, BOLIVAR!!! and Ramon Allones. I also do soooo miss the lonsdales sizes these Por Larry's and RA's used to come in *sigh* Hey, thanks for bringing up this very interesting and informative topic, Bradbrennan! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Ok... This is getting too funny. Sky.. Reel in this guy!

Ladies smoking in public? See my box? Why is my name beaver?

Am I going to have to start posting pictures?

I have news. 99% of the posters here are women. They just won't admit it.

PS just friended you B

• Like 1