USA's cigar.land

USA

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cigars are one of my really huge passions. They are a good companion for me at home and at work. I've said to me: If you work long and hard, you have the right to do a good chill-out. For this I have

But the most cigars I have in my Swiss cigar bunker... here they have silence and are aging perfectly...

Help! A Punch Poderosos ER 2009 Suiza stalagmite is growing, until under the ceiling of my office!

I really don't have a word to appropriately describe how I felt looking over the last few pages aside from awe. Amazing collection, sir! I would be a liar if I said I wasn't the least bit jealous. I don't expect I will ever amass a collection on the scale of yours, but it is certainly a thing of beauty. I look forward to watching it grow as long as you are willing to let us all watch.

Sent from my mind using telekinesis and Tapatalk.

I missed this thread being in Havana and just spent a very pleasant 45 minutes reading, enjoing the pictures and the good-natured comments.

My sincere compliments, Urs!

You are the second Urs that I know with a passion for cigars, the other being my friend Urs Portmann who just was awarded Habano Man 2014 - I'm sure you'd be in pole position for getting the collectors Habano Man award should there be one ...

Thank you for letting us be part of this and for sharing all the information and excellent pictures here.

I was quite excited when I saw your bunker pictures and discovered that you also use what look like Zarges Boxes - that is my preferred and trusted storage method at home.

Can you elaborate please if these are indeed Zarges ( or equivalent ) boxes and if you use any humidifier in them ?

Danke und ein Gruss voller Respekt für diese konsequente Verfolgung der Leidenschaft nach Zürich !!

Nino

• Like 4

Today is a special day. I have finished the last chapter of my 3rd book. Now the publisher can do the finish.

This is indeed a reason to celebrate!

Montecristo No. 2 - Gran Reserva Cosecha 2005

A very silky smoke, strong milk-coffee, layers of milk-chocolate and a spicy hint of cardamon. A fantastic smoke - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This!

As a perfect companion I've choosen a dry red wine, Tua Rita - Syrah - Rosso Toscana 2005.

It shows a very dry and perfect tannin - it's like a little man dries your tongue with a small Cleenex. It's perfect integrated into a broad flavour, of a basket full of ripe wild-berries.

What a wonderful world... speechles - enjoy!

Very nice choices, Zalto glasses?

Urs, could you elaborate a bit on your tasting of the San Cristobal Torreon, please?

Best,

Michel

I couldn't find my notes. If I do a retasting, I will submit the new impressions.

USA, you enjoy the chateau montrose at all? Just had a 2001 and it was fantastic. A fav of mine

Yes I do. Montrose is a save value. It has a real price in 'en primeur' subscriptions, what couldn't be said for the first growth's in Bdx. Montrose is one of my favourites, because they produce near each year a fantastic quality.

What are your other fav's?

Man that's BEAUTIFUL , if I'm ever Switzerland I'm visiting ( will bring a great Aussie wine with me) Hill of Grace!smile.png

With a Hill of Grace my doors are more than open for you!

• Like 1

I missed this thread being in Havana and just spent a very pleasant 45 minutes reading, enjoing the pictures and the good-natured comments.

My sincere compliments, Urs!

You are the second Urs that I know with a passion for cigars, the other being my friend Urs Portmann who just was awarded Habano Man 2014 - I'm sure you'd be in pole position for getting the collectors Habano Man award should there be one ...

Thank you for letting us be part of this and for sharing all the information and excellent pictures here.

I was quite excited when I saw your bunker pictures and discovered that you also use what look like Zarges Boxes - that is my preferred and trusted storage method at home.

Can you elaborate please if these are indeed Zarges ( or equivalent ) boxes and if you use any humidifier in them ?

Danke und ein Gruss voller Respekt für diese konsequente Verfolgung der Leidenschaft nach Zürich !!

Nino

Many thanks Nino, for your kind words!

It's a honor for me to get such compliments from the man, with one of the best cigar blogs worldwide!

I think, if there would be a Habanos award, it should go to Min Ron NEE, for his passion and great books.

It's nice to hear you are knowing Urs Portmann. It's really a small planet! I will visit him, with Knopper, next Friday, before we go to the Casa H in Bucharest.

My boxes are from Alutec München (http://www.alutec.net/index.php?home_en-1). They are similar to Zarges. I don't humidify them internally. They are in a large temperature- and humidity- controlled room. They are more used for the protection of batches, against buggies.

If you stay in Zurich or Kreuzlingen, don't hesitate to drop me a note, to enjoy a good smoke together.

Liebe Grüsse aus Zürich

Urs

• Like 1

Congrats on the book! What's the subject/genre?

It's a book about server-virtualization with VMware vSphere 5.5, the networking part.