USA's cigar.land

USA

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cigars are one of my really huge passions. They are a good companion for me at home and at work. I've said to me: If you work long and hard, you have the right to do a good chill-out. For this I have

But the most cigars I have in my Swiss cigar bunker... here they have silence and are aging perfectly...

Help! A Punch Poderosos ER 2009 Suiza stalagmite is growing, until under the ceiling of my office!

My presentation for today: Colección Habanos 2012 - Cuaba Bariay.

In my opinion the Bariay tastes near simmilar to the Cuaba Diademas. But the Diademas is much cheaper.

Enjoy!

So often people just hoard and never smoke these htf releases. Happy to see somebody out there enjoying them!

Cuaba Diadema and Salomones, so very good, probably not long for this world though sadly.

Urs - notice how much more positive the reactions are here compared to the German forum? smile.png

Yep Claus,

It's a huge difference. Here the people are open minded.

Thank you for your tip to escape from there and to come here, to share the passion with others!

• Like 2

Urs, can you describe the flavour of the cigar a bit. Thx.

It has a well balanced aroma, creamy smoke, flavours of hay, dried figs, a bit of gingerbread and a fine sweetnes.

In my opinion it is definetely a fantastic cigar.

• Like 1

Today I present a part of my control-system. To know which temperature and humidity my humidors have, I use WiFi probes from Rotronic. They are dataloggers who can save and submit the data. I send the data into my control-cloud, where also the datacenter-monitoring takes place. If something bad happens and a trigger is reached, I get a message to my smartphone.

I deploy the probes combined. One is in a small box (formerly Cuaba Diademas) and 'feels like a cigar', the other is attached to the box and feels the direct temperature and humidity in the humidor itself.

post-19964-0-18225200-1393751836_thumb.j

post-19964-0-43415900-1393751856_thumb.j

• Like 3

Today I present a part of my control-system. To know which temperature and humidity my humidors have, I use WiFi probes from Rotronic. They are dataloggers who can save and submit the data. I send the data into my control-cloud, where also the datacenter-monitoring takes place. If something bad happens and a trigger is reached, I get a message to my smartphone.

I deploy the probes combined. One is in a small box (formerly Cuaba Diademas) and 'feels like a cigar', the other is attached to the box and feels the direct temperature and humidity in the humidor itself.

A sensor inside a cedar box?! In addition to units inside the humidor itself? That's a great idea. What's the environmental delta between the two readings? Good tactic.

Thanks for sharing, I love opening this thread each day to see what's new. Very clasy, and to see the lengths you go to take care of your "collection," I can tell your very driven and passionate. Keep them coming my friend.

Thanks for your generosity in sharing your acquisitions with us, Urs. Looking forward to you sharing your experiences with us.

What's the environmental delta between the two readings? Good tactic.

The delta could be 10% or more, if you have opened the humi for a minute. The sensor in the box doesn't notice that.

Partagas Lusitanias is one of my favourite cigars. To have a Lusitania, as a Grand Reserva is great! There is a huge difference - 1st triple the price of the standard one, 2nd the Gran Reserva is much more complex - a creamy silky smoke. Is it worth? Yes, but only for special moments.

B-E-A-Utiful!! Thanks so much for sharing the experience with us!