What to choose? Hoyo

I am considering a box of Hoyo, but can not decide between du Gourmet and du Maire.

Which would be the best buy in your opinion? All input besides buy one of each is appreciated...

Havent tried the du maires but i smoke the du gourmets regularly and love them, they smoke great fresh but are also amazing after 5 years plus. I just hope the discontinuation rumours arent true

Any idea how they age? Gat a chance to pick up a box from June-99.

i'd do it if the prices are the same.

keep in mind that 98-02 sticks are a toss up because of the cigar boom. i've never had issues when buying because i've always asked around. honestly, i'd just go for the '13 sticks. was offered 98, 04, 06, and 13 and i'd personally pick up the '13 over all of them!

If sticks from 99 are still available, there's usually a reason no one has bought them yet, a lot of construction issues around 99/00

I just hope the discontinuation rumours arent true

I hope not.

Got my first box of Du Gourmets this year, an 07 box code. I absolutely love them, very moreish, certainly going become a staple for me.

I actually hadn't heard the rumours of it getting cut, any more info?

Mines not working great either....Discontinuation rumours were here

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115370

I don't think anything was officially confirmed however some of them seem to make sense; when was the last time you saw a RYJ Exhibicion 3?

Hope not though; losing Du gourmets/SLR Serie A / SLR DC / JLPC and Des Dieux is like deleting half of my top 10 cigars

Have a couple of '03 Cabs of Des Dieux. Delightful, very complex light-medium bodied smokes. When I want something lighter bodied these always hit the spot.

Thanks for all input guys. As always an array of opinions. But I lean towards a box of fresh du Depute based on your answers.

Once again, this is the wonder of this community, that people I have never met take their time to give advice.

du Depute, great size. du Marie is too small. du Prince is awesome too.

I second the du Depute