My Huge Stash of CC

Hey Ya'll,

I have illustrated my Huge Stash that I can possibly get some help on. I was in Mexico about a month ago, and went into a LCDH, they had a bunch of stick of CC that I had no idea what they were. So I picked out 4. The Montecristo #2 I smoked last week and almost died and went to Cigar Heaven. I've only smoked NC my whole life. These were the first I've ever purchased or bought. I'm scared that if I like my next one I will sell or give away a lot of my NC as I won't have enough room in my new Aristocrat end table full of NC's.

Can someone give me the names of these 4 that I have. I tried to measure with a ruler the size so I can compare the names on the internet, that did me no good. Which one would compare to the Monte#2. Any information at all on these would be great.

Lastly, I was given a Cohiba about 7 or so years ago, (far right) from a friend who owns a cigar store. It was a single that came in a wrapper in a single box. I don't know if it authentic or not. If I should toss it or keep it. It is 7 inches long with a ring gage if I had to guess 38.

Thanks for your help in advance!yte3eder.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE: You have to read the first post to understand this one. Lol I just found this post today that I was subscribed to, on my Cuban Cigar Journey. How fast one year goes by when you're having f

Wow, nice work my friend. I think I know where some of those came from. Is that drewl on your lips?

A lot of it I sold, a lot was smoked so I let these rest awhile, and most if not all the cigars under $5.00 I donated to the Armed Forces, collected by a B&M by my house.

A good starter kit I'd say - congrats !

Personally I like the Bolivar Bel. Fino, I am smoking through a cab right now and they are great.

As to compare to the MC 2 - hard to say, try the H.Upm. Nr 2.

Re the Cohiba - you say it came in a "wrapper" and a single box - now, the come in singles in a cardboard box but without any wrapper ... post a pic of the band, it looks mhm....

Enjoy the cigars and welcome to CC's !!

Uhm - Gee, son...? You sure about that "Cohiba"? confused.gif Looks kinda' sick in that picture there. And they haven't had only two rows of dots above the band in - How Long? thinking.gif

That Cohiba is Suspect, but the other cigars look great. I love the HU #2's one of my favorites. Smoke my first Ryj wide Churchill a month ago a grab two boxes here. Loved that cigars. Bolivar BF with a few years on them are smoking great. Well done for a first sampler.

Uhm - Gee, son...? You sure about that "Cohiba"? confused.gif Looks kinda' sick in that picture there. And they haven't had only two rows of dots above the band in - How Long? thinking.gif

The OP mentioned that he has had it for several years already. 2 dots is NOT a dead giveaway. The worst part is the cap which is pointed (?) and the wrapper, but after so many years, it could have just gotten banged up.

Smoke it and let us know. Its the best way to find out.

The Cohiba looks lumpy. Reminds me of my fresh rolled "cigars" in college.

Hush Child!

The yellow on the Cohiba band doesn't look right. Should be darker, almost orange-ish. Probably best to smoke it. You should be able to tell whether it's legit or not from first third (if not from first few puffs).

2/3 into it, and I must say. It's not great, but it's not bad. It taste a helluva lot better than some of my NC's that I smoke.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Wow, you have an Aristocrat filled with NCs???

I will tel you this now: The examples you have are all fantastic, and they are just the tip of the iceberg of your journey through CCs. The Monte 2 you had is really all the confirmation you need to that. I will bet that it won't be long from now that you will update us to say the Aristocrat is full of CCs!

Save your NCs. Although I still have a bunch of mine, and am pretty loyal to CCs, they are good to have now and again, and even better to share with folks who have yet to develop their cigar palate.

Lastly, the "Cohiba." Worst case it's fake and o'well. Best case it's real and aged, and hopefully delicious. Either way, it shouldn't change your perception of CCs.

The major difference between NCs and CCs (to me) is this... Among the various CC brands is multitude of flavor profiles. But they all are unified by the Cuban "twang." I feel NCs chase that, but just can't cut it. Some are close, but you pay a premium for those (i.e. Padron). There are dozens of CCs under ten bucks a stick...

Have fun!