Cigar + Coffee = Heaven

For those of you who enjoy a good cup of Joe w/ your smoke, do you have a favorite cigar that goes with that? For me, right now the Gloria R series Maduro are working nicely. A creamy chocolate seems to jump off the back of my teeth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I woudn't spoil my coffee with a NC…

Any specific cheese or will a slice of yellow American cheese be good enough? So, ALL cheese goes with ALL wine? Is that your point? What do smug replies say about the person who posts them?

ALL habanos go well with a cup of coffee - all of them. The pairing is as old as "cheese + wine" or "bread + butter"…

I usually smoke all my cigars with a coffee.

Not sure sometimes if it masks/hides some of the flavours but I do enjoy my coffee, so figure it would be a great match!!

Do often wonder if the one sugar that I do have in it brings out sweetness in cigars also. Cany complain either way though.

• Like 1

Home brewed Dunkin coffee (all from MA say Amen)

PSD4 if really brave

or Parti Short

have done a a RASS or three

would like to try a Monte 4

or RYJ Short CH

• Like 1

Well, I agree about any CC with coffee, but talking about it doesn't make me grouchy :D

My favorite lately has been espresso beans from a local roaster paired with my 2011 Montecristo Especials no.2, but a great weekday cheap and cheerful lately has been my drip coffee and a Raphael Gonzales Panetelas extra

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of the Party Short with a long black. Smithy put me onto this pairing and it's now a regular for me. I have also tried pc's (monte 4 and plpc) and they go well.

It's more a time thing for me. Anything longer than a 45min smoke I prefer to pair with alcohol, otherwise I'd need more than 2 coffees and would be climbing the walls!

• Like 1

Saint, I bet the cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde would be great with a Monte 4. I love all French Quarter coffee, but there's something about the Cafe Du Monde coffee that I really love.

Puts me in the mood to ride over to the Big Sleazy. My favorite cigar bar is La Booze at the Royal Sonesta. The people watching, especially the goings on at Rick's Cabaret across the street, is pure entertainment value.

• Like 1

HDM EP#2 - I find a sweetness in this that I enjoy when I have it with a cup.

The Tatauje PCRs I've had with coffee have been great, really intensified the cigar.

• Like 2

Saint, I bet the cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde would be great with a Monte 4. I love all French Quarter coffee, but there's something about the Cafe Du Monde coffee that I really love.

Puts me in the mood to ride over to the Big Sleazy. My favorite cigar bar is La Booze at the Royal Sonesta. The people watching, especially the goings on at Rick's Cabaret across the street, is pure entertainment value.

There truly is something special about the au lait from Du Monde and next time I am home which hopefully will be soon I will try that combo. On a separate note the people watching in Rick's isn't so bad either!!!

• Like 1

Lately I've been reaching for H Upmann PC with a the morning coffee...spectacular combo.

• Like 1

Good on you for starting a topic....for those who spoil it well let them go don't waste your time responding..partagas short a great coffee smoke and Fuente Short Story is an amazing cigar to have with a coffee Natural and Maduro.

Any specific cheese or will a slice of yellow American cheese be good enough? So, ALL cheese goes with ALL wine? Is that your point? looking.gif

What do smug replies say about the person who posts them?

• Like 3

Because i dont drink alcohol much, (beer can sit in the fridge for more than 8mths without being touched lol) the majority of my smoking is paired with a coffee, cappucino or americano etc. I would even say some work better with black coffee and some with a bit of cream. The following are pairs (CC's and NC's) ive tried and love.

So far with a mild black coffee - PLMC, Hdm Palmas Extras, Psd4, SLR Regios, RyJ SC, AF Short Story, Bolivar PC, La Traviata Ninfas

Mild Coffee with cream - HUpmann Half Corona, RG Perlas, Cohiba Sig1, Sig2, RASS, Tabac, Bolivar RC, Nica Puro, Casa Magna

Problem now is that if i want to smoke in the evening i am deterred by the fact that i dont want to have coffee at night lol so i always find it hard to pair a cigar with nether coffee or an alcoholic drink...water can get boring and decaf taste like crap lol and soda just dosent do it for me...could be a new topic for me to post :P

• Like 1