Cigar Sleepers.....

had a great morning taking my youngest Tom to his volleyball game followed up with Yum Cha in Chinatown. Superb as usual (the yum cha...volleyball....not so much lol3.gif )

I have popped into work this afternoon to do some catch up after the normal Friday afternoon hijnks yesterday.

Fired up a Punch Punch BAM FEB 13.

I have pretty much finished it at this time but one of the cigars of the year. I have been spruking Punch Punch 2013 for some time and this cigar yet again reinforces my thoughts. It is right up there with the best of the Punch Super Seleccion No 2 from years ago.

What cigar sleepers are out there out of current production? The cigars many pass over but are smoking brilliantly fresh?

Just fired up a SCDLH Principe while the whole family was asleep! Just a delicious cigar and hits the ground running with cherry notes, and some spice mixed in. Not very complex but it has that sweet spot that I long for in a cigar and get it all the way through.Not to mention not very expensive either.

• Like 1

IMO the Monte PE is often overshadowed by several others in the Monte lineup (#2, Especial, #4 etc.), but to me it's the most consistent performing Monte in the marca.

Give me a box of PE over these flashy, new, overpriced releases of the Petit no. 2 & Double Edmundos any day.

Recent R&J Cazzies and QDO Coronas have been just fantastic fresh, yes they were hand picked by Rob, but still fresh, little sleep, they have been awesome!

Deets, we want deets. What were the favors that grabbed you? At this point I wouldn't be surprised at anything from burning rubber tires to ice cream and honey from Punch, and I'm a fan! :P

Deets, we want deets. What were the favors that grabbed you? At this point I wouldn't be surprised at anything from burning rubber tires to ice cream and honey from Punch, and I'm a fan! tongue.png

Lashings of honey, toasted tobacco and sour/spiced cream. From the get go to the last third. Brilliant. 94 Cigar.

Fired up a Punch Punch BAM FEB 13.

I have pretty much finished it at this time but one of the cigars of the year. I have been spruking Punch Punch 2013 for some time and this cigar yet again reinforces my thoughts. It is right up there with the best of the Punch Super Seleccion No 2 from years ago.

Punch Punch Tubos for 5 YO + > Punch Super Selection No. 2

Well, that's my opinion anyways. The sweetness of that Punch Punch from the tubes is the only difference. The SS just doesn't have that and doesn't have the kick. I find the new Punch Punches way too strong to smoke new. Rather go with the Coronations or Royal Coronations that i absolutely adore when they're young.

And recently, the H. Upmann Connie As have been smoknig amazingly when young. I think it's the aftertaste that's the best. They seem to have a greening period between 3-9 months of their rolling. But before that, they were phenomenal. Can't want to see what happens after 1 year!

IMO the Monte PE is often overshadowed by several others in the Monte lineup (#2, Especial, #4 etc.), but to me it's the most consistent performing Monte in the marca.

Give me a box of PE over these flashy, new, overpriced releases of the Petit no. 2 & Double Edmundos any day.

x2

+1 on the Monte PE. This is only Monte I like enough to buy a box.

Rob,

I couldn't agree more about the recent Punch Punch boxes. I tried some in '09 and was underwhelmed. Then I tried some about 6 months ago and I've been buying/smoking them up lately. I'm actually due for some more...

2012 and 2011 Connie 1s are just awesome now. Not much of a sleeper but HdM Epi 2s as well. I am going through a lot of these waiting patiently for my stock to age hungry.gif

Agreed. Recent epi 2's are going to be hard to put down for some age as I cannot stay away from them. Have to have gone through 2 SLB's already. Glad I have at least one 50 cab which I won't touch.

Hmmm...underrated cigars of recent vintage...Can't say Connie #1 or Half Corona anymore because they've been butchered going into '13, along with most other cigars I've tried in the past year.

I'll go with LGC #2 MUR MAR-JUL13 codes. Doesn't look like anyone's really buying or smoking them other than a few. Consensus was that this release was reminiscent of the glorious '02s when they were fresh.

I'm about halfway through a box of H Upmann PC from 2013. Excellent cigar-construction and taste have been consistently high.

Good to hear about recent Punch Punch. I have a box of tubes of BAM FEB 13. Haven't smoked one yet, but they look like great quality. Just recently picked up a 25ct box of BAM OCT 13 and I'm happy to report that this box looks just as good!

• Like 1