30 day Churchill Challenge - It's for the children!

LordAnubis

Thanks Rob for putting the posts up. In Dubai at the moment picked up a nice box of cigars for the London herf. Will be late putting a pic up. No pic for the day so will have to get a pic on the A380 to london. Hopefully with a hostie :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Challenge: Most of you probably know i'm not too regular a smoker (generally one cigar a week, and normally a PC size). I am doing a challenge where i smoke a Churchill cigar every day for 30 day

Day 1: Ok so no find the cigar in this one.. this is a special cigar so wanted to show it off First day, kicking this challenge off with a Partagas Gran Reserva. It's fly out night so all the peopl

Day 29: Penultimate cigar! Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Haban

post-15810-13932299108835.jpg

Day 18:

A bit late today, but oh well. Day full of flying today. Amman to Dubai. A few hours in transit then on to london.

Of course spent all my transit time at the cigar shop at the airport going through stock and picking out a box to take with to London when I meet up with the boys there. It's a shame the staff at the Dubai airport know nothing at all about cigars. They get shitty when you ask them to open boxes.

A customer came in and asked what cigars to buy. The sales guy says. "Cohiba is the best brand, everyone buys that". I actually laughed out loud. Then he was telling another new customer that you just keep your cigars in the box, that's all you do. No talk about humidor or storage conditions or anything. I piped up and told the guy the truth.

Tomorrow I spend the day on Aussie soil. Main reason to go to london is to renew my passport. The Aus embassy in London can do it within the week for me so that's good. Plus I'm comfortable being in London for a few days with no valid passport. Anywhere else in the world, not so much.

Couldn't figure out what to take a picture of. The air hostesses were not of sufficient standard to warrant a photo or three :) Waiting for me in London was this post card from a friend though, how nice is she!

post-15810-13932733331974.jpg

Day 19:

Slow day again today. Landed in London and got cracking on the things I need to do. First moved all my clothes into the smaller back pack. So now I can carry everything on board rather than checking luggage in and having to wait for it to come out on the conveyor belt.

Then sorted the passport stuff out which was quicker than expected. So I am officially without documentation here. Does that make me an illegal?

Then did some shopping for a coffee maker and some coffee. Bought the aeropress and some Kenyan coffee. Will give it a trial run tonight. Also will try brewing the Jordanian coffee with cardamon, see if I can get close to the way they make it in Jordan.

Cigar was disappointing. A plug.

post-15810-13933674636606.jpg

Day 20:

Today woke up to Melbourne weather so instead of doing outside stuff went to Harrods with a friend. Didn't do anything just walked around to have a look. Took the opportunity to take some photos to cross a few items off Josh's list. Good day spent walking around.

Evening was a catchup with the London boys. Great catch up again with several smokes sacrificed and good times had by all. Cheers for the laughs boys, see ya in May! Martin got me a new shirt as well! That increases my wardrobe by 33%!

Tomorrow I go for a medical and I hand my testicles in at the door and go to see a musical called The Book of Mormon. I wonder if it'll be like the south park episode. Will report back tomorrow.

Did the Davidoff store still have their stash of cuban Davidoff No.1 and No.3. If your still in London you gotta check out the cigar patio at Lanesborough hotel. They have a humidor with Davidoff Dom Perignon and the original release of the Behike.

Did the Davidoff store still have their stash of cuban Davidoff No.1 and No.3. If your still in London you gotta check out the cigar patio at Lanesborough hotel. They have a humidor with Davidoff Dom Perignon and the original release of the Behike.

Sadly The Lanesborough is closed for renovations until the end of the year

post-15810-13934461246054.jpg

Day 21:

Had a medical this morning. Passed with flying colours. Full check up, ECG, lots of blood tests, hearing, lung function and even a chest X-ray just for fun. I asked to get a xray done of my head with a cigar in my mouth. The nurse didn't see the humorous nature of the request.

Then went to a new store that the London boys were talking about. Dunhill tobacco store on St James Street just a few shops down the road from JJ Fox and Davidoff. The store was great. They have the very rare Dunhill Cuban cigars from the 60s and the 80s. Very expensive. I sat in the store and smoked a Punch Churchill from 1999. Was great. Tom one of the workers there sat down with me and had a Churchill as well. Great bloke. Had a great smoke and a chat about life and all other things. Highly recommend the store to anyone in London. They have this cool room that shows a map where tobaccos are from and has individual type of tobacco on a wheel thing which you can smell and understand the different types. Very informative room.

Afternoon saw The Book of Mormon. I'm not into musicals, but it was ok. The story was interesting and I liked the performances from the actors. I didn't find it all that hilarious though. Still, least I can say I went.

post-15810-13935401674392.jpg

Day 22:

Sleep in today, then first thing went to get my new passport from the embassy. My passport number is changed now I have to memorize the number again :(. Ohh well at least my new passport photo doesn't look too terroristy. I am Australian again!

Got back into the train and realized I was on the wrong one when the train didn't stop till it got out into countryside. Was a good day to see some farms anyway.

Tonight was at a sushi restaurant with the cousins on the 38th floor of a building in the city. The place was really nice and reasonably priced coated to Australian standards anyway. You can see the great influence I had on my 5 year old cousin. His mother doesn't regret leaving him under my supervision at all. Pretty sure I did well.

post-15810-13936296236273.jpg

Day 23:

Started the day on babysitting duty. Getting cousins out of bed and feeding them and getting them to school. No kids were injured so that's a win.

Miserable weather so did nothing the rest of the day. A bit of shisha in the afternoon which was average. Then just some time spent with some cousins. The young one likes the smoothness of my bald head. Easy day.

Fly out tomorrow morning to Dubai.

post-15810-13937448691728.jpg

Day 24:

Early morning to get the plane back to Dubai. The Emirates A380 is waaaaay better than the Qantas one. My new backpack is all kinds of awesome. 5.6kilos all up for all my clothes and toiletries etc. Then my laptop and power cable with various charging cables and plugs etc is 2 kilos. All carry on luggage! Yay!

Ok didn't actually take any photos yesterday so that's a fail but this is the view this morning from Ras Al Khaimah. Met some cousins I haven't met before so great to catch up with new family!