What are 'The Big 6' as it relates to cuban marcas?

I always thought '**** up' meant dead.....

^^ This^^

It can mean both

Yea, is JLP seriously considered a big marca? Maybe it's the stigma around it, but I have no desire to try one.

Of course it's a big marca. They're everywhere in Europe. And you miss something not wanting to try them. The Petit Cazadores, regularly rated 3 stars out of 5 in the Havanoscope, for instance. I know some guys who can afford much pricier cigars, who have them in their rotation…

Today's Piedras have nothing in common with those from 10 years ago.

• Like 1

Yea, is JLP seriously considered a big marca? Maybe it's the stigma around it, but I have no desire to try one.

Of course it's a big marca. They're everywhere in Europe. And you miss something not wanting to try them. The Petit Cazadores, regularly rated 3 stars out of 5 in the Havanoscope, for instance. I know some guys who can afford much pricier cigars, who have them in their rotation…

Today's Piedras have nothing in common with those from 10 years ago.

+1 on Frank. As we say on another forum "Sometimes only a JLP will do" :D

I've heard that term regarding accounting firms in the 1990's:

Arthur Anderson

Coopers & Lybrand

Deloitte & Touche

Ernst & Young

KPMG

Price Waterhouse

Those consolidated in to the Final 4:

Deloitte

PwC

E&Y

KPMG

IBM bought PwC, E&Y is renamed EY, we've still got KPMG and Deloitte so I guess there's now just the 3.

Hope we don't see that kind of consolidation in Habanos brands though the blends are seeming to merge along with the loss of vitolas.....

When I started working it was the big 8:

Arthur Anderson

Coopers & Lybrand

Deloitte

Touche Ross

Ernst & Whinney

Arthur Young

Peat Marwick(aka KPMG)

Price Waterhouse

Yes, I know. I'm ancient! :P

^^^ Me too. Three out of four kids in my family married CA's (including me). My mom always said that marrying an MD was a waste of time. If they screw up the worst that will happen is you will die. If your accountant screws up, you will live - in jail.

Back on topic, the thing I love most about Cuban cigars is the catalog of brands is limited and constant. Non-Cuban brands are trendy, expanding, and are built on what we used to refer to in the brand biz as "instant heritage".

• 2 weeks later...