Which one art thou Romeo?

Whilst studying the bible (Trevor's website) I noticed that RyJ Mille fleur, Cedros de luxe #3, Romeo #2 and petit coronas are all the same vitola (petit coronas).

So in lieu of me buying a few of each, what are the flavor differences of these four?

Which is "the best"?

Are they all just the same thing, different box?

In broader terms. Why does RyJ have sooooo many and arguably better marcas have so few

In broader terms. Why does RyJ have sooooo many and arguably better marcas have so few

Because RyJ is a classic, successfull marca for over a century in different markets worldwide – "better marcas" is meaningless…

btw the pc and the Cedros de Luxe #3 are technically marevas, not petit coronas. The petit coronas are those that were formerly machine made (Mille Fleur, Romeo #2).

They all taste different but you'll never really know the difference as long as you have not tested them…

• Like 3

Because RyJ is a classic, successfull marca for over a century in different markets worldwide – "better marcas" is meaningless…

btw the pc and the Cedros de Luxe #3 are technically marevas, not petit coronas. The petit coronas are those that were formerly machine made (Mille Fleur, Romeo #2).

They all taste different but you'll never really know the difference as long as you have not tested them…

Okay... But what do you find the differences are?

I'm not trying to knock RyJ at all here BTW. Everything I've smoked I have definitely enjoyed and I'm going to grab a few of each to compare. It just seems strange to me that HSA have discontinued cigars that people here love, but leave others that are so similar.

That's interesting about the different names for machine and hand made cigars. I didn't know that, cheers.

I don't think saying "arguably better marcas" is meaningless at all, I'm sure there are many who would argue there are better. I don't have enough experience to argue that yet, but I'm sure there are those that do

Peace

Personally I wouldn't bother. Money better spent elsewhere IMHO.

How many of each have you smoked?

In 2012, the RyJ Mille Fleur was 2nd best seller in France, and the Romeo No.2 was the 3rd best seller worldwide (in value) and the 4th in volume...

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't bother. Money better spent elsewhere IMHO.

Respect your opinion but have to disagree. RyJ's unique profile suits my palate just fine and I would recommend trying them all. I wouldn't say one is better than the other but they are all slightly different and worth a shot.

Gotta agree with Clint. The Mille Fleurs are one of my regular cheap & cheerful smokes and over the last 5 years I've gone through 5-6 boxes of them.

Respect your opinion but have to disagree. RyJ's unique profile suits my palate just fine and I would recommend trying them all. I wouldn't say one is better than the other but they are all slightly different and worth a shot.

Gotta agree with Clint. The Mille Fleurs are one of my regular cheap & cheerful smokes and over the last 5 years I've gone through 5-6 boxes of them.

I'm happy for you both. I'm not arguing, simply stating my preferences. Cheers fellas.

• Like 1

I have to agree with a few here. If a PC is what you are in search of, spend your coin on other cigars.

Everything Smallclub has said - although I think the point you are making is finding the best in the small cigar category - and will add that when a marca has so many variations in the vitola, you can expect them to portray a specific characteristic of the mother blend. For example, I love, love, loooove Mille Fleurs, Coronitas en Cedro, and Romeo #2. Yes, all similar sizes, but very different.

I'm thankful for this thread as I've been wondering the same thing as the OP. I've been itching to try some RyJ's, but they don't seem to get much love, so I've been hesitant. Nice to see there are folks out there that enjoy them and will offer up suggestions. Thanks guys! :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm thankful for this thread as I've been wondering the same thing as the OP. I've been itching to try some RyJ's, but they don't seem to get much love, so I've been hesitant. Nice to see there are folks out there that enjoy them and will offer up suggestions. Thanks guys! :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I really like the Romeo #2s. They can be a bit hit and miss but they're a nice smoke for friends that don't collect but are around for a smoke. They're also cheap for me from a little deli nearby work so end up grabbing them quite often when I'm wanting a smoke during the day. Plan to grab a few of the others in the next few weeks and have a little comparo